Covenant-Based Side-game? (Idea)

Halo’s got some cool side stories out there, like ODST and Halo Wars, and personally I like the concepts of all. But this idea just popped into my head randomly, and I thought it’d could be really awesome:
You are the Arbiter.
A side-game in which you are the Elite on a quest for redemption, fighting through the time period from Halo 3 to the somewhat near-end of Halo 4.
Could have a firefight-like gamemode, except it’s a Flood outbreak you’re trying to endure.
I’d like to see what other people think about this, so leave your own thoughts and ideas below!

I would definitely pay for a game that featured Thel Vadam as the main character. Not a bad idea. However, for the firefight portion, it would make sense in canon for Vadam’s forces to be fighting The Servants of the Abiding Truth rather than Flood, seeing as the Gravemind was killed at the end of Halo 3.

A game that focused on the civil war on Sangelios would be very interesting, but most of The Arbiter’s story after Halo 3 has been covered in books and comics, so it’s not likely we’ll ever see this turn into an actual installment in the series.

I wouldn’t mind essentially taking the Arbiter’s Campaign from Halo 2 and making that into a full game. Perhaps we could see a return to some since discarded Covenant weapons, like the Plasma Rifle or Focus Rifle?

> I would definitely pay for a game that featured Thel Vadam as the main character. Not a bad idea. However, for the firefight portion, it would make sense in canon for Vadam’s forces to be fighting The Servants of the Abiding Truth rather than Flood, seeing as the Gravemind was killed at the end of Halo 3.
>
> A game that focused on the civil war on Sangelios would be very interesting, but most of The Arbiter’s story after Halo 3 has been covered in books and comics, so it’s not likely we’ll ever see this turn into an actual installment in the series.

I do know the Gravemind was defeated in Halo 3, but I thought the Flood returned in Spartan Assault. (I might be off on the time of SA, I didn’t pay much attention to that, though.)
As for it not turning into an installment, it would be better to play as Arbiter, not read about him, and add in more adventures of Vadam…or even play some chapters from Halo 3 from the Arbiter’s perspective.

I wouldn’t mind, plus for those who didn’t read the comics or books for whatever reason can catch up on whats going on in the universe. (well part of it)

I’d rather we make another prequel as a Sangheili Commando besieging an outer colony.

I think that Thel is better left to the main installments.

> I’d rather we make another prequel as a Sangheili Commando besieging an outer colony.
>
> I think that Thel is better left to the main installments.

I can see where you’re comin’ from…

I really do hope they make a covanent game because the UNSC are boring in comparison.

Why can’t we play as a hunter called Titan that goes about with his Partner and wrecks stuff up in a blaze of glory :smiley:

> I really do hope they make a covanent game because the UNSC are boring in comparison.
>
> Why can’t we play as a hunter called Titan that goes about with his Partner and wrecks stuff up in a blaze of glory :smiley:

Blazes of glory are always nice, especially when you’re a massive armored tank with an over-powered weapon.

> > I really do hope they make a covanent game because the UNSC are boring in comparison.
> >
> > Why can’t we play as a hunter called Titan that goes about with his Partner and wrecks stuff up in a blaze of glory :smiley:
>
> Blazes of glory are always nice, especially when you’re a massive armored tank with an over-powered weapon.

“Hail to the king, baby”

Maybe the ‘protagonist’ could be Ripa from Halo Wars. Shed some insight on his “troubled past”.

I’m all for a Covenant focused game. Past or present. Halo 2’s Arbiter missions were amongst my favorite (Sans ‘Quarantine Zone’ Ugh!)

It would be a more interesting take on Spartan Ops if you were to experience a Covenant mission every month instead. And when I say mission I mean an actual mission, not some AI slapped on a multiplayer map.

I’d like to see a Covie based campaign either during, after, or even both. Like maybe have the during the Covie-Human War be a few starting missions…then have it switch to after the war when Thel is fighting on Sangheilios. Or maybe have it take place during the early days of the war like on Harvest or another critical planet.

> I would definitely pay for a game that featured Thel Vadam as the main character. Not a bad idea. However, for the firefight portion, it would make sense in canon for Vadam’s forces to be fighting The Servants of the Abiding Truth rather than Flood, seeing as the Gravemind was killed at the end of Halo 3.
>
> A game that focused on the civil war on Sangelios would be very interesting, but most of The Arbiter’s story after Halo 3 has been covered in books and comics, so it’s not likely we’ll ever see this turn into an actual installment in the series.

It could be a different Arbiter… perhaps the one who quelled the grunt rebellion… this could give some better insight into what an Arbiter is? But a Thel’Vadam main game… Kilo-Five trilogy basically… otherwise it would have to be a prequel with Thel as a Supreme Commander.

There’s so many ways 343 could with this kinda game and I’m in absolute support of it. Too bad everyone wants H2A as side game instead, oh well maybe we could have something like this to go next to Halo 6, if H3A wont be made that is.

I’m steering off course though.

If the game has terminals or something of the sort it might be cool if they’re played in the art style that was used in the duel. Just a thought

I think the main bad guys should be something along the lines of Jul’s rogue group. If we have a group like that then perhaps we could have them use some scavenged UNSC weapons. But the game should be the opposite of core games where instead of UNSC gear taking up the majority of the sand box and be the focus of what weapons you use it should be Covie weapons instead.

If it’s based during Arbiter’s time then seeing every major surviving Sangheili character would be nice. Rtas, N’tho, Usze and seeing Lak in person would be nice.

Thank you all for the positive feedback!