Country Flag Skins

What ever happened to these coming out?

They decided not to release them… it’s any ones guess as to why, they never really gave an official answer. It seems they got scared of the over PC crowd now a days.

> 2533274816788253;2:
> They decided not to release them… it’s any ones guess as to why, they never really gave an official answer. It seems they got scared of the over PC crowd now a days.

Here’s a link to ske7ch’s post regarding the skins if you need a refresher.

> 2535429593088083;3:
> > 2533274816788253;2:
> > They decided not to release them… it’s any ones guess as to why, they never really gave an official answer. It seems they got scared of the over PC crowd now a days.
>
> Here’s a link to ske7ch’s post regarding the skins if you need a refresher.

Thx

> 2535429593088083;3:
> > 2533274816788253;2:
> > They decided not to release them… it’s any ones guess as to why, they never really gave an official answer. It seems they got scared of the over PC crowd now a days.
>
> Here’s a link to ske7ch’s post regarding the skins if you need a refresher.

I don’t need a refresher, I said what he said just not PC :slightly_smiling_face: . His reason “because of the current climate” isn’t really an answer. Was it the shooting? Is it the notion you can’t be proud of where you come from because it can be deemed racist? or xenophobic? Where they worried that others from countries who didn’t get a flag would be upset? Their official answer is pretty vague.

Now here is a topic back from the dead, lol. I’m still hoping they get released some day.

> 2727626560040591;6:
> I’m still hoping they get released some day.

Me too.

> 2727626560040591;6:
> Now here is a topic back from the dead, lol. I’m still hoping they get released some day.

Same here. It would be interesting seeing all the different flags in game

> 2533274816788253;5:
> > 2535429593088083;3:
> > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > They decided not to release them… it’s any ones guess as to why, they never really gave an official answer. It seems they got scared of the over PC crowd now a days.
> >
> > Here’s a link to ske7ch’s post regarding the skins if you need a refresher.
>
> I don’t need a refresher, I said what he said just not PC :slightly_smiling_face: . His reason “because of the current climate” isn’t really an answer. Was it the shooting? Is it the notion you can’t be proud of where you come from because it can be deemed racist? or xenophobic? Where they worried that others from countries who didn’t get a flag would be upset? Their official answer is pretty vague.

Flag skins can be awesome, but they can also introduce opportunities for trolls and just hateful people. Halo 5 has already had some controversies with some of the highly racist and hateful game modes people have made in Forge. I’m not saying that it’s the game’s fault, but it’s just the reality of our world. Having flag skins could just further the segregation and racism that truly lives within the lobbies of the games we play. Whether people want to admit it or not, the people are out there.

> 2535448062173159;9:
> > 2533274816788253;5:
> > > 2535429593088083;3:
> > > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > > They decided not to release them… it’s any ones guess as to why, they never really gave an official answer. It seems they got scared of the over PC crowd now a days.
> > >
> > > Here’s a link to ske7ch’s post regarding the skins if you need a refresher.
> >
> > I don’t need a refresher, I said what he said just not PC :slightly_smiling_face: . His reason “because of the current climate” isn’t really an answer. Was it the shooting? Is it the notion you can’t be proud of where you come from because it can be deemed racist? or xenophobic? Where they worried that others from countries who didn’t get a flag would be upset? Their official answer is pretty vague.
>
> Flag skins can be awesome, but they can also introduce opportunities for trolls and just hateful people. Halo 5 has already had some controversies with some of the highly racist and hateful game modes people have made in Forge. I’m not saying that it’s the game’s fault, but it’s just the reality of our world. Having flag skins could just further the segregation and racism that truly lives within the lobbies of the games we play. Whether people want to admit it or not, the people are out there.

Having flag skins on a gun in a video game has nothing to do with racism or segregation, people just try to misconstrue it into something that it isn’t. There’s no doubt that there are terrible people in the world, but this is literally a video game about killing aliens

At least we have old Abe skin

I totally forgot about these skins, makes me sad that they never released them, I really did wish they finally released them, I haven’t heard about this since Ske7ch made that topic about the skins

> 2535428779736382;12:
> I totally forgot about these skins, makes me sad that they never released them, I really did wish they finally released them, I haven’t heard about this since Ske7ch made that topic about the skins

I was pretty hyped about them too and then poof nothing.

> 2533274851545728;13:
> > 2535428779736382;12:
> > I totally forgot about these skins, makes me sad that they never released them, I really did wish they finally released them, I haven’t heard about this since Ske7ch made that topic about the skins
>
> I was pretty hyped about them too and then poof nothing.

Same here. Those flag skins were the only good addition/fix to the game that they made after fall 2017 (save for the new Magnum skins) and they decided to not do so because, I’m assuming, a small group of loud voices simply whined enough about national pride somehow coming off as offensive. I really hope to see them one day in H5 or Infinite.

> 2533274851545728;1:
> What ever happened to these coming out?

The day that the country flag skins were to come out was sometime in February at the first MLG tournament in Orlando which I attended. Then the shooting happened in Orlando and they thankfully didn’t cancel the event. They did however cancel the weapons skins because it would be insensitive and no, they aren’t coming back to Halo 5.

> 2533275001522797;15:
> > 2533274851545728;1:
> > What ever happened to these coming out?
>
> The day that the country flag skins were to come out was sometime in February at the first MLG tournament in Orlando which I attended. Then the shooting happened in Orlando and they thankfully didn’t cancel the event. They did however cancel the weapons skins because it would be insensitive and no, they aren’t coming back to Halo 5.

Am I OOTL or something? How in the world are country skins in a video game deemed insensitive? I’m genuinely curious.

> 2535449970309256;16:
> Am I OOTL or something? How in the world are country skins in a video game deemed insensitive? I’m genuinely curious.

It was never specified what the actual reason was for them being insensitive so it’s very likely we’ll never know. If I went with the mentioned theory, it’s probably because they thought it was promoting guns maybe? I don’t really know. The other theory is that it’s because of Trump which would make more sense to me given how the current climate is with all that.

Honestly, if having weapon skins with an individual flag on it is too divisive, they could have just released a single weapon skin with all 5 or so flags on it to represent the countries in which the HCS was taking place. Just make the skin a collage of those flags and I’d bet people would enjoy it because it would look different from anything else we currently have.

As it is all of the LatAm gamers seem to be super patriotic. Most have MX in their name or have service tags as MEXI or MXCO. I see a lot of Colombian spartan companies as well, so it isn’t like we can’t figure out who’s who.

I also noticed that LatAm players are more likely to bag in a specific way: fast bag for 2 or 3 counts and then a melee to finish it off.

> 2533274843634673;18:
> Honestly, if having weapon skins with an individual flag on it is too divisive, they could have just released a single weapon skin with all 5 or so flags on it to represent the countries in which the HCS was taking place. Just make the skin a collage of those flags and I’d bet people would enjoy it because it would look different from anything else we currently have.

I like that idea because it promotes a motif of unity.