Covanant Speaking Human

Anyone really wishing that the enemies in Halo talked again… like in halo 3? After playing Halo 3 finally i actually thought it was great and wondered why they took it out. I loved hearing their talking while you were killing them.

“Speaking human”…

OT: I actually prefer the more alien feel but having them speak English is great for the funny lines.

Yes, I would love them to speak human, which would add back to the humor that Halo 4 was missing.

English? Humans have hundreds of languages… There is big difference in Halo 4s Covenant from the one in 3s. They are a group of religious zealots and are not too happy with humanity its only logical they would not want to speak our language.

> 2533274834690214;1:
> Anyone really wishing that the enemies in Halo talked again… like in halo 3? After playing Halo 3 finally i actually thought it was great and wondered why they took it out. I loved hearing their talking while you were killing them.

In CE-3 we were hearing Sangheili translated by our armor (all the Covenant races spoke Sangheili, as apparently all humans speak English in the 26th century). In Reach we didn’t know enough Sangheili to have translators. By Halo 4 many Sangheili could speak English. In Halo 5 we may hear aliens speaking “human”, but they may have “accents.”

I thought I’ve been speaking English my entire life… But I’ve actually been speaking Human?

What else has everyone not told me?!

I think it was dumb and annoying but it could get kind of funny. I was thinking maybe if they put it as an easter egg, like if you stand near a specific grunt it will tell you its life story. But besides that they should speak their own language, like why would we yell in sangheili if an elite shot us lol.

Halo (story-wise) takes itself way too seriously these days. It no longer has that awesome sense of humor that we all know and love. I love serious, epic stories, don’t get me wrong, but every serious story needs a sense of humor in it too, whether it’s subtle or just plain out there. Halo’s humor always came from its character dialogue, and with the enemies now speaking english and the human characters being more realistic, the campaign is not as fun as it once was. I’m not saying the campaign is bad nowadays, it’s still pretty damn awesome, but still, it was definitely a bit better when some of the dialogue was more comedic, I’m sure we all agree.

Since we’re on the topic of comedy, I want to point out how they kind of replaced Johnson’s (the cocky and over-the-top loudmouth) with Palmer (another cocky and over-the-top loudmouth). Both characters have the same kind of role in their respective games, the difference? Johnson had way more lines, did not repeat the same one-liner over and over again, and is actually pretty damn funny with the way he insults his enemies (which, from time to time, are often more powerful than he is). Palmer just repeats EGGHEAD, EGGHEAD, EGGHEAD, over and over again. Just shut up already woman! The joke doesn’t even have any cleverness to it. Those crappy 80s/90s cartoons like Captain Planet, Captain N, and the Super Mario Brothers Super Show even had superior humor to Palmer’s, and cmon, those shows were just AWFUL. What’s the joke, you’re insulting a smart person because of their head size? Ha…ha…ha…ha…ha…I’m being sarcastic because that isn’t very funny. That’s not even creative either, the term “EGGHEAD” is just as repeated as knock-knock jokes, and its equally unfunny as them. Kindergartners don’t find that funny, aliens don’t even find that funny. Say something else for christ sake. I hope she becomes the a-hole character that gets massacred in the end, just like what happens in the more cliche horror movies. It will almost make up for how annoying she is, if the death is brutally satisfying enough.

> 2533275027956921;8:
> Halo (story-wise) takes itself way too seriously these days. It no longer has that awesome sense of humor that we all know and love. I love serious, epic stories, don’t get me wrong, but every serious story needs a sense of humor in it too, whether it’s subtle or just plain out there. Halo’s humor always came from its character dialogue, and with the enemies now speaking english and the human characters being more realistic, the campaign is not as fun as it once was. I’m not saying the campaign is bad nowadays, it’s still pretty damn awesome, but still, it was definitely a bit better when some of the dialogue was more comedic, I’m sure we all agree.
>
> Since we’re on the topic of comedy, I want to point out how they kind of replaced Johnson’s (the cocky and over-the-top loudmouth) with Palmer (another cocky and over-the-top loudmouth). Both characters have the same kind of role in their respective games, the difference? Johnson had way more lines, did not repeat the same one-liner over and over again, and is actually pretty damn funny with the way he insults his enemies (which, from time to time, are often more powerful than he is). Palmer just repeats EGGHEAD, EGGHEAD, EGGHEAD, over and over again. Just shut up already woman! The joke doesn’t even have any cleverness to it. Those crappy 80s/90s cartoons like Captain Planet, Captain N, and the Super Mario Brothers Super Show even had superior humor to Palmer’s, and cmon, those shows were just AWFUL. What’s the joke, you’re insulting a smart person because of their head size? Ha…ha…ha…ha…ha…I’m being sarcastic because that isn’t very funny. That’s not even creative either, the term “EGGHEAD” is just as repeated as knock-knock jokes, and its equally unfunny as them. Kindergartners don’t find that funny, aliens don’t even find that funny. Say something else for christ sake. I hope she becomes the a-hole character that gets massacred in the end, just like what happens in the more cliche horror movies. It will almost make up for how annoying she is, if the death is brutally satisfying enough.

So we went from English-speaking Covenant to Palmer hatred?

I didn’t know that everyone knew how to speak English in halo by that time so i just said human.

> 2533274834690214;10:
> I didn’t know that everyone knew how to speak English in halo by that time so i just said human.

Well the Elites speak “Sangheili,” so maybe it’s safe to say that we speak “human,” at least in the aliens’ eyes.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

> 2533274876456769;9:
> > 2533275027956921;8:
> > Halo (story-wise) takes itself way too seriously these days. It no longer has that awesome sense of humor that we all know and love. I love serious, epic stories, don’t get me wrong, but every serious story needs a sense of humor in it too, whether it’s subtle or just plain out there. Halo’s humor always came from its character dialogue, and with the enemies now speaking english and the human characters being more realistic, the campaign is not as fun as it once was. I’m not saying the campaign is bad nowadays, it’s still pretty damn awesome, but still, it was definitely a bit better when some of the dialogue was more comedic, I’m sure we all agree.
> >
> > Since we’re on the topic of comedy, I want to point out how they kind of replaced Johnson’s (the cocky and over-the-top loudmouth) with Palmer (another cocky and over-the-top loudmouth). Both characters have the same kind of role in their respective games, the difference? Johnson had way more lines, did not repeat the same one-liner over and over again, and is actually pretty damn funny with the way he insults his enemies (which, from time to time, are often more powerful than he is). Palmer just repeats EGGHEAD, EGGHEAD, EGGHEAD, over and over again. Just shut up already woman! The joke doesn’t even have any cleverness to it. Those crappy 80s/90s cartoons like Captain Planet, Captain N, and the Super Mario Brothers Super Show even had superior humor to Palmer’s, and cmon, those shows were just AWFUL. What’s the joke, you’re insulting a smart person because of their head size? Ha…ha…ha…ha…ha…I’m being sarcastic because that isn’t very funny. That’s not even creative either, the term “EGGHEAD” is just as repeated as knock-knock jokes, and its equally unfunny as them. Kindergartners don’t find that funny, aliens don’t even find that funny. Say something else for christ sake. I hope she becomes the a-hole character that gets massacred in the end, just like what happens in the more cliche horror movies. It will almost make up for how annoying she is, if the death is brutally satisfying enough.
>
>
> So we went from English-speaking Covenant to Palmer hatred?

I like english-speaking Covenant because it really adds a greater sense of humor to the series, which made me feel like I should mention how bad Palmer is (and her repetitive, awful “humor”), because 343i needs to get it etched into their head that she is awful.

I took this thread title literally, as in “covenant-speaking human” ie, a human that speaks one of the covenant’s languages. I think that’d be pretty cool. Maybe Halsey will learn the language of the Elites.

> 2533274808666777;13:
> I took this thread title literally, as in “covenant-speaking human” ie, a human that speaks one of the covenant’s languages. I think that’d be pretty cool. Maybe Halsey will learn the language of the Elites.

Evan Phillips is a human who learned to speak Sangheili.

I actually like them speaking in their own “language”. I also enjoy the little grunt squeals and jibber jabber in Halo 4.

That said, I think the IWBYD skull should activate some humorous dialog.

And I’m saying “Human” too, because they release these games with voice overs for several human languages.

> 2533274798957786;5:
> > 2533274834690214;1:
> > Anyone really wishing that the enemies in Halo talked again… like in halo 3? After playing Halo 3 finally i actually thought it was great and wondered why they took it out. I loved hearing their talking while you were killing them.
>
>
> In CE-3 we were hearing Sangheili translated by our armor (all the Covenant races spoke Sangheili, as apparently all humans speak English in the 26th century). In Reach we didn’t know enough Sangheili to have translators. By Halo 4 many Sangheili could speak English. In Halo 5 we may hear aliens speaking “human”, but they may have “accents.”

Lol, it’d be hilarious to see a Grunt with a stereotypical French accent, accompanied by an Elite with a stereotypical Jamaican accent.

> 2533275027956921;16:
> > 2533274798957786;5:
> > > 2533274834690214;1:
> > > Anyone really wishing that the enemies in Halo talked again… like in halo 3? After playing Halo 3 finally i actually thought it was great and wondered why they took it out. I loved hearing their talking while you were killing them.
> >
> >
> >
> > In CE-3 we were hearing Sangheili translated by our armor (all the Covenant races spoke Sangheili, as apparently all humans speak English in the 26th century). In Reach we didn’t know enough Sangheili to have translators. By Halo 4 many Sangheili could speak English. In Halo 5 we may hear aliens speaking “human”, but they may have “accents.”
>
>
> Lol, it’d be hilarious to see a Grunt with a stereotypical French accent, accompanied by an Elite with a stereotypical Jamaican accent.

Become a writer for 343. Make this happen.

I did enjoy being able to understand the covenant speaking. To me it doesn’t make sense why we couldn’t understand them. Although they probably were speaking a different dialect, the UNSC probably has very accurate information on many of the different covenant dialects.

> 2533274834690214;1:
> Anyone really wishing that the enemies in Halo talked again… like in halo 3? After playing Halo 3 finally i actually thought it was great and wondered why they took it out. I loved hearing their talking while you were killing them.

No! That almost ruined some halos for me, I want it to be cool not funny.

Totally agree. Bring back English-speaking Covenant.