Couple minor gripes

I feel like the animation frames are a little too low for the enemies. It sort of feels like the was developed first and foremost as a multiplayer game, which makes a bit of sense since that was the biggest point of criticism for Halo 4 and why the player base had such a steep drop off.

So it feels like perhaps the enemies were designed to function well in Warzone. Less animation frames are dedicated to them so more can be going on in the game and yada yada, but I don’ think that works as well in campaign, it’s distracting.

It’s not a huge problem, but it’s something I felt like sharing.

Also, Legendary in the game is REAL tough. My impression is this is the hardest since Halo 2. I swear, some of the armigers were taking me out in like two shots with the light rifle. It might seem a bit counter intuitive to complain about the hardest difficulty being too hard but there should be balance. Enemies hit so hard and are so accurate that it’s hard to experiment with the environment and try and flank effectively. You get penned down and it feels like you have to sit and pick off every guy before making any advances.

Maybe my friends were too tired and maybe I’ll change my mind tomorrow but it feels like Heroic might be a more reasonably enjoyable experience.

Good. I freaking hated every game on Legendary besides Halo 2.

It seems to me like the enemy actors are running at like a 50% lower framerate. It’s pretty damn annoying. They’ve made way too many sacrifices for this bullheaded insistence on 60fps at all times. They cut splitscreen, there’s bad pop-in everywhere, and enemies are running at half speed. I agree that Legendary difficulty isn’t very fun. It’s just frustrating.

It’s the lack of hardware power in the XOne. I feel more time went to optimizing than executing ideas. Halo 5’s biggest problem is the platform it’s in.

> 2613026033814511;2:
> Good. I freaking hated every game on Legendary besides Halo 2.

This.
This is such good news.
I have been waiting for a legendary that’s legendary.
So when you actually clear it and get some kind of reward it’s actually really rare. :slight_smile:

> 2533274824002906;3:
> It seems to me like the enemy actors are running at like a 50% lower framerate. It’s pretty damn annoying. They’ve made way too many sacrifices for this bullheaded insistence on 60fps at all times. They cut splitscreen, there’s bad pop-in everywhere, and enemies are running at half speed. I agree that Legendary difficulty isn’t very fun. It’s just frustrating.

Considering Halo 4 ran at 60 fps on Xbox One I don’t see why any of the sacrifices made here were necessary in order to meet their goals.

Sure, Halo 4 didn’t run as consistently at 60 fps, but considering it was ported by a smaller developer under hefty time constraints I just don’t see why 343 couldn’t just take the core Halo 4 engine and just make less drastic tweaks to it.

Legendary has been difficult in all of the Halo games
Do you even remember Reach’s legendary mode

> 2533274822744159;7:
> Legendary has been difficult in all of the Halo games
> Do you even remember Reach’s legendary mode

Yeah, it was pretty easy compared to this. Why use that as an example?

I agree. The enemy animations are terrible. The bottom line is that Halo 5 enemies look worse than the Halo 4 enemies. Very disappointed.