Covenant vehicles underwater

Would Covenant vehicles work underwater? Specifically would their propulsion systems work underwater like the Boosted gravity propulsion drive, impulse or repulsor engine?

I would ASSUME so, since it works in vacuum as well. The systems just need something to work against I think, and water would fill that role fine.

Speaking of water, I imagine doing good underwater physics with game engine is hell.

> 2535469324078285;3:
> Speaking of water, I imagine doing good underwater physics with game engine is hell.

Yes, but so are good physics in general. Additionally, you can drive a ghost and banshee underwater in a bunch of levels such as Death Island in Halo CE multiplayer, so it must work. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, but take throwing a grenade underwater. Speaking of vehicles driven underwater, remember a game called Battlezone 2, player could walk underwater when on foot, hover vehicles skimmed on top of water, while the heavy caterpillared ones, hardly remember, but in majority of cases they could sneak up the enemy base underwater, though in some cases they were considered casaulties if drowned. Classic Battlezone Redux recently was released by Rebellion, good sci-fi game.

Well, we know that the Banished versions of Covenant vehicles are capable of underwater operation. Covenant ships also seem to be capable of going underwater.

> 2535437652903765;6:
> Well, we know that the Banished versions of Covenant vehicles are capable of underwater operation. Covenant ships also seem to be capable of going underwater.

What is Banised version of the vehicle?

> 2535469324078285;7:
> > 2535437652903765;6:
> > Well, we know that the Banished versions of Covenant vehicles are capable of underwater operation. Covenant ships also seem to be capable of going underwater.
>
> What is Banised version of the vehicle?

They’re modified versions of normal Covenant vehicles like the Ghost, Wraith, and Banshee used by a new faction known as the Banished in Halo Wars 2.

Okay, thanks for clarification.

I assume so, but I don’t imagine they could do so without modification, at least. One that does come to mind without modification is the Deuteros Scarab, however, as we can see in ODST they jump out of the water onto the highway in the last level. I’d be interested in seeing what aquatic-focused Covenant vehicles would look like, if they even exist.

> 2533274907200114;2:
> I would ASSUME so, since it works in vacuum as well. The systems just need something to work against I think, and water would fill that role fine.

By the way, if the engines need to work against something, what do they work against in the cosmic vacuum? Unless we talk about some quantum, but since the quantum stuff is omnipresent, we can simply assume these engines can as well work against nothing - physical nothing, instead of philosophical nothing, which the physical nothing actually is something.

> 2535469324078285;11:
> > 2533274907200114;2:
> > I would ASSUME so, since it works in vacuum as well. The systems just need something to work against I think, and water would fill that role fine.
>
> By the way, if the engines need to work against something, what do they work against in the cosmic vacuum? Unless we talk about some quantum, but since the quantum stuff is omnipresent, we can simply assume these engines can as well work against nothing - physical nothing, instead of philosophical nothing, which the physical nothing actually is something.

I think they work against space itself…so, yeah, probably the quantum nothing. I think it might be related to how Covenant capital ships drive themselves.

It would be very advanced technology, wonder what is the tech status of pre-Covenant prior to discovering Forerunner stuff and how they even managed to get to discovering the Forerunner stuff. If they had quantum warp drives prior to discovering Forerunner stuff, what did Forerunner stuff give them? I accept nothing less than fourth spatial dimension access, which is basically pure magic to 3D common sense. Let me also mention that mastery of quantum secrets unlocks keys to things such as quantum entanglement - or “quanglement” - which includes quantum teleportation, which is faster than light travel of information in fixed conditions, next to quantum superposition, which allows quantum computing, which is computers employing parallel dimensions to temporarily store processed data. Well, if Covenant races already had that, what made them wait so long with claiming dominance?