Could the Flood ever return?

I haven’t been reading the lore lately, waiting on Escalation issues to be delivered. So I don’t know if the Flood is still relevant or a thing of the past. Is the Didact and his Prometheans the villain to replace the Flood?

> I haven’t been reading the lore lately, waiting on Escalation issues to be delivered. So I don’t know if the Flood is still relevant or a thing of the past. Is the Didact and his Prometheans the villain to replace the Flood?

At this point, it seems pretty clear that the Flood will return at some point in the future, when exactly that will be is still unclear. It is somewhat unlikely that they’ll appear in Halo 5, at least not until the end, but Halo 6 is a likely candidate.

Oh, yes. Oh yes they could return. They will return. More powerful than ever!
MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Ahem
Uh… yeah… the Flood are anything but gone. And that fact is renewed by the current state of the Spirit of Fire…

“It is the way of those who seek out the truth of the Mantle. Humans will rise again in arrogance and defiance. The Flood will return when they are ripe - and bring them unity.”

They are coming.

And they are going to look so awesome on the XB1. So awesome.

> Oh, yes. Oh yes they could return. They will return. <mark>More powerful than ever!</mark>
> MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
>
> Ahem
> Uh… yeah… the Flood are anything but gone. And that fact is renewed by the current state of the Spirit of Fire…

I wouldn’t go as far as to say that, given that the Flood no longer have access to the array of Precursor artifacts that once existed in the Milky Way and Path Kethona.

It’s hard to surpass having control over technology capable of crushing planets.

As i said in another thread, a while back:

#GravemindIsComing2015

Indubitably.

this is a panel from Escalation #6. it’s set after Halo 4. Don’t click if you don’t want spoilers.

hmm, I wonder…

> “It is the way of those who seek out the truth of the Mantle. Humans will rise again in arrogance and defiance. The Flood will return when they are ripe - and bring them unity.”
>
> They are coming.

“This Galaxy is vast; its wonders and beauty are almost unfathomable. But the galaxy also hides dark secrets, some of which have lain dormant since the beginning of time itself. There is a danger in secrets, both in seeking and in knowing. Some things are meant to be hidden from view. Some mysteries defy understanding, and sometimes even the things we think we know are untrue. Some secrets should remain untouched.”