Cove weapons need BUFF

It is impossible for one to play ‘Invvasion Slayer’ when covenant weapons are like 1/8th the damage of ANY human weapon.
Here are some examples:
-Sword can be blocked, shotgun can’t.
-AR damages health faster than the Repeater
-Magnum is a 5 shot weapon, Plasma pistol takes down shields.

• Focus rifle is a joke.
  • Neelde rifle has no range.
    etc.

I am really getting sick of getting put on the losing team in invasion slayer, which is almost always the covenant.

You have just as much chance as being a Spartan as anyone else does, it is completely random.

Halo 4 comes out in two months, the first and last Title Update for Halo: Reach was last year, and 343i said then that they had no plans to change anything other than what was changed, including weapons in the sandbox.

Its easy to win as Elites. Learn to play.

> - Focus rifle is a joke

Nope. Focus Rifle is a beast.

> You have just as much chance as being a Spartan as anyone else does, it is completely random.
>
> Halo 4 comes out in two months, the first and last Title Update for Halo: Reach was last year, and 343i said then that they had no plans to change anything other than what was changed, including weapons in the sandbox.

This…^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ The game is TWO YEARS OLD! H4 is 60 days away…

How does the needle rifle have no range!? It bests the DMR in everything except damage. It has more accuracy, higher fire rate, and a larger magazine.

I will say the repeater and and the rifle need a buff though. (Note: Talking about the plasma repeater and rifle. Not the assault rifle.)

Focus rifle is not something to underestimate. It tears spartans apart at a closer range.

Needle Pistol is a pretty decent weapon.

Concussion Rifle is decent at close range.

Plasma Launcher makes short work of tanks.

FRG is just as good as the Rocket Launcher.

Plasma grenades are better than frags in sheer damage.

Nope, the majority of the Covie weapons don’t need any buff.

i agree about the focus rifle, yeah it does a lot of damage close range…but it’s supposed to be like a covenant sniper soo…?

the needle rifle sucks unless its on a TU playlist. freeking bloom ruins that weapon at any sort of range.

To the two of you saying focus only does damage at close range: It does the same amount of damage at every range. Now, do most people have the steady aim necessary for it to do a lot of damage at long range? No…but that has nothing to do with the damage output of the weapon.

The Focus Rifle has the highest weapon-specific skill gap in Reach. If you have good aim, it is a straight up beast of a weapon. If you don’t have good aim, you aren’t going to do much damage at all…pretty much why most people who play Reach don’t even bother picking it up.

Needle riffle is even better than the DMR for consistent shots with bloom, the scope is 2x in needle riffle where the DMR is 3x, in some situation this helps a lot either way.

The needle riffle gives combine explosion that can kill/damage another player.

The fire rate is faster in the needle riffle.

The sword has a much bigger ‘auto-lock’ capture range, the shotgun feels like it has next to none. The shotgun can be dodged just by jumping upwards at the enemy shoots. You can’t get away from a sword lunge like that.

And anyway! the sword is a melee weapon, the shotgun is CQB!

The focus riffle is easier to hit a target with due to the length (Read: Duration) of the shot, with the human sniper you get one shot, thats it. The focus riffle can be held one and ‘waved’ over the target, so even if you are -Yoink- with a sniper you’ll still do some damage and earn an assist.

Plasma repeater and plasma riffles eat shields. This has been true since halo 1.

Playing any campaign on legendary will teach you how to use each weapon effectively. Each has a time and place to be used, and no one weapon is good by itself, this is why you carry 2.

@ mzivtins, sorry not to embarrass you but, you consistently spelled rifle wrong. Just saying.

I agree with Bito on the Focus Rifle. You know I just realized how well that weapon fits powerhouse.

Before I begin, may I suggest giving the Focus Rifle a chance? It is really usful when used the right way. Same for Needle Rifle.

The NR and Needler are both great weapons. With a needler you have just as much, if not more a chance to defeat a Spartan with a AR.

While the Repeter is’nt the best weapon in the sandbox, it still has a chance.

The NR has less bloom then the DMR it my knowledge. The NR can put up a good fight agaisnt a DMR. I’ve taken out lots of DMR uses with a NR. It is possible.

Overall, the repeter could have been a little better, but its there. NR can take on the DMR.

The Needle Rifle simply requires an additional shot to kill (assuming the last shot is a headshot), compared to the DMR. It’s faster RoF helps balance this.

The Focus Rifle is actually a beastly weapon if you can control it! It’s great for getting both assists and kills alike.

The Repeater isn’t too useful, besides draining people’s shields at close range.

The Plasma Pistol is INCREDIBLY powerful! Four rapid shots = no shields for the person you just shot with it!

I’d say Covvie weapons are fine!

The needle rifle in comparison to the DMR in a elite vs Spartan 1v1 should usually prevail in most scenarios because a DMR is a 6-shot kill on elites, and it already has a slower RoF than the NR. In addition to that elites have a faster base movement speed which makes for a deadlier strafe, and evade which helps for closing distance and evading grenades or vehicles.

HOWEVER

Phase 1 for elites can be at time very difficult due to the inadequacy of the plasma repeater. Both the AR and PR are 18 shot kills, but the difference is that immediately after firing the PR begins to slow down. In addition to that the elite’s larger body profile comes into play here being a more affordable target for automatic weapons.

Oh and of course the AR is hit scan while the Plasma repeater takes time to get there.

The one niche the PR DOES fill though is when the AR user is forced to reload or switch to secondary in which a PR can squeeze off a few more shots.