Countering The Spartan Charge

I know the counter, if you get hit from the front, is to melee a split second after impact and then headshot.

But can someone post a video of the timing please. Ive been missing it lately. Im sure it will help a lot of people out.

Pro tip: You can’t

(At least it is fairly difficult to do considering it hits beyond its range, has auto lock on, can be done into the air, and is extremely generous with hit detection)

> 2533274826203061;2:
> Pro tip: You can’t
>
> (At least it is fairly difficult to do considering it hits beyond its range, has auto lock on, can be done into the air, and is extremely generous with hit detection)

It needs to be nerfed tbh.

> 2533274793108235;3:
> > 2533274826203061;2:
> > Pro tip: You can’t
> >
> > (At least it is fairly difficult to do considering it hits beyond its range, has auto lock on, can be done into the air, and is extremely generous with hit detection)
>
>
> It needs to be nerfed tbh.

Disagree - it’s fine the way it is.

> 2533274793108235;3:
> > 2533274826203061;2:
> > Pro tip: You can’t
> >
> > (At least it is fairly difficult to do considering it hits beyond its range, has auto lock on, can be done into the air, and is extremely generous with hit detection)
>
>
> It needs to be nerfed tbh.

It does not need to be nerfed into oblivion, but it needs tweaking to make it not the free pass it currently is.

> 2533274826203061;2:
> Pro tip: You can’t
>
> (At least it is fairly difficult to do considering it hits beyond its range, has auto lock on, can be done into the air, and is extremely generous with hit detection)

Uhmm you totally can. I have done it a lot. Just gotta time it right.

> 2706851026035940;4:
> > 2533274793108235;3:
> > > 2533274826203061;2:
> > > Pro tip: You can’t
> > >
> > > (At least it is fairly difficult to do considering it hits beyond its range, has auto lock on, can be done into the air, and is extremely generous with hit detection)
> >
> >
> > It needs to be nerfed tbh.
>
>
> Disagree - it’s fine the way it is.

No, it isnt. It shouldn’t be a one hit kill. It should be limtied to “x” per game or there’s should be a 3 minute recharge time. Too many people abuse it.

> 2533274826203061;5:
> > 2533274793108235;3:
> > > 2533274826203061;2:
> > > Pro tip: You can’t
> > >
> > > (At least it is fairly difficult to do considering it hits beyond its range, has auto lock on, can be done into the air, and is extremely generous with hit detection)
> >
> >
> > It needs to be nerfed tbh.
>
>
> It does not need to be nerfed into oblivion, but it needs tweaking to make it not the free pass it currently is.

Worded exactly how I feel. It’s currently too low risk of a mechanic, PARTICULARLY in FFA.

Id really love if someone could post a vid of the timing :slight_smile:

Is it possible to thruster evade it?

We need some sort of early warning detection.

I know the idea behind the smaller radar is to discourage camping (amen to that)… but we need something.

Maybe the radar could flash red if someone is sprinting just outside it’s range?

With how small the radar is and how fast and far people lunge while sprinting and using the Spartan charge, I’m surprised so many people defend it. It needs a range reduction or a cool down time or something.

Counter: Learn to use it yourself.

I don’t think someone should complain about something that everyone has because that would just mean that they haven’t learned how to use it themselves.

Remove SC auto aim.
Bam. Balanced.

It’s all the campers can do to get a double kill. They wait till two other noobs start AR-ing then they charge one player and finish off the other. Then they go back to camping because there’s only 3 other players on the map. (In FFA)

> 2533274861780280;13:
> Counter: Learn to use it yourself.
>
> I don’t think someone should complain about something that everyone has because that would just mean that they haven’t learned how to use it themselves.

That’s stupid.
its overpowered, the fact that everyone can use it does not change that.

I’ve done this counter many times. After the charge they are stuck finishing the animation, which gives you a free shot or two, assuming you pull off the counter melee first. Problem is that the charge can be disorientating, making a split second head shot very difficult. Also, your shields are down and you will probably die immediately after anyway.

Here’s a tip: If you see them before they charge you, just shoot them with an automatic weapon before they charge and I am 99% sure you will get the kill. It works for me all the time.

the spartan charge is to fast even if you slide to the side you just gotta try slide backwards

I think I can count on just two hands the amount of times someone hit me with a spartan charge, and on one hand actually dying by one outside of swat and breakout. I always have my headphones on and I can hear someone charging up behind me a mile a way. Radar is useless in this game against that, so I adapted and I can out maneuver most spartan chargers just fine. Also the OP is right if you melee them just right you can pop them in the head as well. However I never allow people directly to spartan charge at me it is an easy 5-shot pistol kill lol.