Could this work for halo 4 ?

For neutral ai they won’t be elites or Spartans but maybe some thing that can walk on the ground.

A basis script would be to stay in a certain area unless a player is near by or if shoot at by player it can they charge and attack player or try to get as close to player ad possible.
If it runs into a solid (wall) I can try going left or right to get to player or shoot player if it has it’s our kind of weapon.

Of corse more peogramibg would be needed but with this you can forge a game type around the ai but not too complex. An idea is make a drop pod for players and have a tamped base so the ai can walk up it or not.

If the ai floats then the coding would be easIer.

Seems like this would take about 1-2 months
1-2 maps
What do you think ?

Can I get at least two replies ?

So you’re talking about placeable bots in forge?

Well, I think something like this would work, but we should have more than just their area to stay in, or who to attack to control.

It kinda sounds as if you’d like to create your own gametypes/challenges/levels…perhaps to avoid matchmaking? Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but I’m sure one of the main reasons for 343 not including bots (outside of programming headaches) would be that they want people in matchmaking, or otherwise online in customs.

With having place-able/customizable bots in forge, one could theoretically create a whole game/match/etc and play by themselves without ever having to go online or play in matchmaking…which is something 343/Microsoft would probably like to avoid at all costs.

Well… I personally would pay 1200 Microsoft points for a sandbox big forge map like forge world, that included bots and a massive wide range of vehicles, more than halo reach’s forge world defo. (definately)

> It kinda sounds as if you’d like to create your own gametypes/challenges/levels…perhaps to avoid matchmaking? Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but I’m sure one of the main reasons for 343 not including bots (outside of programming headaches) would be that they want people in matchmaking, or otherwise online in customs.
>
> With having place-able/customizable bots in forge, one could theoretically create a whole game/match/etc and play by themselves without ever having to go online or play in matchmaking…which is something 343/Microsoft would probably like to avoid at all costs.

Why? You will probably not gain xp in customs like you did in halo reach.

And the reason I want bots is to make machinimas a lot easier and better.

> So you’re talking about placeable bots in forge?
>
> Well, I think something like this would work, but we should have more than just their area to stay in, or who to attack to control.

That’s why I said more coding would be added and in programing form also for making ones own game like campaign they can still get money maybe 800 ms points but of course free is the best offer maybe have one built in map with them and another that you must buy that you could forge on with these ai.

Gutas and/or sentinels would make a great machinima

Well for me I don’t buy gold I just switch to gears or cod becuz they have bots if I do some how get gold I play halo becuz of game play but I’d pay just a little extra for bots but I wish they came with the game.

At least one map with ai that come with the game and 1-2 more that you have to pay for.

The idea is like it’s the map isolation where the sentinels fly around but if you shoot at they they shoot back so not too big of a game changer.
Of course there would be an option to turn it off.

And another thing you would not be able to place they. You could build around their spawn but also before you start game you could change their health and damage deal out and maybe a few other things.

Any other ideas ?

Edited by Moderator - Please do not bump your post.