Covenant Factions

So apparently the Covenant has splintered into factions after its disintegration, according to this article.

If you look down in the answer to the first question, Frank O’Connor clearly says it.

“They’ve lost their religion, they’ve lost a war, they’ve lost their leadership, and they’re doing what any nation in chaos would do…they’re splintering and falling into factions.”

This is a pretty interesting concept for Halo 4. The Covenant has been split up into multiple factions.

What does this mean? Well, a variety of things.

Though the Covenant is disbanded, it is still a huge threat to humanity. The faction that we’ll be fighting in Halo 4 just so happens to be one of those hostile factions.

Factions-There could be a large number of factions, or maybe a couple here and there. I just want to list some possibilities of factions that we may see in the future.

**Requiem Faction-**I’ll just nickname them that. This is the faction we’ll be fighting in Halo 4 that is present on Requiem. They’re hostile.

**Brutes-**I’m sure the Brutes must’ve founded their own faction. They can’t be paired with the Elites after what happened during the Great Schism, which is still occurring up until 2559, two years after Halo 4 takes place

**Servants of Abiding Truth-**These guys could possibly be part of the Requiem faction. They despise humanity as a whole, still believe the Forerunners are gods, and are composed of mostly Elites. These guys are the main cause of the civil war that’s going to occur on Sangheilios (I got that from the description of the Storm Rifle, stating that it was created during a heavily armed Sangheili conflict, and the end of Glasslands, of course).

**Arbiter’s Faction-**I believe that the Arbiter is going to be sided with humanity throughout this new conflict we’ll be dealing with in Halo 4. He has already agreed not to attack humanity anymore by making a deal with Lord Hood, and I don’t think the Arbiter would turn against us again. I think that he’ll stick with us all the way up until the end of Halo 6, but that’s just me.

Thanks for reading, guys.

agreed nice find with he article by the way :smiley:

> agreed nice find with he article by the way :smiley:

Thanks!

That article was on the Waypoint main page though XD

I hat

editing.

already knew they were a different faction. you can see there stuff is green ish. BUT just because they split doesn’t mean there hostile. HOWEVER the ones we encounter are. But it is because they are being led on by false intentions. basicly. the great builder wich is a god to them told them of everything and since they are happy to see there “god” they are doing what they can to help them.

the great builder wants to bring his halo ring (the one you see around requiem in the main menu) to requiem and fire it around the planet to break out the ancient evil. (requiem is a prison of sorts to hold the evil in) the promethethans are “guards” that are mearly killing anything that lands on the planet. and the big red orb is the didact wich is being slowly corrupted by the evil and we have to stop that. If the didact wanted us dead he couldve killed the chief right there when he scanned him.

thats a rough idea ive came up with from reading books terminals and gathering data from others.

Very interesting. I can;t wait to see what suprises are in the halo 4 campaign… The possibilities are endless!

> already knew they were a different faction. you can see there stuff is green ish. BUT just because they split doesn’t mean there hostile. HOWEVER the ones we encounter are. But it is because they are being led on by false intentions. basicly. the great builder wich is a god to them told them of everything and since they are happy to see there “god” they are doing what they can to help them.
>
> the great builder wants to bring his halo ring (the one you see around requiem in the main menu) to requiem and fire it around the planet to break out the ancient evil. (requiem is a prison of sorts to hold the evil in) the promethethans are “guards” that are mearly killing anything that lands on the planet. and the big red orb is the didact wich is being slowly corrupted by the evil and we have to stop that. If the didact wanted us dead he couldve killed the chief right there when he scanned him.
>
> thats a rough idea ive came up with from reading books terminals and gathering data from others.

This sounds interesting.

I’ll be suprised of the arbiter plays a role or makes an appearance. And I’ll -Yoink- bricks if Sgt. Johnson shows up! Johnson! You dead mother fuckah! you’d you get here?!

I don’t think we need that many factions. Really, I think the whole Covenant thing is messed up.

We already had two factions, the Separatists and Loyalists.

Separatists: Elites, majority of Grunts, majority of Hunters.

Loyalists: Prophets, Brutes, Jackals, Drones, some Grunts, some Hunters.

This focus on the Elites being the race seemingly fragmenting and leading all new factions and one being some new Covenant just seems…out of place to me. It’s even more confounded when we are told the Elites hunted down the Loyalists after the war, but now we have another faction attacking humans, maybe?

Oy vey!

Factions make sense, but it annoys me that entire races become their own faction. I want to fight brutes, elites, jackals, grunts, and HUNTERS!!!

> Factions make sense, but it annoys me that entire races become their own faction. I want to fight brutes, elites, jackals, grunts, and HUNTERS!!!

Sir, I’m gonna need you to calm down.lol

Sorry, but hunters need to be in this game and they need to be a legitimate threat. I want them to take a long time to kill and be a little less agressive with the random melees. Their melee should function like a Halo 3: ODST Brute Chieftain with accuracy and persistence. Not just “I’ll swing this way, oh you went that way so i’ll swing in a circle again…oh you ran away wait i got to fire my laser nao!”

Boardable Hunters please.

Golf claps Congrats my friend,Thanks for filling me in on info I had no clue about.

Aren’t the Servants of Abiding Truth also know as the Covenant loyalists.

And the Arbiters faction is the Heretics.

I think.

> Not just “I’ll swing this way, oh you went that way so i’ll swing in a circle again…oh you ran away wait i got to fire my laser nao!”

Lol I laughed at this when I read it, in a way that made my dog perk up and look up at me like I was crazy.

> <mark>Aren’t the Servants of Abiding Truth also know as the Covenant loyalists.</mark>
>
> And the Arbiters faction is the Heretics.
>
> I think.

Nope, they are an independent faction.

> We’ve seen the Crawlers, these fast-moving pack creatures…they’re pretty easy to kill on their own, but they do swarm and cause you significant difficulties. <mark>But it’s definitely worth it for the rare time where you get to assassinate one and ride it like a bucking bronco before you pop its head off</mark>.

First off, this right here is awesome.

Interesting how he says that by the end of the game, the Halo universe will have changed dramatically, and that we’ll lose something. To me, that doesn’t sound good for Cortana. Not that I think she’ll die, but she may end up forcibly separated from John- leading to her whole meltdown.

Over all, good article.

The Servants of Abiding Truth don’t seem to be primarily interested in fighting humanity.

They accepted weapons from ONI, that they might fight the Arbiter and destabilize Sangheilios. Their leader also invited a human translator (and ONI operative) into one of their temple-bases on Sangheilios. Glasslands unfortunately ends during the visit, with the translator and his Servant hosts coming under attack.The Elites under the Arbiter, therefore, have reason to turn against the UNSC. However, if the hostiles are indeed loyal to the Arbiter, I doubt the Arbiter is initially aware of the Dawn’s discovery and the Chief’s presence. It seems out of his character that he would seek to kill an individual ally who had obviously earned his respect and done nothing personally dishonorable. He clearly needs to maintain a popular image for himself, but there are ways of doing that without actually killing the Chief.

The way the Elites look plain evil and ugly enough to shoot without feeling bad, no way the Arbiter would be brought it in Halo 4.