Covenant if they werent super advanced

ok. So I saw the other thread about the covenant finding us now. So what if humanity found the covenant now and they werent super technilogically evolved? What do you think we would do? I Think we would try to make communications with them and eventually fight given human nature. Now remember. The covenant arent super strong and ready for a war on humanity.

Discuss please!

Edit: They arent low in technolgy. Lets say they are around the same level of advancement in their technology as we are ours

Which race? I mean, if they weren’t technologically superior there wouldn’t be a Covenant.

EDIT: If it were the elites, we’d probably feel threatened by them. But otherwise, I’d think Humanity would enslave any race that is “lower” than ourselves.

ok ok ok. imagine as if they WERE still a covenant all together. just use imagination man lol.

> ok ok ok. imagine as if they WERE still a covenant all together. just use imagination man lol.

Gotcha! I edited my main post to fit this imagination usage. :slight_smile:

Exactly. Us humans have a tendency to feel superior to everything and everyone, no matter how untrue it is. We’ve enslaved (and still enslave) our own human race, I can’t imagine what we’d do to an alien one.

But yes, the Covenant without being technologically advanced isn’t the Covenant. They’re groups of alien races put together with technological contributions from each race.

lol ok so I edited the original. sorry

The situation is nearly impossible, if you look at even technology differences between our countries you can see something as small as a 20 year difference is huge in warfare. There are also alot of X factors when It comes to putting forces in opposition to each other, technology, resources, religion all come into effect.

The Covenant isn’t just one massive species, it’s many combined into one force. If you found a weak Covenant, it’d probably be single species right? I mean either they’re separate and weaker or they’re “advanced” as a whole. I don’t really get the question after putting thought into it.

It depends on what we found, if it was just Grunts we might have a chance, if we discovered Elites or any other part of the Covenant we could be in a spot of bother lol.

He obviously meant what would we do if we encountered the separate alien species that make up the covenant. Don’t tear his thread apart over semantics -.-

OT: I think it depends really. We’d probably enslave the grunts, exterminate the buggers, try to forge an alliance or treaty with the jackals and skirmishers, study the lekgolo, and eventually we’d war with the elites, unless they managed to somehow show the human race that we’re no match for them.

And we’d manage to get our hands on any alien technology we could and backwards engineer it so that we could catch up.

Think District 9 :slight_smile:

> Think District 9 :slight_smile:

Worst film I have ever had the misfortune of watching

On topic, I think if we encountered the Lekgolo (I am going for some plausability here) on the ice/water moon near jupiter (I have forgotten the name) There would be a mega-clash from all groups of people on earth as to what to do. There is a very big chance of experimentation and war though as it is alien and we would like to know more about it. In the long run lack of ability to comunicate would be the major preventionist of anything good coming from it, I think

P.S. I will update with the name of the moon when I find it :wink:

> Exactly. Us humans have a tendency to feel superior to everything and everyone, no matter how untrue it is. We’ve enslaved (and still enslave) our own human race, I can’t imagine what we’d do to an alien one.
>
> But yes, the Covenant without being technologically advanced isn’t the Covenant. They’re groups of alien races put together with technological contributions from each race.

Like how Humanity had been wiped out by the Forerunners?

We couldn’t encounter the same tech level as ourselves as they’re stuck on their planet too.

If the Covenant came a knocking now, they galaxy would be devoid of life in a month.

> We couldn’t encounter the same tech level as ourselves as they’re stuck on their planet too.
>
> If the Covenant came a knocking now, they galaxy would be devoid of life in a month.

With the Halo rings?

It would be similar to the beginning of Halo3 except with much, much less hope. And the ending would be all 7 rings activating.

> He obviously meant what would we do if we encountered the separate alien species that make up the covenant. Don’t tear his thread apart over semantics -.-
>
> OT: I think it depends really. We’d probably enslave the grunts, exterminate the buggers, try to forge an alliance or treaty with the jackals and skirmishers, study the lekgolo, and eventually we’d war with the elites, unless they managed to somehow show the human race that we’re no match for them.
>
> And we’d manage to get our hands on any alien technology we could and backwards engineer it so that we could catch up.
>
> Think District 9 :slight_smile:

Exactly. I’m sorry the post wasnt exctly clear. I was uber tired when I posted it. lol

Anyways. So nobody is goig to give humanity the benefit of the doubt and say that peaseful relations would happen with most if not all the aliens? I mean I know that humans are very prideful and try to dominate all who are weaker, but they are also a very curious species. I mean also I think the world would be more at war with itself than the covenant. I mean the factors of whether or not to investigate further about them, Should a lot more funding go towards space travel at that point, or into military in case of an attack. Would our world unite or would we destroy ourselves over what to do with the aliens? Its a lot lol. This is a little more insiteful now that I’m fully awake lol.

> Anyways. So nobody is goig to give humanity the benefit of the doubt and say that peaseful relations would happen with most if not all the aliens?

Do you think Republicans would want peaceful co-habitation or want to replace the Prophets themselves?