Cowards

I dont know about most of you guys but i for one am sick of cowards in Reach. Sword Base is a perfect example for this people will camp in the lift room even if they have the Sword, Shotgun and Pro Pipe. Not only that even if the enemy team has all the power weapons in a 1on1 fight they WILL run and hide but if it is 2on1 they will fight, i am truly sick of these kinds of people. Currently the brave are penelised and cowards are rewarded. Cowards i hate them so much.

Halo needs some sort of Honour system or something that rewards the brave and penilises the cowards.

> I dont know about most of you guys but i for one am sick of cowards in Reach. Sword Base is a perfect example for this people will camp in the lift room even if they have the Sword, Shotgun and Pro Pipe. Not only that even if the enemy team has all the power weapons in a 1on1 fight they WILL run and hide but if it is 2on1 they will fight, i am truly sick of these kinds of people. Currently the brave are penelised and cowards are rewarded. Cowards i hate them so much.
>
> Halo needs some sort of Honour system or something that rewards the brave and penilises the cowards.

Its the map not the players. That map begs people to camp.

Base= a safe place to stay in aka camp. Sword base= camp with sword.

Its not just sword base its every single map

Want to know a map that needs an honor system? Paradiso. Red team (the team im never on) always winds up with all the power weapons and vehicles. Most games end 100 - (insert pathetic score here)

It’s just playing smart. With armor abilities and slower kill times players are forced to resort to what used to be “cowardly” tactics in previous Halo games in order to excel.

Although I dont camp out, I have to plead guilty in a way. As much as I try to “get kills,” I also go out fo my way to try and not die. WIth this aspect, I try to think too much about my approaches, constantly circling, etc, so compared to others I think my engagements are limited. It also keeps my kill counts low, which as of late is starting to get rather frustrating, but I do such a worse job when I charge in guns ablazin.

The other night in team slayer (H3), my entire team quit and it was me against 4. I suck enough at this game and opted for a game of cat and mouse, not camping out, but moving and avaoidance, and hey even managed one kill out it. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=1855439288&player=SquareRigged

But camping out? I dont go into the game simply not to play.

Cheers with my two cents,
Brad

Kills = Wins. I don’t see what the problem is.

Where does it say that one must active run around the map, searching for his opponent? It’s a video game, there are no honor rules besides those affecting gameplay which are considered cheating.

Yes I’ve camped the top of Sword Base. It actually worked to my advantage in the Reach Beta. Put me from last place to first place in a matter of seconds.

I will also Yoink your kill in a heartbeat. I don’t care about your assassination. I want to win, and I shoot any enemy I see.

But more importantly I find that the camping tactics don’t really help or hinder my game at all. I am an impatient player. i run around looking for a fight 99.9% of the time. And if I do run into a group of campers clearing them out usually isn’t that difficult. Especially on Sword Base.

Ultimately it’s a legitimate strategy, because obviously people are getting wins with it.

It’s defiantly annoying and i admit to yelling myself at the game when ever im about to kill someone and he runs off and hides or i run into an area where someone is camping with a shotgun but you got to remember that even though its annoying that person is playing smart and chances are they are going to win the match…

Also i would suggest sticking with your teammates instead of going into rooms solo

At least camping isn’t as bad as Armor Lock.

If the map promotes camping, it will happen. Why run around when the enemy keeps coming to you?

Ive always gravitated towards realistic combat, and siege/camp scenarios have always occured in history. Still, it does get frustrating knowing someone is camped out at the top of an elevator with a very big gun just waiting for folks…

I really haven’t found “campers” to be much of a problem on SB. Players that choose to camp enclosed rooms are easy fodder. Those that camp entire floors are using a smart strategy that leads to top level dominance. Which of course if you are roaming an entire section or floor, you’re not camping, you’re strategically holding the hill. :wink:

> Want to know a map that needs an honor system? Paradiso. Red team (the team im never on) always winds up with all the power weapons and vehicles. Most games end 100 - (insert pathetic score here)

Interestingly enough red team are severely disadvantaged on Paradiso. Blue team have quicker paths to the Laser and can also get on the mountain much easier than red can.

The issue here is the maps, not the players. You can’t blame players for playing smart and using the map’s geometry to their advantage.

Sword Base ? I don’t have problem with campers. The room above the lift is really small, I just threw grenades there and usually the room gets cleaned. Fortunately, an ultimate camp room doesn’t exist. There’s always a possibility to kill a camper. I’ve never been really upset by a camper.

You gotta run and gun kid, if your having problems man you need to change up your strategy, part of being a good player is being able to anticipate your enemie’s moves, no ones going to feel sorry for you just because you opted to jump in the bloody grav lift when you know dam right theres a guy at the top with a sword thats killed you 7 times, thats why I love this game - because just when you think your at the top of your game someone can still come outta no where and surprise the hell outta ya with something really clever. Don’t allow yourself to get frustrated by dinks that just try the same -Yoink- its that much more disheartening for them when when you out play them even tho their sitting on all the good weapons

> Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

> The issue here is the maps, not the players. You can’t blame players for playing smart and using the map’s geometry to their advantage.

These people bought the game and support it by playing online if they want to camp thats their choice to make. But it is really easy to take out campers though so honestly who cares just lob some frags in there and blow them away.

> Want to know a map that needs an honor system? Paradiso. Red team (the team im never on) always winds up with all the power weapons and vehicles. Most games end 100 - (insert pathetic score here)

Are you kidding me? Blue team takes over red team every, single, game. The blue team constantly camps on top of the mountain and DMR’s the red team. I got a perfection from being on the blue team (half the red team quit, but still). If any team has the advantage, its the blue team. But, everyone has their different games and opinions I suppose.

Meh, I just suck.

> You gotta run and gun kid, if your having problems man you need to change up your strategy, part of being a good player is being able to anticipate your enemie’s moves, no ones going to feel sorry for you just because you opted to jump in the bloody grav lift when you know dam right theres a guy at the top with a sword thats killed you 7 times, thats why I love this game - because just when you think your at the top of your game someone can still come outta no where and surprise the hell outta ya with something really clever. Don’t allow yourself to get frustrated by dinks that just try the same Yoink! its that much more disheartening for them when when you out play them even tho their sitting on all the good weapons