Couldn't we just directly buy armors with req pts?

I hate so much random unlocks, I don’t want to struggle with those -Yoink!- packs when we get the December update… (talking strictly about armors)

343 should give prices to armors so that we can directly get them

No you can’t.

I disagree. I think the randomness adds some fun to it, and it will make it so the people who play the longest or buy more packs get better stuff.

This shouldn’t be, especially seeing as there are no ranks in Warzone, so you’ll get unranked players and casuals against Try hards with insane weapons at their disposal, camping on the side of maps just obliterating everyone.

> 2535471005338414;3:
> I disagree. I think the randomness adds some fun to it, and it will make it so the people who play the longest or buy more packs get better stuff.
>
> This shouldn’t be, especially seeing as there are no ranks in Warzone, so you’ll get unranked players and casuals against Try hards with insane weapons at their disposal, camping on the side of maps just obliterating everyone.

Sorry, I’ve not explained well myself,I was strictly speaking about armors

> 2535429089645794;2:
> No you can’t.

yes, I know ._. I just want to get armors directly like Reach

No 343 would never let this happen because,

1. Pretty much half the req cards would become redundant straight away as lets be honest, most of them are guff & we wouldnt spend our points on them.
  2. Nobody would use cash to buy REQ packs, & im guessing alot of people do as you only seem to get anything decent 1 in every 5 or 6 packs & some people will be desperate to unlock everything as quick as they can.
    & 3. It makes too much sense lol

> 2533274957708200;6:
> No 343 would never let this happen because,
> 1. Pretty much half the req cards would become redundant straight away as lets be honest, most of them are guff & we wouldnt spend our points on them.
> 2. Nobody would use cash to buy REQ packs, & im guessing alot of people do as you only seem to get anything decent 1 in every 5 or 6 packs & some people will be desperate to unlock everything as quick as they can.
> & 3. It makes too much sense lol

mmh, I guess we should have stopped 343 as soon as they said “microtransitions”

I never knew it would also have applied to armors… it was not like this during the beta (god praise that beta… I also miss crouch for ground pound ._.)

-Yoink!-

So, nobody agrees?

> 2533274892367695;8:
> So, nobody agrees?

No, sorry :frowning:

> 2533274892367695;8:
> So, nobody agrees?

No I agree. I would have preferred the purchase system they had in Reach as it allowed you to buy what you wanted to and not be at the whims of RNG.
Sadly 343 built up the entire reward and exp system around the RNG system and REQ packs to prolong replay value. Ala you must grind like mad and hope you get the gear you want, rather then just buy it straight away then get bored when there’s nothing left to buy you want and thus you stop playing.

What really pisses me off is that they also put the emblems down under this system -_-
Just more ways to make you play.

> 2696128169794517;10:
> > 2533274892367695;8:
> > So, nobody agrees?
>
>
> No I agree. I would have preferred the purchase system they had in Reach as it allowed you to buy what you wanted to and not be at the whims of RNG.
> Sadly 343 built up the entire reward and exp system around the RNG system and REQ packs to prolong replay value. Ala you must grind like mad and hope you get the gear you want, rather then just buy it straight away then get bored when there’s nothing left to buy you want and thus you stop playing.
>
> What really pisses me off is that they also put the emblems down under this system -_-
> Just more ways to make you play.

well, if I like a game I play it also if it has no unlocks, so I really hate I can’t directly get the stuff I like…

and, yep, Reach had the best system.

> 2533274794829884;9:
> > 2533274892367695;8:
> > So, nobody agrees?
>
>
> No, sorry :frowning:

can’t understand why people like random unlocks since there are just a few good looking armors/helmets…

I agree. I liked when Armor was linked to level progression.

Agreed, What they should have done is made all the cosmetic items purchasable by rep points from the req collection and made it so each armor set it tied to sr and req points. Then all the vehicle and weapons would be in the random req packs for people who play warzone. Although getting the armor I’m wearing now makes me super glad and happy I finally got it after hours of grinding.
I know the reason they did what they did (trying to artificially expand the life of the game) but if the game was had good gameplay and lots of content there would be no reason to try these methods. I’m starting to think 343i isn’t confident in there products and keep doubting themselves.

> 2533274892367695;12:
> > 2533274794829884;9:
> > > 2533274892367695;8:
> > > So, nobody agrees?
> >
> >
> > No, sorry :frowning:
>
>
> can’t understand why people like random unlocks since there are just a few good looking armors/helmets…

I don’t mind this system, I don’t mind the money it brings to the community. I don’t mind being rewarded over the new/casual players. Here’s the deal. You’re going to have everything unlocked by the time you’re hitting the max level. Just keep playing. The randomness brings me entertainment. I just unlocked Wetwork Helm/Armor, my favorite set. Every gold pack I open contains ultra rares and legendaries. I find that fun ^.^ … and this doesn’t mean you have to put in 5 days of gameplay over a month but I can guarantee that even to the casual player, you will have everything you want long before Halo 6 lands. I’m glad they aren’t handing out the helmet/armor you want assuming you have around 2 days played. (Just assuming but it’s nice being rewarded for putting more time into the game.) Oh, yeah just checked ya got one day played over multiplayer. You’re getting done with that common REQ phase. It’s all uphill from now assuming you’re intelligent and purchased silver packs.

Reach was awful in my eyes, maybe I’m biased.

What I miss from Reach if I remember correctly was the reward of certain armor mods after completing commendations? I wish there was skill based rewards.

Nah I’ll pass. That’s why Destiny has such replay value and grind it’s all RNG based. So if Halo did that 343 figured Halo 5 would have replay value. And I agree with them. It does. And how Destiny adds updates where level cap is increased and more items are added, that’s what Halo 5 has, it’s monthly updates and more things added to the REQ system. It’s all for replay value. The only thing not worth my replay is the campaign

But you can’t get addicted and potentially spend a ton of money if you could bypass the req pack system, OP.

> 2533274823519895;17:
> But you can’t get addicted and potentially spend a ton of money if you could bypass the req pack system, OP.

Yeah… I mean 400 bucks or so will buy you a miniature advantage exclusively against new players… exclusively in the most casual gamemode… Which also includes a lot more skins than weapons/vehicles/power ups… And we thank those players for keeping 343 out of our pockets for DLC content.

> 2533274892367695;8:
> So, nobody agrees?

Buying armor with points is actually a good idea, and I agreed at first. But REQ packs accumulate rather quickly, so if they would have to make armor really expensive, forcing people to choose between packs and armor, or make armor cheap, which would render the point of buying it moot. If there was a currency for buying armor, then that would work.

I wouldn’t mind seeing an upgraded Store with a refreshing selection of armors and specific req cards.