Countering the Hellbringer rush

What works to counter the current HB rush?

I haven’t played too much this season to really figure it out, but the Kinsano HB push seems to be tops.
I’ve tried snipers and jackrabbits, but neither did the job. Snipes do, but it sets you behind in tech.

Any other ideas?
What can banished do to keep up?

Jump Brute/Suicide combo?

I might have to test that out to see how effective it is

> 2533274927740213;2:
> Jump Brute/Suicide combo?
>
> I might have to test that out to see how effective it is

I don’t find Jump Brutes efficient for such a menial task, upgraded goliaths and Grunt Riders can effectively destroyed a mixed marine and Hellbringer rush. If they build Hellbringers only, i would recommend building choppers for their low power cost to avoid tecing up from a deadly rush. If you leader you choose has suicide grunts though, I would also suggest them and Choppers. Suicide are for quickly killing bulk infantry, mainly Marines that could grenade any of your slow build exspensive Choppers.

> 2533274927740213;2:
> Jump Brute/Suicide combo?
>
> I might have to test that out to see how effective it is

I have wiped HB balls using grunts and brutes BUT using atriox’s countermeasures. Without it I don’t know what could work best.

I’ve heard some top players claiming it is unstoppable.

I’ve faced this several times. How early of a rush are we speaking about ? What time is the first engagement ? I usually have Jerome, within mantis, around 10-12 marines with grenade which is huge (maybe more ) and a few snipers . My leader powers are vision and time for heros . Im rdy to attack by 4min roughly . I can micro my marines , use their grenade and let Jerome and the snipers go to work on the hellbringers from the back .

> 2743710844422030;5:
> I’ve faced this several times. How early of a rush are we speaking about ? What time is the first engagement ? I usually have Jerome, within mantis, around 10-12 marines with grenade which is huge (maybe more ) and a few snipers . My leader powers are vision and time for heros . Im rdy to attack by 4min roughly . I can micro my marines , use their grenade and let Jerome and the snipers go to work on the hellbringers from the back .

Can vary.
Youve tested this out?
I feel like getting snipes and hero that early would set your tech way behind.

Ive had success with snipers, but they’ll just fast tech, and then I’ve got warthogs hitting my base with only snipers to defend

> 2533274796391115;6:
> > 2743710844422030;5:
> > I’ve faced this several times. How early of a rush are we speaking about ? What time is the first engagement ? I usually have Jerome, within mantis, around 10-12 marines with grenade which is huge (maybe more ) and a few snipers . My leader powers are vision and time for heros . Im rdy to attack by 4min roughly . I can micro my marines , use their grenade and let Jerome and the snipers go to work on the hellbringers from the back .
>
> Can vary.
> Youve tested this out?
> I feel like getting snipes and hero that early would set your tech way behind.
>
> Ive had success with snipers, but they’ll just fast tech, and then I’ve got warthogs hitting my base with only snipers to defend

Well my style of play is more like starcraft. I expand within the first 1-2 min depending on the map. Main has supply , supply (upgrade first supply) , supply, expansion, generator at main, minibase (if possible) and supply on last pad at main. My minibase usually just beats the expo I drop another generator. Then at my expo I get armory , barracks, supply. Grenade and mantis are a must. This is my opening build every game . I rush within 4-5mins and usually 80/80 and I have the gas/energy to build snipers but yes it does slow your tech slightly . Again it depends on how fast they rush in. If I’m the aggressor (which I usually am) then I won’t make any snipers and upgrade generators and start to tech to airports. If he pushes me hard I’ll drop the supply at my second , double barracks and pump 3 marines (main, expo, mini) and 2 snipers . I archive my streams on twitch so I can watch my timings and builds. Check them out if you would like. Newyorklegend is my twitch name. I’ll test it tonight with a friend or add me to your friends list we can test it out together .

Honestly you just have to overwhelm them. Not to defeat them entirely but just so that when they do get to your base the turrets mop them up. I cannot stress enough that as Banished, you absolutely need to get a shield generator up as soon as possible, as well as upgrading your turrets. It took me a while to realize that you can stack counter weapons onto your turrets without replacing them, so use that to your advantage. Locking down your base is also really helpful because if your units come out one by one, they won’t stand a chance, but if you open it up and 1 chopper with 6 grunts come out that you trained, they will actually do some good. Pressing the right thumbstick to indicate that you need help is too often neglected, just spam it so your teammates know how dire your situation is.

The current number 1 Champ goes triple barracks. That’s ridiculous. I don’t know what would stop that.

5 mega turrets on main base. Problem solved :slight_smile:

Well as we saw earlier, mines and infantry do a decent job. Otherwise fight fire with fire?

Just faced a good Flamer spam for the first time in two seasons. Wow, triple Barracks is near unstoppable. I tried going brutes grunts and suis, I was doing alright, kept taking down both of his middle minibases but even if I built there he kept destroying them or rebuilding.

I tried going at his base but he already had a few turrets and around 6 Flamehogs waiting to be upgraded, once he upgraded them and dropped inferno on me it was gg.

Didn’t the patch note say you should counter flamers with scouts?

A quick tech 2 with hero+shrouds and choppers can usually hold them off.

Always Build 2 watch towers on your base. Gives you about 20 seconds extra warning time. Enough time to get the shield generator up that you placed at the back of your base. But you only want to build that generator if you are sure you are getting rushed. Otherwise it’s a big waste of money. That’s why the 2 watch towers are needed.

You really don’t need much to stop a rush. Just need to be clever with your unit positioning around your base so that they can survive larger armies. Also, for all practical purposes, an early shroud makes your units invincible since they almost never have a detector.

If UNSC, always hide snipers behind your structures so they don’t die. They will always beat flamers as long as you don’t face them out in the open.

> 2641843709990435;14:
> A quick tech 2 with hero+shrouds and choppers can usually hold them off.
>
> Always Build 2 watch towers on your base. Gives you about 20 seconds extra warning time. Enough time to get the shield generator up that you placed at the back of your base. But you only want to build that generator if you are sure you are getting rushed. Otherwise it’s a big waste of money. That’s why the 2 watch towers are needed.
>
> You really don’t need much to stop a rush. Just need to be clever with your unit positioning around your base so that they can survive larger armies. Also, for all practical purposes, an early shroud makes your units invincible since they almost never have a detector.
>
> If UNSC, always hide snipers behind your structures so they don’t die. They will always beat flamers as long as you don’t face them out in the open.

hmmmmmm 2 watchtowers is pushing it.

> 2533274807340992;13:
> Didn’t the patch note say you should counter flamers with scouts?

“should”… mass choppers beats mass flamers but if I see you starting to make choppers I’m going nade marines and just going for map control. This puts the scout player at a huge disadvantage because they scale worse into the mid game than flamers and marines do. Scouts just aren’t effective “enough” at countering it.

HUNTERS BRAND THE -Yoink- OUT OF EVERYTHING THAT LIVES AND BREATHES!!! or legit any offensive AOE ability… i just love hunters brand

> 2533274814149096;17:
> HUNTERS BRAND THE -Yoink- OUT OF EVERYTHING THAT LIVES AND BREATHES!!! or legit any offensive AOE ability… i just love hunters brand

I love everything about colony besides his lack of teleport but if your waiting for your third leader point before doing anything about a hellbringer rush then the game is already over.

Consensus seems like you’ve got to mirror HBs/Cryos, or just out micro with suicides, methane wagons, enforcers, or whatever works.

As UNSC, it’s a bummer that you just have to counter something with the same type of unit.

Also, learned that snipers are slower than HBs.

> 2533274796391115;19:
> Consensus seems like you’ve got to mirror HBs/Cryos, or just out micro with suicides, methane wagons, enforcers, or whatever works.
>
> As UNSC, it’s a bummer that you just have to counter something with the same type of unit.
>
> Also, learned that snipers are slower than HBs.

Have you tried countering with Voiridus? I imagine his grenadiers would probably challenge them although cost for cost I’m not sure how effiecient they would be. I know will win the trade once he has rain of fire but that’s if you can delay that long. Someone tried to rush me with when I just happened to be trying out the mega turret. Pavium kept them balled up long enough that the mega turret wrecked them though the likely hood of this working against champ 10 players and below is quite unlikely.