Cover Chances?

Hello waypoointer…
What are the chances of the GameInformer cover reveal being Halo 4? How was this rumor first started?

Thanks guys

Very high

But why? Did anyone from 343 give us any hints or something? why are the chances so high?

I believe it was first started when a picture of the front cover of a games magazine was posted in this forum, suggesting that inside was info on MC’s new enemy and that we’d be fighting a Forerunner army.

This was then fueled by 343 having media in the studios to show off the game at its current state, coupled with a release of new info being “not many sleeps away”.

EDIT: From memory, I don’t believe the magazine photo had a name, it was purely a front cover draft, and as a result most people have assumed it is GameInformer due to the fact that this seems to fit the other criteria mentioned above.

~ Duck.

I may have posted this already in another thread, but here goes.

What we know:

1. 343i recently had a big private media event showcasing playable campaign demoes and “more” (multiplayer probably).

2. GI was obviously there.

3. OXM is rumored through an officil looking leak to be publishing a Halo 4 cover story related to campaign (“You and whose Forerunner Army?”)

4. Edge Magazine is publishing a story about Halo 4 (just not a cover story).

5. GI’s Chief Editor refuses to comment on questions related to Halo 4, but shot down GTA5 pretty quickly.

6. 343i has recently been saying that there is “very few sleeps” until the next reveal.

Conclusion: yeah, looks pretty good.

Ohh ok, makes sense. Seems legit. But if I remember correctly, that |leaked| magazine cover had the date “April 18th” on it.

> 3) X360 Mag will have a Halo 4 cover story related to campaign (“You and whose Forerunner Army?”) on April 18
> OXM teased a Coverstory too and this mag will come out on April 20.

Fix’d

> Ohh ok, makes sense. Seems legit. But if I remember correctly, that |leaked| magazine cover had the date “April 18th” on it.

Yes it did, but keep in mind that this was a leak, and in today’s case, we’ll only be seeing the cover of GI. The actual magazine won’t come out for a few days, maybe a week later (don’t know how GI works, I just read the mags when they show up).

> > Ohh ok, makes sense. Seems legit. But if I remember correctly, that |leaked| magazine cover had the date “April 18th” on it.
>
> Yes it did, but keep in mind that this was a leak, and in today’s case, we’ll only be seeing the cover of GI. The actual magazine won’t come out for a few days, maybe a week later (don’t know how GI works, I just read the mags when they show up).

All this fuss over a mag cover? I thought it was going to be a bit more interesting then that lol.

> All this fuss over a mag cover? I thought it was going to be a bit more interesting then that lol.

If we get it, the mag cover will be confirmation that in 2 days time we will get a full cover/ article over Halo 4.

> > All this fuss over a mag cover? I thought it was going to be a bit more interesting then that lol.
>
> If we get it, the mag cover will be confirmation that in 2 days time we will get a full cover/ article over Halo 4.

I guess there is that to it. Personally I just want to see some footage of the game. I want to see a good couple of minutes of gameplay, I don’t care if it’s MP, SP, Forge, Firefight, whatever, I just want to see some of the game.

> I guess there is that to it. Personally I just want to see some footage of the game. I want to see a good couple of minutes of gameplay, I don’t care if it’s MP, SP, Forge, Firefight, whatever, I just want to see some of the game.

We all do, and that’s why we are all here :slight_smile:

> > I guess there is that to it. Personally I just want to see some footage of the game. I want to see a good couple of minutes of gameplay, I don’t care if it’s MP, SP, Forge, Firefight, whatever, I just want to see some of the game.
>
> We all do, and that’s why we are all here :slight_smile:

Shame… we are all gonna be raging by the end of the night when the bulletin is “here is a SINGLE screenshot of ONE new gun” lol.

A member of 343 Industries tweeted a pic earlier today of Game Informer’s May 2012 cover with Halo 4 concept art of Chief and Cortana on it. Shame we’ll have to wait 'till May, because, supposedly, GI has an 18 page article on Halo 4 that we will get to read when the magazine comes out.

> A member of 343 Industries tweeted a pic earlier today of Game Informer’s May 2012 cover with Halo 4 concept art of Chief and Cortana on it. Shame we’ll have to wait 'till May, because, supposedly, GI has an 18 page article on Halo 4 that we will get to read when the magazine comes out.

No, it’s actually this month. The issues are named for the month after they’re released (meaning, the May issue is the one released on April). The issue will be out next week.