Covenant In Halo 4 as allies

I wonder for Halo 4, the Covenant should appear in the game, not as enemies though. The Covenant are led by Truth’s successor, the Prophet of Wisdom. He believes that the human race is too powerful to defeat and plans to negotiate a peace and trade treaty with them. Master Chief meets a group of Covenant with the Prophet of Wisdom, who orders them to hold fire. He then has a conversation with him and talk about how the Covenant ceased hostilities with the humans.

The Covenant won’t be allies in Halo 4. If anything it’ll be the Elites and the UNSC fighting the new enemy. While the Brutes try to reform the covenant or something.

Is this from Glasslands? Because I need to buy the book to catch up!

Speaking as someone who hasnt read the books (Dont look at me like that) I can only imagine that this “ancient enemy” we are facing in halo4 will require more than just the master chief and humanity to stop it. Even if its in halo 5 or 6 I reckon we will see the covenant again as allies.
Perhaps a new covenant with the brutes and prophets gotten rid of and led by the elites?

> Is this from Glasslands? Because I need to buy the book to catch up!

no it is not.

> > Is this from Glasslands? Because I need to buy the book to catch up!
>
> no it is not.

The only element present here is the possibility of the UNSC and Sangheili but that’s still far fetched. Fighting is over but a direct truce has not been made.

I’m pretty sure the Prophets are shunned by whatever is left of the Covenant after Halo 3, especially considering they used the Covenant races as pawns and held them in check with lies of salvation for over a thousand years. If anything, I could maybe see Sanghelli coming into play, but that’s a stretch.

No…that would ruin a lot of it and it just would t feel Halo. I think for. Reading glasslands that the elites (no longer called elites due to the, not being in the covenat) would be the enemy along wih what ever other thing 343 has amazingly brought to us. Halo 4 in my opinion will be great. My favorite game of all time probably.

Humanity probably won’t have any allies.

no haha, did you just make this up? pretty sure there is no prophet of wisdom

> Speaking as someone who hasnt read the books (Dont look at me like that) I can only imagine that this “ancient enemy” we are facing in halo4 will require more than just the master chief and humanity to stop it. Even if its in halo 5 or 6 I reckon we will see the covenant again as allies.
> Perhaps a new covenant with the brutes and prophets gotten rid of and led by the elites?

That would be nice. A new Covenant without the Brutes and Prophets, the two major problems with it.

After eveything that has happened within the Covenant, I highly doubt the scattered races of the Covenant will ever listen to a Prophet again.
This is the Covenant now:

Elites are split on their homeworld, trying to re-learn their old ways without the Prophets. Some agree with the Arbiter’s view on peace with the humans, but some like the Servants of Abiding Truth would rather not share the galaxy with Humanity.

Grunts: Most likely returned to their homeworld, living in peace.

Brutes: Some have gone back to their homeworld to live, fighting each other once in a while. Some have been taken a servants to the Elites. Some are still putting up a fight against the Elites.

Jackals: They have gone back to their pirate ways. Not much more to be said.

Drones: Unknown.

Prophets: Disappeared. Almost extinct, due to loss of High Charity.

The Covenant is very scattered, and they all absolutely hate the Prophets for lying to them for all this time. So maybe a high-ranking Elite could reunite a group of Covies, but definetly not a Prophet.

> The Covenant won’t be allies in Halo 4. If anything it’ll be the Elites and the UNSC fighting the new enemy. While the Brutes try to reform the covenant or something.

i agree with this but i think the main focus is going to be on “the ancient evil”

> After eveything that has happened within the Covenant, I highly doubt the scattered races of the Covenant will ever listen to a Prophet again.
> This is the Covenant now:
>
> Elites are split on their homeworld, trying to re-learn their old ways without the Prophets. Some agree with the Arbiter’s view on peace with the humans, but some like the Servants of Abiding Truth would rather not share the galaxy with Humanity.
>
> Grunts: Most likely returned to their homeworld, living in peace.
>
> Brutes: Some have gone back to their homeworld to live, fighting each other once in a while. Some have been taken a servants to the Elites. Some are still putting up a fight against the Elites.
>
> Jackals: They have gone back to their pirate ways. Not much more to be said.
>
> Drones: Unknown.
>
> Prophets: Disappeared. Almost extinct, due to loss of High Charity.
>
> The Covenant is very scattered, and they all absolutely hate the Prophets for lying to them for all this time. So maybe a high-ranking Elite could reunite a group of Covies, but definetly not a Prophet.

the drones also went back to their homeworld

yes please, i would hate to see some “reunited covenant” as enemies crap

OK people stop talking about Covenant in Halo 4, Frankie already said there is no “Purple” meaning no Covenant in any form.

> OK people stop talking about Covenant in Halo 4, Frankie already said there is no “Purple” meaning no Covenant in any form.

Source?

A Prophet of Wisdom would act contrary to his name so he would make all sorts of bad mistakes. In other words, he would still try to fight humanity instead of making peace with them.

> After eveything that has happened within the Covenant, I highly doubt the scattered races of the Covenant will ever listen to a Prophet again.
> This is the Covenant now:
>
> Elites are split on their homeworld, trying to re-learn their old ways without the Prophets. Some agree with the Arbiter’s view on peace with the humans, but some like the Servants of Abiding Truth would rather not share the galaxy with Humanity.
>
> Grunts: Most likely returned to their homeworld, living in peace.
>
> Brutes: Some have gone back to their homeworld to live, fighting each other once in a while. Some have been taken a servants to the Elites. Some are still putting up a fight against the Elites.
>
> Jackals: They have gone back to their pirate ways. Not much more to be said.
>
> Drones: Unknown.
>
> Prophets: Disappeared. Almost extinct, due to loss of High Charity.

IMO,

Elites - yes
Engineers - very likely
Jackals, Brutes - possibly
Hunters, Drones - uncertain
Grunts - unlikely
Prophets - no