cR Cap fixed - Commendations still freeze & more

Well I just got onto Reach after the maintenance last night, I read on the forums that the cR cap was now at 200k, and yes, it was, however, I did not receive any sort of message indicating I had hit the cap, I just simply stopped gaining credits.

I then proceeded to check if Commendations were frozen after users had hit the cap, and sadly, they are still frozen.

I played a game of Score Attack once I was capped, I had 27934 kills with Precision Weapons in Firefight, I got one kill with a DMR, quit and saw I was still on 27934.

To double check, I then started another game, played through the whole thing and then checked my Commendation, still 27934 kills.

I made a video of the one DMR kill and quitting and I am currently uploaded to YouTube.

Sad to say that this problem that came around with the cR cap bug, is still around after the cR cap is fixed.

Also, it seems that when you hit ‘Turn-In’ on Custom Challenges, you now instantly receive the cR, this I believe was to stop the Custom Challenge boosters getting much more cR than they should have been, which is a good change, if it was intended, unknown.

Link to YouTube Video: Commendations still freeze after maintenance - 26/1/12 - Apologies for blurryness, was recorded off an iPhone and I might have added a ‘Blur’ effect to the whole video on mistake.

did you check if it counts towards the commendations once the cap resets …?

> did you check if it counts towards the commendations once the cap resets …?

As in the next day? I will set my time zone forward and test now, one moment.

EDIT: If you meant does it update as soon as the cap resets for when you attempted to rise it up while they were frozen, no, it doesn’t.

About to try and get my Commendations up now after changing my time zone.

Bummer…

=(

Don’t understand what’s so hard about it…

200,000cR is ok I guess. Was hoping to be more around the 300,000cR ballpark, but still better than 120k.

Changing the time zone while capped does let you continue to gain commendations, however, it’s not a solution.

EDIT: Video link added to OP.

BS Angel just responded to a post of mine requesting details of the server update and whether or not 200k cap/instant Custom Challenge payout was true.

She said:

“We’d like to look into each of those things a bit more before officially confirming. Give me a few hours, please. :)”

> BS Angel just responded to a post of mine requesting details of the server update and whether or not 200k cap/instant Custom Challenge payout was true.
>
> She said:
>
> “We’d like to look into each of those things a bit more before officially confirming. Give me a few hours, please. :)”

I’ve tweeted her a few things to help her out, mainly the fact I was capped at 200k but received no notification of it and that Commendations still freeze, now it’s just a waiting game.

> > did you check if it counts towards the commendations once the cap resets …?
>
> As in the next day? I will set my time zone forward and test now, one moment.
>
> EDIT: If you meant does it update as soon as the cap resets for when you attempted to rise it up while they were frozen, no, it doesn’t.
>
> About to try and get my Commendations up now after changing my time zone.

ah, that sucks.

I hit the credit cap today and my commendations didnt freeze afterwards

> I hit the credit cap today and my commendations didnt freeze afterwards

Were you actually checking your commendations for Matchmaking/Firefight, they are frozen up solid for me.

> > I hit the credit cap today and my commendations didnt freeze afterwards
>
> Were you actually checking your commendations for Matchmaking/Firefight, they are frozen up solid for me.

I wrote down the totals after i hit the cap and then played a F game and got 3 perfections and 4 grounded and they went on and then played a few MM games and they also were added to the totals

> > > I hit the credit cap today and my commendations didnt freeze afterwards
> >
> > Were you actually checking your commendations for Matchmaking/Firefight, they are frozen up solid for me.
>
> I wrote down the totals after i hit the cap and then played a F game and got 3 perfections and 4 grounded and they went on and then played a few MM games and they also were added to the totals

Looks like I’m hopping back onto Reach to see if this is the same for me, the video I posted shows Commendations still frozen.

> > > > I hit the credit cap today and my commendations didnt freeze afterwards
> > >
> > > Were you actually checking your commendations for Matchmaking/Firefight, they are frozen up solid for me.
> >
> > I wrote down the totals after i hit the cap and then played a F game and got 3 perfections and 4 grounded and they went on and then played a few MM games and they also were added to the totals
>
> Looks like I’m hopping back onto Reach to see if this is the same for me, the video I posted shows Commendations still frozen.

It could just be the servers being slow. Ive had it in the past where i finished a game and checked and nothing and then when i checked bk 5 minutes later they were added.

> > > > > I hit the credit cap today and my commendations didnt freeze afterwards
> > > >
> > > > Were you actually checking your commendations for Matchmaking/Firefight, they are frozen up solid for me.
> > >
> > > I wrote down the totals after i hit the cap and then played a F game and got 3 perfections and 4 grounded and they went on and then played a few MM games and they also were added to the totals
> >
> > Looks like I’m hopping back onto Reach to see if this is the same for me, the video I posted shows Commendations still frozen.
>
> It could just be the servers being slow. Ive had it in the past where i finished a game and checked and nothing and then when i checked bk 5 minutes later they were added.

The game is acting like I was never capped, I switched my time zone ahead earlier after capping, switched back to test this, my commendations and credits went up, odd.

Thats weird. Maybe someone from 343i could give a little info as to why this has happened as mine worked fine today

Why am I not surprised…

Hit cap, Comm’s frozen in MM and FF…happy cap is higher…but I’ve saying for a long time now…get rid of the cap…Reach is like the only game to have such a thing.

I got an in-game notification of hitting the credit cap yesterday (Friday). This was after it was raised to 200k. So that appears to have been fixed for at least some players. I’ve read here on the forums where some still aren’t getting the notice. Weird.

Its good to see the cap finally raised