Covenant ship design

Why do the covies now have enormous engines strapped to their ships. Their unique sleek shark look now resembles a whale with tumors.

maybe they’re upgrades from their time they had control of the Protheans and had access to more advanced forerunner tech

Idk. But the Sins of the Prophets modders are loving the new ships.

And also Halo: Fleet Battles are already adding them in the game

Anybody see the whale ship on truth? What even is that design supposed to be? It’s way too generic.

LOL. That was funny. Well… I guess whales having tumors isn’t really supposed to be funny.

> 2533274963187769;4:
> Anybody see the whale ship on truth? What even is that design supposed to be? It’s way too generic.

> 2533274793616507;5:
> LOL. That was funny. Well… I guess whales having tumors isn’t really supposed to be funny.

Well read Fall of Reach, all the ships are described as Giant whales with numbs and humps all around

> 2533274803137071;6:
> > 2533274963187769;4:
> > Anybody see the whale ship on truth? What even is that design supposed to be? It’s way too generic.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274793616507;5:
> > LOL. That was funny. Well… I guess whales having tumors isn’t really supposed to be funny.
>
>
> Well read Fall of Reach, all the ships are described as Giant whales with numbs and humps all around

Yeah, that was talking about classic ship designs. It is the first piece of Halo media ever published after all.

This design (only talking about that one specific ship) is just not Halo to me. The cruiser style ships look cool but that one is just bland and unoriginal.

> 2533274963187769;7:
> > 2533274803137071;6:
> > > 2533274963187769;4:
> > > Anybody see the whale ship on truth? What even is that design supposed to be? It’s way too generic.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274793616507;5:
> > > LOL. That was funny. Well… I guess whales having tumors isn’t really supposed to be funny.
> >
> >
> > Well read Fall of Reach, all the ships are described as Giant whales with numbs and humps all around
>
>
> Yeah, that was talking about classic ship designs. It is the first piece of Halo media ever published after all.
>
> This design (only talking about that one specific ship) is just not Halo to me. The cruiser style ships look cool but that one is just bland and unoriginal.

Idk. Seemed pretty cool in the giant battle in campaign. You can see a few hovering above you

Where did these ships come from anyway? It’s like they just popped magically into the Halo universe.

I believe it is a mix of Forerunner discoveries and not being Covenant. The Covenant races are now all split into groups and it would make sense their ships end up different. Specifically Kig-Yar pirates.