Could Vulture/Grizzley/Colossus fit in a FPS Halo?

Halo has a lot of cool vehicles but these 3 might be my favorite. I dont expect any of these to be in infinite, but in a what if scenario could they work for btb/warzone or even just campaign? (tier 9 reqs for sure) Halo 4 had the pelican in campaign in a large area although the area was so barren it ended up being extreamly boring compaired to the excelent New Alexandria level in reach. It really depends if campaign level/warzone/btb map size is big enough without having to be striped of geometry/enemies but do you think its possible for them to have a place in halo’s sandbox or would they just be too powerfull (or just too large, especially with the colossus’s height) to fit in a FPS Halo?

The Grizzly and Colossus could definitely work with some tweaks/nerfs to make the jump from rts to fps. I doubt they’ll make an appearance, but it’d be interesting if some of their features were incorporated into the Scorpion & Mantis. The Vulture would be fine in the campaign, but I personally don’t think it has any place in multiplayer.

I don’t see why not.

We have multiple variants of vehicles in Halo 5, with some being more powerful than others.

You could replace the model of the ONI Scorpion and name it Grizzly and I think it would still work.

I thought the Grizzly would have fit very well in Halo 5 with all the different types of tanks already available. I’d love to see it and the Vulture in Infinite.

Could the Vulture behave as a flying Elephant? That might be tough to pull off but I think it sounds like a fun idea!

Colossus perhaps, but we already have the Mantis as an exoskeleton in the FPS games. That being said, multiple variants aren’t necessarily a bad thing. I just don’t want the weapon/vehicle sandbox to get so congested that everything starts turning into re-skins of other things.

> 2533274815711361;5:
> Could the Vulture behave as a flying Elephant? That might be tough to pull off but I think it sounds like a fun idea!

Rename it the Dumbo lol.

> 2533274815711361;5:
> Could the Vulture behave as a flying Elephant? That might be tough to pull off but I think it sounds like a fun idea!

I magine it would control basically like the hornet/wasp just a good bit bigger and a bit slower with its cannons replaceing the chaingun and press y to switch to its aa rockets or just fire them with left trigger. Missile barrage might have to be cut or be campaign only cuz thats op. Im imagining a one person thing but it is certantly big enough to carry ppl if they wanted to make some of its armament controled by p2. If they did put it in tho i suspect it would not be exactly the same as the hw version.

> 2533274824050480;7:
> > 2533274815711361;5:
> > Could the Vulture behave as a flying Elephant? That might be tough to pull off but I think it sounds like a fun idea!
>
> Rename it the Dumbo lol.

Haha! Or perhaps a Dumbo easter egg found somewhere on the hull.

> 2535435902217648;6:
> Colossus perhaps, but we already have the Mantis as an exoskeleton in the FPS games. That being said, multiple variants aren’t necessarily a bad thing. I just don’t want the weapon/vehicle sandbox to get so congested that everything starts turning into re-skins of other things.

Im a little worried that if you took the colossus and put it on a map like h5s warzone maps it might not fit underneath some of the overhangs, tho if it has a robust crouch like the mantis it might squeeze through ok. I feel like atleast in campaign getting the chance to pilot one of these ‘semi-uber’ vehicles would provide a memorable moment the kind we have not had since the h3 scarab fights. but ofcourse only if we can have a large enough scale area thats well designed and populated enough with enemys. Otherwise itll fall kinda flat like the pelican in h4 which while kinda cool put too much emphesis on l337 graphics and couldnt build big/complex areas or have enough ai in them to make it interisting.

> 2533274829552618;10:
> > 2535435902217648;6:
> > Colossus perhaps, but we already have the Mantis as an exoskeleton in the FPS games. That being said, multiple variants aren’t necessarily a bad thing. I just don’t want the weapon/vehicle sandbox to get so congested that everything starts turning into re-skins of other things.
>
> Im a little worried that if you took the colossus and put it on a map like h5s warzone maps it might not fit underneath some of the overhangs, tho if it has a robust crouch like the mantis it might squeeze through ok. I feel like atleast in campaign getting the chance to pilot one of these ‘semi-uber’ vehicles would provide a memorable moment the kind we have not had since the h3 scarab fights. but ofcourse only if we can have a large enough scale area thats well designed and populated enough with enemys. Otherwise itll fall kinda flat like the pelican in h4 which while kinda cool put too much emphesis on l337 graphics and couldnt build big/complex areas or have enough ai in them to make it interisting.

Yeah I fully agree with you here. I’d love to see one in the campaign, but not just for the sake of having it. The Mammoth in H4 was a let down for me because it was such a cool idea, but was executed poorly. Much like the Pelican run, there wasn’t much to do. You just rode along until you found a shooting gallery, killed everyone, then moved to the next one.

Given the scale of core Halo games(even including Warzone), I think the Vulture and Colossus just are not going to fit nicely without major concessions that would defeat the purpose of having them. The Grizzly at least would be better than having simple Scorpion reskins being arbitrarily more powerful.

That said I would vastly prefer they just get the core vehicle set right by making each truly unique before we bother with any variants.