Countdown to Update

Think that 343 is going to make good on their promise of an update in the next 12 minutes?

I hope this next update fixes the servers finally. I was super hyped to play Halo 2 online again, and all my excitement is gone because of how long it takes to find a match, IF I can even find one. Today, I have had no luck in finding a match

> 2533274806689453;1:
> Think that 343 is going to make good on their promise of an update in the next 12 minutes?

What update are you talking about in 12 minutes?

What update???

theres an incoming update?

> 2533274796324000;4:
> What update???

They said a more detailed update coming later this morning… only 5 min left for morning time Pacific.

They have till the weekend at least Saturday.

> 2795984768669983;6:
> > 2533274796324000;4:
> > What update???
>
>
> They said a more detailed update coming later this morning… only 5 min left for morning time Pacific.

I don’t follow.

> 2795984768669983;6:
> > 2533274796324000;4:
> > What update???
>
>
> They said a more detailed update coming later this morning… only 5 min left for morning time Pacific.

lol, it’s been a pretty rough Alpha thus far and quite expensive… I don’t remember ever paying 60 dollars for an Alpha, but… I guess you live long enough you’ll see it all.

I’m so glad that they keep giving us updates about updates about updates with no sign of updates. It’s a good job i bought this game for the menus, they look so good :smiley:

Dude,
Morning is a loose word.
Don’t expect them to give you an update before 12:01PM PST.

> 2533274794236066;11:
> Dude,
> Morning is a loose word.
> Don’t expect them to give you an update before 12:01PM PST.

No I don’t truly expect anything from them anymore. They haven’t come through on anything they have said. Launches tend to have problems but this is just FAIL. But all those problems aside, they lied when they came on stage at e3, and I quote, “play halo 2 exactly they way it shipped 10 years ago.” Well you can’t pick specific h2 playlists and on top of that control settings are jacked up. And no morning is not a loose word, Morning means before afternoon. They could’ve simply have said later today. Point being don’t say stuff if you can’t back it up.

GG 343. You broke HALO 1-4 somehow… Somehow you managed that… Jesus.

And now your adding ADS I mean… “SmartScope” and exosuits cough, cough I mean thruster packs into HALO 5… I mean… Yeah, can’t wait to play more of your “vision” of HALO. GG.

Of course they are. They’ll fix it, and we will all be happy.

None of the updates have ever said anything of worth, at all, and nothing has improved at all with the game.

There’s literally a hundred bugs, and not a single one has been fixed.

> 2533274794236066;11:
> Dude,
> Morning is a loose word.
> Don’t expect them to give you an update before 12:01PM PST.

Morning is NOT a loose word. It’s the time before Noon. We call the time after Noon the afternoon.

The problem isn’t that they don’t have a full fledged update when promised (I mean… it IS the problem). The problem is that when you’ve screwed something up this badly (even when you haven’t), the professional and proper thing to do when you agree to (or create) a timeline, is to actually stick with it. With tens of thousands of people watching and waiting, you’d think at the very least some intern could get on the account and say “Sorry for the delay, we have a few more small things to figure out. The official update is still about 45 minutes away”.

Kids that don’t understand responsibility (a lot of people here) don’t understand this, but the people at 343 are highly paid professionals that should be able to handle simple things like giving basic updates. It would make everyone feel A LOT better to know they’re still taking care of their paying customers. Saying “it will be fixed eventually” is NOT doing that. Once some of you have jobs and responsibilities (you can’t say you’ll pay on the 1st, and then tell your landlord you’ll get to it eventually), you’ll understand the problem most people have with 343 not staying in connection with their paying customers.

> 2767167092490500;15:
> None of the updates have ever said anything of worth, at all, and nothing has improved at all with the game.
>
> There’s literally a hundred bugs, and not a single one has been fixed.

Actually, I saw improvement from one of their updates. As for the bugs, these updates currently are JUST to get matchmaking working.

They have said this weekend they will start bug-fixing.

SO WHERE IS THE UPDATE?

12:33 still no update from 343…

I agree that I wouldn’t care if they said another update saying that the main update is going to be another hour or so. But when you give a deadline I expect people to stick to it. That’s business

If you dont know about the update, Check the “Master Chief Collection Bug Investigation” thread… it is stickied at the top here. They claimed at 9:30am to have an update later in the morning