cR, Achievements, and Waypoint Armor

cR works as in Reach, but doesn’t affect your rank. Used to buy most armor.

Achievements will unlock armor like in Halo 3. Much fewer would be unlocked this way.

Waypoint is used to add Armor new armor to the armory. If 343 comes up with something new or wants to put it in a community want, they can add it by updating your armory. With each new piece is a prerequisite. For some, you may have to pay like 10000 cR AND get a certain achievment. Some may be free, but you must have a particular achievement. Some may require higher rank. Maybe me prerequisites are hidden, and the player must figure it out. You must do a secret achievement of finding and meleeing the armor you want that’s on a dead AI hidden in one of the levels.

Cool stuff like that. Would you like this system?

That sounds like the perfact armory system.

I have always said the credit system was good but it was implemented wrong in Reach. If earning credits was purely for the armoury and didn’t effect rank then I think a lot of people will be at peace. And in game commendations could contribute to unlocking armour and other things that could be in Halo 4.

I totally agree. In Halo 3, you had to actually do commendable things to unlock armor, but in Halo: Reach, all you had to do is play for a long time to rack up cR. If they mixed this system together, or made a new system entirely, I would love it.

I would like it if they keep using cR as a replacement to exp. To serve as a “second” requirement of time to ranking up. But rank won’t go up unless both your BPR and your cR are at the prerequisites. Like Halo 3’s Trueskill/Exp relationship.

Awsim.

Sounds like a pretty decent system, a fairly good balance of all the things that could be used for the Unlocks…

I’ve been thinking that the armory has needed a system like this for a while, and hope something like this is implemented in Halo 4. While buying things with credits should always be there from the start, you should be able to unlock certain armors through achievements and leveling. A common trend I’ve noticed from both Halo 3 and Reach is that when a many players reach the highest or most expensive tier of armor, that is the one they select, no matter how hideous they look together. With Halo 3 the usual helmet that I remember seeing was either Security or Recon, the Katana chest, and the Security oh Hayabusa shoulders. In Reach, it’s usually the Jorge chest, the Emile shoulders, and either the Security, Gungnir, or Haunted helmet.

If the gear was more spread out across achievements and leveling, perhaps we’ll get more diversity in the armors of the community, players wearing gear for achievements they were proud of completing instead to just defaulting to “it was the most expensive”. That’s my little rant for now.

I’ll be happy as long as I don’t have to hit friggin General to finish my Spartan again.

> I’ll be happy as long as I don’t have to hit friggin General to finish my Spartan again.

If you don’t want to have to hit General to finish your spartan, just don’t pick Armor that requires you to hit General.

I just want Elites to return, and be available for play in Matchmaking. I’m sick of playing 99% of my games as a Spartan. It’s insulting that a fan of the series, who’s been an Elite since 2004, is forced to be a Spartan. Much less all the other long-time Elite fans.

> > I’ll be happy as long as I don’t have to hit friggin General to finish my Spartan again.
>
> If you don’t want to have to hit General to finish your spartan, just don’t pick Armor that requires you to hit General.
>
> I just want Elites to return, and be available for play in Matchmaking. I’m sick of playing 99% of my games as a Spartan. It’s insulting that a fan of the series, who’s been an Elite since 2004, is forced to be a Spartan. Much less all the other long-time Elite fans.

But if you do prefer wearing Armor that requires a high rank, like myself, it is unfair compared to people who like armor like Mk. V or CQC.
I do agree that it was bull to leave out the Elite community in Reach though.