Covenant weapons based on Forerunner technology...

Considering that Covenant weapons are based on Forerunner technology do you think it would be safe to say that we will see weapons that slightly resemble covy tech in Halo 4?

You gotta figure for balance reasons…

Will we see Forerunner versions of…

Stickies
Energy Sword
Beam Rifle
Plasma Pistol
Fuel Rod Gun
Plasma Rifle
Carbine
?

It would make sense for us to see Forerunner versions of the covies weaponry in H4.

Well technically covy weapons (besides brute weapons) ARE based on forunner tech. Everything the convenant has is based on it.

We Know that lol

I think the weapons would have similarities, but I’m pretty sure the covenant have a horribly small grasp on the technologies true capabilities so the forerunner tech would be way better.

> I think the weapons would have similarities, but I’m pretty sure the covenant have a horribly small grasp on the technologies true capabilities so the forerunner tech would be way better.

Exactly. The Forerunners did build the Halo rings, so who knows what other over-powered weapons they have.

> Exactly. The Forerunners did build the Halo rings, so who knows what other over-powered weapons they have.

Watch Halo Legends…

Maybe you can pick up a Guilty Spark which will follow you around and Laser people in the face, better yet lets make that a kill streak reward.

Covenant species will be in H4 so I don’t see why it cant have more innovative forerunner weaponry. Having the same plus new ones would not be disappointing.

> > I think the weapons would have similarities, but I’m pretty sure the covenant have a horribly small grasp on the technologies true capabilities so the forerunner tech would be way better.
>
> Exactly. The Forerunners did build the Halo rings, so who knows what other over-powered weapons they have.

Yeah & still it was hard to them to trying stop the Flood :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t wait to see some new Forerunner weapons in Halo 4.
I would <3 Forerunner Flamethrower.

I remember H2 having a giant robot that shot red needles, so I guess needlers are a possible return.

> > > I think the weapons would have similarities, but I’m pretty sure the covenant have a horribly small grasp on the technologies true capabilities so the forerunner tech would be way better.
> >
> > Exactly. The Forerunners did build the Halo rings, so who knows what other over-powered weapons they have.
>
> Yeah & still it was hard to them to trying stop the Flood :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> I can’t wait to see some new Forerunner weapons in Halo 4.
> I would <3 Forerunner Flamethrower.

i think there way pass the flame based weopons, it would be more like a plasma burner, molten plasma is blasted at the enemy

> Covenant species will be in H4 so I don’t see why it cant have more innovative forerunner weaponry. Having the same plus new ones would not be disappointing.

For campaign but it might be a little much for multiplayer. Their would be 3 versions of each weapon. Which would be ok with me but probably wouldn’t work out too good.

Covenant weapons were based on the foundations of Forerunner tech, meaning their power supply was not their own. The method of delivery remains native to the Covenant, ie, those white ‘teeth’ that send a bolt of plasma downrange. The Prophets had plasma weaponry before discovering the Forerunners, but it was greatly improved by their new understanding of energy and nanotech.

Human weapons will keep their function and will be improved, some examples being railgun rifles and laser weapons lighter than a Spartan Laser.

And let’s not rule out fire… Things still burn 500 years from now.

I would say so, yes, but forerunner weapons are probaly much more advanced.