covenant in Forward unto dawn

What do you guys think…
Will they be fully digital it body suit characters?

Also…what’s up with Halsey SOS message at the end of the trailer?

In this thread, Frankie says something along the lines of that Covenant will be a mixture of props and CGI. Frankie is “Stinkles”.

That was Cortana at the end, sending out her distress call from the back of the Forward Unto Dawn, and the adult Thomas Lasky receiving it.

> What do you guys think…
> Will they be fully digital it body suit characters?
>
>
> Also…what’s up with Halsey SOS message at the end of the trailer?

If the body suits look ‘very’ and I mean ‘very’ convincing then by all means have real Covenant. If not I am fine with digitally animated. I was little bit disappointed in the trailer when we heard the Covenant attacking and all we saw was a vague silhouette of a camo’d elite and Chief obliterating it. XD

It wasn’t Halsey’s distress signal, it was from Cortana - Sotaro Tojima played it in a video where he used a small device to show a range of sound effects he could use to change the effect of the voice.

> > What do you guys think…
> > Will they be fully digital it body suit characters?
> >
> >
> > Also…what’s up with Halsey SOS message at the end of the trailer?
>
> If the body suits look ‘very’ and I mean ‘very’ convincing then by all means have real Covenant. If not I am fine with digitally animated. I was little bit disappointed in the trailer when we heard the Covenant attacking and <mark>all we saw was a vague silhouette of a camo’d elite and Chief obliterating it.</mark> XD

There was also pink needles being shot past Chief as he fired his AR (though this info doesn’t really help much since we still don’t see Covenant).

[deleted]

> There was also pink needles being shot past Chief as he fired his AR (though this info doesn’t really help much since we still don’t see Covenant).

Ah yes, I remember that bit as well.

I am confident they didn’t reveal the covenant because they want to build the anticipation and excitement for the initial release of episode 1. In all the other Live Action pieces the Covenant have looked pretty good both digitally and human costume made. The point of the story is also this area of planet and the academy’s fist contact with the Covenant so it seems right to keep their identity hidden until the release.

> The whole point of this live action movie is to educate newcomers about Halo and its fiction. So, it’s pretty much guaranteed that the Covenant will show up.

We know they are going to show up, the question is will they be Human Costume or Digitally Animated? Perhaps a mixture of both.

[deleted]

> > > The whole point of this live action movie is to educate newcomers about Halo and its fiction. So, it’s pretty much guaranteed that the Covenant will show up.
> >
> > We know they are going to show up, the question is will they be Human Costume or Digitally Animated? Perhaps a mixture of both.
>
> I’ve gone 30 hours without sleep, so I apologise.
>
> I’m interesting to see how the grunts will look.

No worries :slight_smile:

Yes, I hope they keep the slightly comedic and ‘faulty’ charisma to the grunts whilst the elites are simply terrifying and creepy.

[deleted]

> > No worries :slight_smile:
> >
> > Yes, I hope they keep the slightly comedic and ‘faulty’ charisma to the grunts whilst the elites are simply terrifying and creepy.
>
> Well, the grunts can’t speak English already, right? So they’ll be mostly Reach-like. I was actually referring to their physiology. Will it look like Halo Reach - ODST or like Halo 4’s.

Ah ok, Yes if they stick to the chronological fiction, the Grunts in FUD should hold the Reach appearance. But who knows, they may decide to change it for something that looks ‘better’ or maybe just a case of 343i is now in control, not bungie.

Regarding the Grunt’s charisma I was more referring to their high pitched squeaks and clumsy behaviour such as running in circles and generally doing stupid things on the battlefield when in fear XD

[deleted]

> That was Cortana at the end, sending out her distress call from the back of the Forward Unto Dawn, and the adult Thomas Lasky receiving it.

damn good to know now I’m freaking pumped.

> > The whole point of this live action movie is to educate newcomers about Halo and its fiction. So, it’s pretty much guaranteed that the Covenant will show up.
>
> We know they are going to show up, the question is will they be Human Costume or Digitally Animated? Perhaps a mixture of both.

Well considering that the Chief is played by a guy in a cosplay suit, I don’t have my hopes too high. But that’s just me.

> > > The whole point of this live action movie is to educate newcomers about Halo and its fiction. So, it’s pretty much guaranteed that the Covenant will show up.
> >
> > We know they are going to show up, the question is will they be Human Costume or Digitally Animated? Perhaps a mixture of both.
>
> Well considering that the Chief is played by a guy in a cosplay suit, I don’t have my hopes too high. But that’s just me.

so were the werewolves in the original underworld and the looked damn good. Besides…I would not call that just a cosplay suit and Frankie said they were gonna be part CGI

> That was Cortana at the end, sending out her distress call from the back of the Forward Unto Dawn, and the adult Thomas Lasky receiving it.

so wait Thomas serves on/Commands the infinity??

> so wait Thomas serves on/Commands the infinity??

Thomas is the Commander aboard the Infinity.

> > That was Cortana at the end, sending out her distress call from the back of the Forward Unto Dawn, and the adult Thomas Lasky receiving it.
>
> so wait Thomas serves on/Commands the infinity??

This is one of the major reasons why they are using the face of Thomas Lasky as the main protagonist in FuD. It follows his history as a cadet and how the chief inspired him to be a commander on board the infinity.