Covenant sniper idea.

So despite what alot of people want, I’m going to say that the halo 3 sniper is not likely to return, heres why: The covenant sniper was to close to the actual sniper, and with the new weapon spawning system; I see no reason to have two almost identical snipers. Why send down a covenant sniper if a normal sniper will suffice.

The halo reach covenant sniper wasn’t vary popular although I’d like to see some weapon with a similar lazer type beam.

New idea:
A weapon with the same lazer like beam as the focus rifle(halo reach). But the beam only last about 1 second, if the 1 sec beam is held on target consistently; target will die 1st shot/burst, if not; it will take about two bursts(average).
Ammo-type as 343 see fit.

So it’s basically like a much more powerful focus rifle?

meh

I’d prefer to just put the beam rifle back in for campaign and have the human sniper be the only one in matchmaking.

Not a terrible idea. We discussed this in the thread entitled New Melee Weapon. Go check it out. (Crossbow)

> So it;s basically like a much more powerful focus rifle?
>
>
> meh

Its faster, but takes more still, like a sniper.

focus rifle FTW

Personally, I really like the Focus Rifle. It’s really fun to just run around and troll people with it (which is why we call it the Troll Gun). I think we have enough problems with regular Snipers as it is. Making another weapon like the Beam Rifle will just make it worse.

The focus rifle is really fun to use but it is kind of underpowered. At least compared to the sniper.

I love to use it when I’m playing bad players though.

The Beam Rifle was the only real Covenant sniper we’ve seen so far. The Focus Rifle was trash. Plus the Focus Rifle will probably be replaced by the Sentinel Beam considering we are in a MASSIVE Forerunner installation which usually contain thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of Sentinels.

i actually like the focus rifle, just always felt it was somewhat underpowered in comparison to the human sniper rifle :confused:

id actually like to see it brought back. a crossbow would be pretty cool too as mentioned in another thread NOT trying to CODify Halo 4 here…

> i actually like the focus rifle, just always felt it was somewhat underpowered in comparison to the human sniper rifle :confused:
>
> id actually like to see it brought back. a crossbow would be pretty cool too as mentioned in another thread NOT trying to CODify Halo 4 here…

A crossbow sounds kinda human though (haven’t seen thead)

the beam rifle was much better than the UNSC sniper, it could be shot quicker and an overcharged shot would be instant kill. If timed right, you wouldn’t overheat and could keep using it without reloading.

> the beam rifle was much better than the UNSC sniper, it could be shot quicker and an overcharged shot would be instant kill. If timed right, you wouldn’t overheat and could keep using it without reloading.

Overcharge the beam rifle?

Wait, what?

1. Silent crossbow

2. Sniper Flamethrower

3. Explosive Rifle

One of the above seems in-character for the Covenant, and would serve well as additions to the sandbox.

In the thread “New Melee Weapon”, we discussed a new Covenant weapon, the Static Bow: Elite Crossbow that when shot, sticks to enemy, and shocks when the triger is released (like grenade launcher).
People have been saying make it silent.

Also, the shock could either hurt them, or the contact could hurt them, and the shock either disrupt the hud or disrupt AA. Just an idea though.

I just hope they bring back a proper sniper rifle. Don’t get me wrong, I like the beam rifle and it has a purpose; but in terms of a sniper system, it doesn’t work. It’s better at supporting team mates by weakening enemies.

I don’t mind it staying, but there has to be a decent covenant counter to the sniper rifle.