Covenant Species Confirmed?

> The actual details, such as if it’s an Elite Zealot or an Elite Ranger, are less important at this stage than simply knowing it’s a Covenant figure.

As said by bs angel

Also, there was a Hunter toy under the Halo 4 tag and not the Halo Universe tag…

Is this really a confirmation?

Looks like. I had a feeling Covies would come back as a side enemy, and it looks like that’s happening.

Just fighting Sentries would get kinda boring…

I expected a new enemy (the one that crashed on Installation 04 in the CEA Terminals). I guess you really can’t expect them to throw away half of Halo’s classic sandbox, though.

Yeah, I mean, even though no one knows exactly what’s going to be in Halo 4. During one of the books the campaign is supposed to take from, the Sangheilli civil war breaks out. So it’s possible we’ll see a new Flood-esque, the Sangheilli, and Forerunner AI. Plus there might be civil war among the posted UNSC on the Forerunner planetoid. So it seems like there will be a diverse amount and type of enemies for us to face in this game.

> Just fighting Sentries would get kinda boring…

thats exactly what i thought, i would hate to just fight floating lazer face thingys!

Of course they’re coming back. I said so all along. Covenent species are an icon of Halo just like Master chief is. Doesn’t matter if they’re friend, foe or side characters. They’ll be there in some form or another.

Possible halo 4 enemies:

Flood (confirmed, also to have new and dangerous forms)
Forerunner/precursors (high possibility)
Covenant (Not certain)
Sentinals (Confirmed, also to have new and dangerous forms)

> I expected a new enemy (the one that crashed on Installation 04 in the CEA Terminals). I guess you really can’t expect them to throw away half of Halo’s classic sandbox, though.

Well I highly doubt they would show off the new enemy this soon, without a proper trailer to introduce it.

> > Just fighting Sentries would get kinda boring…
>
> thats exactly what i thought, i would hate to just fight floating lazer face thingys!

Obviously that would never happen.

> Just fighting Sentries would get kinda boring…

fighting covenant will get boring too…
I want new enemies :confused:

> Possible halo 4 enemies:
>
> Flood (<mark>confirmed</mark>, also to have new and dangerous forms)
> Forerunner/precursors (high possibility)
> Covenant (Not certain)
> Sentinals (<mark>Confirmed</mark>, also to have new and dangerous forms)

Uhhhm, confirmed? Care to source?

> > Possible halo 4 enemies:
> >
> > Flood (<mark>confirmed</mark>, also to have new and dangerous forms)
> > Forerunner/precursors (high possibility)
> > Covenant (Not certain)
> > Sentinals (<mark>Confirmed</mark>, also to have new and dangerous forms)
>
> Uhhhm, confirmed? /Care to source?

Primordium and the Toy Fair respectively.

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst59572_a-new-old-enemy.aspx

> we’ve had many debates over theories for the H4 storyline and the enemies, ranging from precursors to forerunners and even including other human empires…
>
> but i haven’t noted anyone talking about a possible return of the covenant, or - to be more precise - at least single species that were formerly part of the now defunct covenant.
>
> recently hunter action figure boxes with the H4 logo on them were seen and yes, i “heard” bs_angels talking about “placeholders” BUT i can’t stop feeling like we’ll meet some old enemies again.
> completely exchanging all enemies is a very dramatic step. after all, IMHO, the enemies we fought so far contributed a lot to halo’s success. fearless elites, brutal brutes, annoying drones, mighty hunters… even the little guys - though making the game feel even more “childish”, especially due to their squeaky voices - were part of the halo-identity and added to the walking tank feeling you should get when assuming the role of master chief, contrary to elites & brutes, although of course they made the gameplay more interesting.
>
> due to the forerunner saga books and the forerunner setting seen in both the teaser and the concept art trailer, i’d say it’s save to assume that the flood will be back, but the flood alone would be boring and - btw: the flood need’s “food”, so there HAS to be someone else.
> assuming that we, the reclaimer, don’t fight against forerunners & their technology (sentinels, enforcers & co), there has to be another enemy - but probably not precursors since “there’s no difference” (quoting the timeless one) between them and the flood.
> that leaves us with the ex-covenant species, if there’s no new species introduced (crashed ship on installation 04 ?).
>
> i haven’t read glasslands yet, but from what i get an elite-civil war is on it’s way and the brutes are still alive and kicking and despite them all bringing it onto themselves, they’re really pissed at mankind. i don’t see a motivational problem with sangheili or jiralhanae fighting “the Demon” again, question is: how could they be related to the “ancient enemy” and get to Master Chief’s legendary planet?
>
> all assumptions, no proof whatsoever, just a feeling in my bladder.
> i, for myself, would like to see some of the old fiends return - if the story sums up.

> > > Possible halo 4 enemies:
> > >
> > > Flood (<mark>confirmed</mark>, also to have new and dangerous forms)
> > > Forerunner/precursors (high possibility)
> > > Covenant (Not certain)
> > > Sentinals (<mark>Confirmed</mark>, also to have new and dangerous forms)
> >
> > Uhhhm, confirmed? /Care to source?
>
> Primordium and the Toy Fair respectively.

Primordium only hinted towards the return of the Flood, it was not a confirmation. And that Sentinel thing from the toy fair wasn’t part of the “Halo 4 toy line” so we really can’t take it as a confirmation just yet. Its no more confirmed than the Covenant are.

> > > > Possible halo 4 enemies:
> > > >
> > > > Flood (<mark>confirmed</mark>, also to have new and dangerous forms)
> > > > Forerunner/precursors (high possibility)
> > > > Covenant (Not certain)
> > > > Sentinals (<mark>Confirmed</mark>, also to have new and dangerous forms)
> > >
> > > Uhhhm, confirmed? /Care to source?
> >
> > Primordium and the Toy Fair respectively.
>
> Primordium only hinted towards the return of the Flood, it was not a confirmation. And that Sentinel thing from the toy fair wasn’t part of the “Halo 4 toy line” so we really can’t take it as a confirmation just yet. Its no more confirmed than the Covenant are.

The Precursor says word for word “we will return in a thousand centuries, and humanity will be tested again.” Their “test” is the Flood. And he said before all this: "we are the Flood; there is no difference.And the box with the Sentinel toys has both A) a new unseen tripod type creature, and B) a Halo 4 armored red Spartan.

> > > > > Possible halo 4 enemies:
> > > > >
> > > > > Flood (<mark>confirmed</mark>, also to have new and dangerous forms)
> > > > > Forerunner/precursors (high possibility)
> > > > > Covenant (Not certain)
> > > > > Sentinals (<mark>Confirmed</mark>, also to have new and dangerous forms)
> > > >
> > > > Uhhhm, confirmed? /Care to source?
> > >
> > > Primordium and the Toy Fair respectively.
> >
> > Primordium only hinted towards the return of the Flood, it was not a confirmation. And that Sentinel thing from the toy fair wasn’t part of the “Halo 4 toy line” so we really can’t take it as a confirmation just yet. Its no more confirmed than the Covenant are.
>
> The Precursor says word for word “we will return in a thousand centuries, and humanity will be tested again.” Their “test” is the Flood. And he said before all this: "we are the Flood; there is no difference.And the box with the Sentinel toys has both A) a new unseen tripod type creature, and B) a Halo 4 armored red Spartan.

THe “unseen” one was an enforcer, like in Halo 2.

> The Precursor says word for word “we will return in a thousand centuries, and humanity will be tested again.” Their “test” is the Flood. And he said before all this: "we are the Flood; there is no difference.

wrong. he says “a hundred and one thousand centuries”. that’s 10.100.000 years. 10 millions from now.
and he doesn’t say that’s when humanity will be tested and especially not again. at one point he says humanity will be tested next, but gives no date for that.
so humanity hasn’t been tested yet, implying that the flood (and the sacrifice of 1/3 of the population) is not the test, which is an observation and not an “exam” (like repelling a flood outbreak) as the timeless one states that the verdict on the forerunners was made after “long study”.

> THe “unseen” one was an enforcer, like in Halo 2.

enforcers don’t have no legs. it looks more like one of the machines that built the portal on earth from “the cradle of life”.

that is…disappointing…i wonder how will they handle it