'Courteous' Kills & Assassinations

I think it has always gone without saying that in any Halo game, there has been two ends of the spectrum in terms of sportsman-like conduct – or whatever you would like to call it – when playing in a multiplayer match: one being the infuriating jerk who team kills for the sniper, t-bagging and slurring with a passion at all of the ‘noobs’ online with him/her, and two being the considerate team player that stops for anyone to ride shotgun in the Warthog, never kills someone attempting an assassination, and pauses every time they team kill in apology and remorse.

I wanted to bring this up for a few reasons, namely because with the chaos of warzone, “stolen kills” seem to be trending on a few forums. We all know what its like to be in the middle of a sick assassination, knife in hand, only to be showstopped by some nearby greedy teammate attempting to mooch off your hard work. With that in mind, I wanted to here what, if anything, the community thinks can be done to curb this behavior – it may be a bit nit-picky, but that doesn’t make it any less important or frustrating. Personally, I’ve always tried to stop and watch the assassination, because you never know what kind of cool animation the play may have gotten. Especially in warzone, where if we’re being honest, one point is not likely going to make or break a game of a thousand points. Thoughts?

I don’t believe there is anything you can do about bad or good behavior. People are people who they are brought to be or are still immature. People still kill, steal or -Yoink!-, just as others open doors for ladies, care for someones lost dog or wait for the owner of the nornfang you just found. We are what we are.

I don’t think stealing kills is intentional most of the time, if I’m on red team, I only have to see a glimmer of blue and I start blasting away. If the assassination is in progress and I come running round the corner and see that glimmer then I automatically will shoot. As soon as I realise it is an assassination in progress I do stop and so far I’ve never shot enough to steal the kill.
but you can see my point, the problem isn’t with the players it’s the fact that 343 have made it so the point counts at the end of the assassination, not at the start of it. If the point was immediate then problem solved

Sometimes, especially at a distance, it can be difficult to tell who is being assassinated.

Why not just make it so that wen you initiate an assassination your enemy becomes unkillable to your teammates???

because there are legit situations where a teammate may take that kill to save your life because you ran the risk of running an assassination animation rather than turning it off for a quicker kill. You want to be flashy? It comes with risks.

Tea bagging is going no where. I only do this when it’s done to me, so I will literally chase down the turd that did it and tbag him til kingdom come. Happens every time my team leaves and it’s 4v1. They all tbag me, so I will literally tbag him til his team finds me and kills me while I am still potato sacking this fool. It’s all about principle. I have done a kill steal but I swear I didn’t even mean to. If I see a red and im blue I fire away, but if he still has plenty of health I will back off. They earn that kill.

> 2533274810191683;6:
> because there are legit situations where a teammate may take that kill to save your life because you ran the risk of running an assassination animation rather than turning it off for a quicker kill. You want to be flashy? It comes with risks.

This. This a thousand times.

I always just -Yoink!- the enemy while he’s being assassinated by my teammate, turn that humiliation up a notch.

People seem to say a lot on the forums that they steal your assassination so that your contributing to the team instead of wasting time, some nonsense like that. So, every time my assassination is stolen I just stand there and do nothing for 2-4 seconds just to show that stealing for that reason will get them nothing. Video games are for fun and assassinations are fun, so I don’t want any of that overly serious crap.

> 2533274891841289;9:
> I always just -Yoink!- the enemy while he’s being assassinated by my teammate, turn that humiliation up a notch.
>
> People seem to say a lot on the forums that they steal your assassination so that your contributing to the team instead of wasting time, some nonsense like that. So, every time my assassination is stolen I just stand there and do nothing for 2-4 seconds just to show that stealing for that reason will get them nothing. Video games are for fun and assassinations are fun, so I don’t want any of that overly serious crap.

This is true, I turned the animation off because I have lost the chance to kill someone because of it.