Covenant Signet emblem?

I finished the Covenant AI killer commendation and got the Covenant Signet emblem i thought that was really weird from a lore perspective, wouldn’t that be like wearing a swastika around 50s Europe?
Spartan IVs and multiplayer are pretty canon for the most part, Are emblems not canon? Seems kind of tasteless of a Spartan to do AT LEAST, if not just crazy suspicious.

Well I have no plan how its fit lore wise but for the swastika part I can help you.
After the world war two many germans who fouhgt for the africa corps keep their marks as an sign if honor and this.
If we could play as elites this would be my explanation why we get the signet emblem.
Heres an picture of the africacorps log:
With an sign insted the swastika if you want an original pic use google I dont post it here.Picture
Personnal views are welcome so are corrections.
In case there are problems with the picture message me.

Not everything has to be canon. Do you think the Mister Chief, MS DOS or the paperclip make sense? They’re just there for fun. The campaign is obviously canon, but even they do non-canon things for the sake of being fun. Or do you believe it’s canon that the Master Chief found magical human skulls that turn all his weapons into Scarab Guns, or make Grunt heads explode into confetti while disembodied children shout with excitement?

> 2533274793749599;3:
> Not everything has to be canon. Do you think the Mister Chief, MS DOS or the paperclip make sense? They’re just there for fun. The campaign is obviously canon, but even they do non-canon things for the sake of being fun. Or do you believe it’s canon that the Master Chief found magical human skulls that turn all his weapons into Scarab Guns, or make Grunt heads explode into confetti while disembodied children shout with excitement?

I could see them as being quirky jokes, like the leviathan/Behemoth art on the elephants in Sandtrap, etc.

Not everything’s canon no, but not everything isn’t as well. I always thought Emblems were a way Spartans personalize themselves, kind of like knick marks on a weapon for kills, ace of spades in the helmet for good luck etc.

which is why I thought the covenant signet specifically was kind of odd.