could we see a bungie armor challenge?

lets be honest now that they give everyone recon its kinda pointless for the vidmasters to even be there and even if you do them theres no point other then gamerescore, i and many others would love to see something like that come back but with bungie armor, i dont see why not bungie gave us eternal on reach which was their exclusive so why not make us do an almost impossible challenge that requires us to team up with friends to achieve who else would think that would be awesome?

> lets be honest now that they give everyone recon its kinda pointless for the vidmasters to even be there and even if you do them theres no point other then gamerescore, i and many others would love to see something like that come back but with bungie armor, i dont see why not bungie gave us eternal on reach which was their exclusive so why not make us do an almost impossible challenge that requires us to team up with friends to achieve who else would think that would be awesome?

Bungie is gone from this game. They have destiny to work on.
Also, not everyone got recon. Many threads in this forum section talk about how they want their recon.

i meant people still get it not that everyone has it i got mine a few months ago on a new account lol and i know bungie doesnt own halo but 343 does now and theres a bungie chest plate that they could give us im saying it would be awesome if they made a challenge like the vidmasters but harder that gave us that chestplate not only would it help halo 3 but it would just be fun in general

I’d honestly prefer it if they just left the flames alone. Bungie should keep something from their Halo days that’s exclusive to them at least.

Besides, challenge or no challenge I really don’t think the community deserves it.

true but since they gave recon away they kinda left the people who did the vidmasters nothing i think they should do something similar to vidmasters to unlock something special and the first thing i thought of was the bungie chestplate

> Besides, challenge or no challenge I really don’t think the community deserves it.

100% agreeable post.

The game was released as free, we have a significantly increased population, which is all that matters… Besides playing Halo 3 yes.

> true but since they gave recon away they kinda left the people who did the vidmasters nothing i think they should do something similar to vidmasters to unlock something special and the first thing i thought of was the bungie chestplate

People who did the Vidmasters got to enjoy Recon while it was still unique.

Got Recon from doing the vidmasters, one month later Recon was given out to everyone, fml

if the community doesnt deserve the bungie chest plate then why did we get recon? did we deserve it? and should everyone have gotten it? at least the people who did the vidmasters worked to get it, there are a lot of games that give people things they dont deserve but its not about what the community does or does not deserve its about what they want i mean look at recon bungie had it exclusive and everyone wanted it so what did they do? they slowly gave it to random people that did amazing things in halo then they did vidmasters because demand was so high then 343 gave it to everyone (well not everyone people are still receiving) and knowing theres still a piece of armor that only bungie employees own a lot of people are going to want it, im not saying to give it to people for free im saying that it should at least be unlockable though, lets be honest how many people here would want to see something like this happen?

just saw the tweet from bs angel its a shame they did that cause now theres no possible way to get it

> just saw the tweet from bs angel its a shame they did that cause now theres no possible way to get it

You weren’t going to get the Bungie chestplate anyway. It doesn’t matter what challenge you do, unless you work for Bungie you aren’t entitled to it.

Vidmasters gave out Recon much earlier than the final switchover. That was the reward for the Vidmaster, nothing more nothing less.

The BUNGIE Chestplate and Recon was created so that Bungie could stand out in the game from everyone else. They eventually decided to share Recon but the chestpiece was a no-no. The clue is in the title of the actual armor set, it’s simply called BUNGIE.

Unless you work there, you don’t deserve it and no challenge will secure entitlement either.

i wasnt talking about bungie in that last comment i was talking about recon its a shame that they announced that they arent giving recon away anymore even though there are new players that just got the game, as for bungie armor like i said its not about what the community does or does not deserve its about what they want and if demand was high enough they would give the community what they want, look at reach they gave people the eternal effect which was a bungie exclusive and the only thing in reach that would make bungie employees stand out so the question stands does bungie really care about standing out or do they care about what the community wants? and also bungie wouldnt have a say in this decision because they are no longer in control of halo i realize at this point that it wont be possible to convince 343 about anything regarding halo 3 considering how they arent even bothering with the game

Demand makes no difference if something is supposed to be exclusive.

The flames in Halo 3 were and always will be exclusive to Bungie. The Blue Flames in Reach were exclusive but then given away as a goodbye gift to to the community.

Demand means nothing if the company behind it doesn’t consent to it. FOTUS in Halo 4 is highly sought after but does that mean it should go out to people because they want it? No, that’s typical community entitlement that never gets anyone anywhere.

Bungie had a reason for giving out those items, they are no longer in control of Halo so the choice would fall into 343’s hands. They have no reason to give it out since ‘community demand’ isn’t a viable reason for giving out something to make a 3D barbie look shinier.

Even if 343 had a reason to do it they won’t anyway. As BS Angel made quite clear in her Twitter post they do not give out Recon anymore and along with that one would assume they do not give out the Bungie Chest because it would run on the same tech that’s either been abandoned or switched off.

I’d personally say it’s less about community demand and more about respect for the original developers. 343 don’t need to give it out and to be quite honest, they shouldn’t either.

> Unless you work there, you don’t deserve it and no challenge will secure entitlement either.

That’s not completely true. Bungie had a contest where they gave it to the winner several years ago. I think they also gave it to everyone for a single day on Bungie day back then, I only remember that because I was on vacation that day and couldn’t play. :frowning:

Anyway, it doesn’t really matter since you can’t get it at all anymore, but it was given out in the past.

> > Unless you work there, you don’t deserve it and no challenge will secure entitlement either.
>
> That’s not completely true. Bungie had a contest where they gave it to the winner several years ago. I think they also gave it to everyone for a single day on Bungie day back then, I only remember that because I was on vacation that day and couldn’t play. :frowning:
>
> Anyway, it doesn’t really matter since you can’t get it at all anymore, but it was given out in the past.

Oh I’m aware. I just didn’t count those examples because it was only on a temporary basis. As for the person who got it back then, fair game. They gave it to him because he won the right to have it.

People here have no such right.