Countdown in Matchmaking?

So I saw that Countdown was remade and they showed it on the Weekly update before, but I didn’t see anywhere if it was going to come to matchmaking. Anyone know if that’s happening? I know there are a lot of cool remakes that could be used but 343 isn’t for some reason… But I thought Countdown would since it was featured.

I sure hope so. I LOVED that map.

I’m not sure they’d use it. the grav lifts are broken

even though is love to see it return

> I’m not sure they’d use it. the grav lifts are broken
>
> even though is love to see it return

Hmm? I don’t think I encountered any issues when I was running around on the map. Could you tell me what is wrong so I can go and take a look at it?

> I sure hope so. I LOVED that map.

I agree. A perfect 4v4 and 10 or 12 player map (Flood).

I’d love to see Countdown back!

But hey, Halo 5 is due some Reach remakes so fingers crossed :smiley:

I’d actually support a Countdown remake in matchmaking. It was one of the few built-in Reach maps that I liked, the others being Powerhouse and Zealot. For the latter, we already have Onyx, so it’s ruled out. For Powerhouse, it worked surprisingly well even with jetpack, although the game mechanics didn’t have flinch at the time.

I can see Countdown working very well in Halo 4, even with the new armor abilities and flinch.

> > I’m not sure they’d use it. the grav lifts are broken
> >
> > even though is love to see it return
>
> Hmm? I don’t think I encountered any issues when I was running around on the map. Could you tell me what is wrong so I can go and take a look at it?

the two on the the end of the hall by the ramp have given us problems whilst playing by not getting us up top on several occasions.

maybe my spartans overweight

It is arguably (in my head) one of the most balanced maps for a standard 4v4 match, out of all of Halo maps.

> It is arguably (in my head) one of the most balanced maps for a standard 4v4 match, out of all of Halo maps.

I An instant classic in my mind. I think you could drop it into any Halo multiplayer, from CE - 4, and it would work well.

Sure why not its balanced and good size
Would work for bith

4v4 slayer
5v5 objective

• FFA / Flood

I would say yes.

I would love to see that map in rotation.

One of the only good maps from reach.