Could Warzone Firefight be Halos version of Raids?

Does anyone else think it’d be awesome if we got some more intricate boss mechanics and encounters in WZFF? It doesn’t have to be like VoG, but adding in a boss or two with something more interesting than what we have now, and maybe some special rewards, an achievement/armor/wep skin, for completing it.

> 2600292642016732;1:
> It doesn’t have to be like VoG

Like what?

> 2600292642016732;1:
> adding in a boss or two with something more interesting than what we have now, and maybe some special rewards, an achievement/armor/wep skin, for completing it.

Not sure what you mean by “more interesting” but I think it’s fine. Not that I’m against them improving the experience, but if anything, I want to see Warzone Firefight Turbo

I don’t think it would turn out well it doesn’t have that type of feel of a game to have an intricate boss.

> 2533274904158628;2:
> > 2600292642016732;1:
> > It doesn’t have to be like VoG
>
> Like what?

“VoG” is an acronym for “Vault of Glass”, the first raid event of Bungie’s game, Destiny. In a nutshell, it represented the ultimate PvE event for early Destiny, and involved 6 players working together to fight enemies, solve puzzles, and defeat bosses. Bosses in Destiny raids have mechanics that elevate the complexity of the fight beyond just shooting at the enemy.

> 2533274817408735;4:
> > 2533274904158628;2:
> > > 2600292642016732;1:
> > > It doesn’t have to be like VoG
> >
> > Like what?
>
> “VoG” is an acronym for “Vault of Glass”, the first raid event of Bungie’s game, Destiny. In a nutshell, it represented the ultimate PvE event for early Destiny, and involved 6 players working together to fight enemies, solve puzzles, and defeat bosses. Bosses in Destiny raids have mechanics that elevate the complexity of the fight beyond just shooting at the enemy.

Atheon is the final boss and he teleports you to to one of planets, mars or Venus. You have to fight a gate keeper to leave through a portal to get back to the Vault. Things like this keep a boss battle fresh which is something Halo has always lacked.

Since I first played WZFF I always felt that it was similar to Destiny, must be the bullet sponge bosses…

I’ve long held the opinion that Halo’s PVE MP content should be more assault/progression based than on defense(firefight outside of ODST). Halo 4 had the right idea, but it strode for quantity (a lot of environment repeats, simple level design, etc.) of missions over the quality of missions. It also lacked critical replay aspects like meta-scoring. And on-topic having that kind of PVE mode with complex bosses that you would find in raids would be really fun. It would be great if they actually hired a very experienced designer to work on such a project.

> 2533274817408735;4:
> “VoG” is an acronym for “Vault of Glass”, the first raid event of Bungie’s game, Destiny. In a nutshell, it represented the ultimate PvE event for early Destiny, and involved 6 players working together to fight enemies, solve puzzles, and defeat bosses. Bosses in Destiny raids have mechanics that elevate the complexity of the fight beyond just shooting at the enemy.

Thanks for clearing that up. It might be interesting for Halo to have something like that