Covenant in Halo 4

Without these aliens in Halo 4, is it even a Halo game?

I mean lots of fans love battling the covenant, and lots of people would be fine if they weren’t called covenant.

For example the Elites allied with the UNSC, and are on a mission to kill the prophets and brutes as well as any other “covenant” the still serve the prophets.

If you read the book or even watched the video “The return” you would see there are still are jackals and grunts and brutes roaming the galaxy, still trying to destroy humans, and the remaining elites, now allies with the UNSC, are hunting these “covenant” remains.

This doesn’t mean you wouldn’t be fighting forerunners and the flood in halo 4, but if there is a few missions were you meet up with some elites and hunt some brutes I think a lot of people will be happy.

Also the gameplay would be terrible without some forms of covenant.

Like how would you play firefight? Wave after wave of monitors? And Invasion? Let alone what about preferred species? Spartan or flood?

All I’m saying is if there is a little covenant survivors here and there, it would still have the right to be called Halo.

halo was never only about the covenant. you do know if there wasn’t a halo it wouldn’t be called halo right?

It is mostly about the forerunners

yes the forrunners play a big part but im saying if there isn’t any covenant in halo 4 then halo just wouldn’t be halo. also the the UNSC found halo because of the covenant destroying reach and its all ultimately about humans fighting off the covenant invasion, or “was”

and i mean halo 4 can be about battling forerunners and stuff i don’t care but if some elites and brutes and stuff happen to be in it i think it would be a lot cooler

> yes the forrunners play a big part but im saying if there isn’t any covenant in halo 4 then halo just wouldn’t be halo. also the the UNSC found halo because of the covenant destroying reach and its all ultimately about humans fighting off the covenant invasion, or “was”
>
> and i mean halo 4 can be about battling forerunners and stuff i don’t care but if some elites and brutes and stuff happen to be in it i think it would be a lot cooler

Saying “Halo isn’t Halo if there isn’t X” is a poor statement. At least go more in depth with what you are trying to say. Halo will still be Halo as long as that title is on it.

With that clear, I hope the Covenant take no part in Halo 4. In my opinion 5 Halos in which we fight the Covenant is enough. If you want to fight the Covenant, play the previous Halos. It’s time for something new. Personally, if the Covenant still play a major role in Halo 4 I will be disappointed with 343 Industries. They have this great chance to do something new with the series, so why beat the dead horse that is the Covenant?

The only Covenant that I think would be acceptable to see in Halo 4 would be the Arbiter or just the Elites in general. No “the Covenant has reformed” BS that some people think would be great.

As odd as it may sound, the Covenant never have been that important for Halo. At least not for the games. They are important for the novels since most of them deal with the Human-Covenant war. But as for the games, at least the first trilogy, they serve only to ultimately lead the player to the Flood.

So yes, Halo 4 (and 5 and 6) will still be Halo games even if you don’t see a single Shangheili, Grunt, or any other Covenant. Halo without the Flood, however, is hard for me to justify.

I think that the enemy in Halo 4 will ather be the Forerunners or the Flood. Even though they were destroyed in Halo 3. It was said that some may still be lurking out in the far reaches of space.

As I have said before, if elites aren’t in Halo 4 then I’ not buying it.

Yeah bro totally agree it can be like a big group of the Covenant army are stuck and have been stuck there for a while and don’t now about the Elites becoming human allies or the prophet’s death and still believe they are at war with humanity. I don’t think Halo wouldn’t be Halo without the Covenant but I do think it would make the campaign a lot more fun with the Covenant in it.

I don’t see how someone can say the covenant is not essential to halo. The whole story is built around it. If the UNSC was not fighting the covenant there wouldn’t be any conflict with the forrunners or flood.

Why can’t Halo 4 have a wide variety of factions and enemies? Look at the previous games, especially Halo 2, and with the exception of Halo: Reach.

Halo: Combat Evolved
Covenant:
-Grunts
-Jackals
-Elites
-Hunters

Flood:
-Combat Forms
-Infection Forms
-Carrier Forms

Forerunners:
-Sentinels

Halo 2
Covenant:
-Grunts
-Jackals
-Elites
-Hunters
-Drones
-Brutes
-A Prophet

Heretics:
-Grunts
-Elites

Flood:
-Combat Forms
-Infection Forms
-Carrier Forms

Forerunners:
-Sentinels
-Enforcers

Halo 3
Covenant:
-Same as Halo 2, without the Prophet
-Engineers (ODST)

Flood:
-Combat Form
-Infection Form
-Carrier Form
-Pure Forms

Forerunners:
-Sentinels
-A Monitor

Halo: Reach
Covenant:
-Grunts
-Jackals (and Skirmishers)
-Elites
-Hunters
-Drones
-Brutes
-Engineers

Hypothetical enemies for Halo 4
Forerunners**:**
**-**Sentinels
-Monitors
-Enforcers
-AIs
-Other forms of combat robots

Flood:
-Combat Form
-Infection Form
-Carrier Form
-Pure Forms
-Juggernaut
-Proto-Gravemind
-Gravemind
-Captive Forerunner AI/Monitor

Covenant remnants:
-Brutes
-Grunts
-Jackals
-Hunters
-Drones
-Prophets

Possible Elite rebels:
-Elites
-Grunts

Precursors
-Who knows?

There is potential for a lot of variety in the enemies and factions of Halo 4. All 343i needs to do is make a Campaign that is as long as all the previous Halo campaigns combined and write an amazing story! I’d like to see some variety in the scenery and locations, as well.

All I am saying is yes, battling forerunners is cool, and would make a great story but if at least the elites are in it i think it would be cooler

> As odd as it may sound, the Covenant never have been that important for Halo. At least not for the games. They are important for the novels since most of them deal with the Human-Covenant war. But as for the games, at least the first trilogy, they serve only to ultimately lead the player to the Flood.
>
> So yes, Halo 4 (and 5 and 6) will still be Halo games even if you don’t see a single Shangheili, Grunt, or any other Covenant. Halo without the Flood, however, is hard for me to justify.

the flood isn’t in halo reach