Could the Weapon have cut dialogue from last year…

…or do we think she’s going to be a (mostly) silent companion? Last year, the Weapon was mentioned in the objective for taking out the Banished AA guns. Despite being with Chief and the Pilot, she remained completely silent both during the Pelican crash and the entirety of the gameplay. Could she have had dialogue that was cut from the demo to keep her reveal as a Cortana lookalike a surprise, or will she be too formal (or too nervous) to talk casually with Chief in the final game?

Wow I never noticed that tidbit, nice find!

They didn’t include her audio most likely, because Shadows of Reach, her introduction, had not released yet.

speculation, but they may have curated the experience of the opening to benefit the trailer, so she may have lines in the final game we didn’t hear in the trailer for cinematic purposes.

> 2533274923428997;2:
> Wow I never noticed that tidbit, nice find!
>
> They didn’t include her audio most likely, because Shadows of Reach, her introduction, had not released yet.

This. Introducing her last year would of just been confusing.

> 2533274792737987;4:
> This. Introducing her last year would of just been confusing.

For sure! I remember seeing ‘the weapon’ last year and being like “huh, it must have something to do with Chief’s AI chip that we saw in last year’s cinematic trailer”. In 2019’s Discover Hope, when Chief inserts the chip, his HUD calls it a ‘weapon containment device’ or something along those lines. Very cool that she’s been hinted at over the past couple years.

> 2535411993815954;1:
> …or do we think she’s going to be a (mostly) silent companion? Last year, the Weapon was mentioned in the objective for taking out the Banished AA guns. Despite being with Chief and the Pilot, she remained completely silent both during the Pelican crash and the entirety of the gameplay. Could she have had dialogue that was cut from the demo to keep her reveal as a Cortana lookalike a surprise, or will she be too formal (or too nervous) to talk casually with Chief in the final game?

I’m thinking she either has cut dialogue or she simply is directed to only speak when spoken to. As to avoid John getting too close to another AI.

> 2535411919953126;6:
> As to avoid John getting too close to another AI.

This would make for a really interesting dynamic between them. I don’t want to get attached to her and then have to watch her be deleted at the end, though. :sweat_smile:

I think she didn’t talk because they weren’t ready to introduce her yet

> 2535411993815954;7:
> > 2535411919953126;6:
> > As to avoid John getting too close to another AI.
>
> This would make for a really interesting dynamic with them. I don’t want to get attached to her and then have to watch her be deleted at the end, though. :sweat_smile:

But imagine the story telling they could do.
As the game progresses John starts to ask non mission critical questions.
Eventually he says:
“She’s asked me once, before all of this, before the guardians before we needed you. To figure out which one of us was the machine.”
The weapon brushes it off talks about his biometrics.
But later she asks cotana the same question.
Chief for a second time has to sacrifice the rare relationships that humanised him during the game to delete them both.
It feels like it could be a strong emotional moment.
If the weapon accesses cortana she could even get a moment where chief says
“The unsc are here, Halsey is here! You don’t BOTH have to lose, I can save you.”
Weapon: “I think you your answer, spar-john. How did she put it again?..Don’t make a girl a promise you know you can’t keep.” flicker flicker avatar vanishes.
117:“command? Its finished.”

Or you know just something to that effect I’m not an author haha. Sad bud damn it be powerful. Hits the beats of 3 and 4 and acknowledges the new cortana model she won’t be me you know that line.

Legendary ending is both of the AI speaking cryptically at an unknown time or place.