could team slayer going TU kill arena's population?

if team slayer was to become nothing but TU then there would be no reason to even choose arena since you would be able to get practically the same experience in team slayer as you would in arena but with faster search times, those who want the hyper competitive game would choose the MLG playlist.

so, i ask, could team slayer going TU be the death of arena?

> could team slayer going TU be the death of arena?

How do you kill what is already dead?

> > could team slayer going TU be the death of arena?
>
> How do you kill what is already dead?

by incinerating it into ash.

Teams match teams, and no Armor Lock/Camo.

While I agree The Arena is practically dead already, I don’t think it would hurt the population any more than ZB did.

> > > could team slayer going TU be the death of arena?
> >
> > How do you kill what is already dead?
>
> by incinerating it into ash.

Let it be done.

> Teams match teams, and no Armor Lock/Camo.
>
> While I agree The Arena is practically dead already, I don’t think it would hurt the population any more than ZB did.

team slayer already has an abundance of teams, so teams matching teams in TS wouldn’t be an issue, though, randoms matching teams could be but he same still happens in arena.

AL being nerfed makes it pretty much useless at high level play since you are immobile while vulnerable, you are practically giving the other team a free kill just by using it.

AC could be an issue but only minor, jet pack will most likely come out as the most dominant AA.

the other thing is search times, why bother choosing a playlist that has slow search times when you can get the same experience in a different playlist but with faster search times?

Because of the TU being applied everywhere I’m wondering if I should start spamming this Opinion: Player Metrics Vs. The Vocal Minority

No. Team slayer will remain a casual/non-competitive playlist for many players to play it for fun. It has no ranking system and it will still allow guests to be in the party. Also, AAs such as Armor lock and Invis are still in the load-outs so it still makes the playlist as casual as it gets.

Arena on the other hand is a true competitive playlist since both teams go in to win. Many have requested multiple times for 343 to make minor changes to the playlist like removal of jetpack but 343 has failed to comply.

I really doubt that team slayer will cause any kind of significant impact towards the Arena. If 343 would listen to the Arena community and implement the popular demanded changes then I can guarantee that the playlist will have at least 2,000 + players a day compared to 800 on avg.

> Because of the TU being applied everywhere I’m wondering if I should start spamming this Opinion: Player Metrics Vs. The Vocal Minority

i like to use this as well

> > > could team slayer going TU be the death of arena?
> >
> > How do you kill what is already dead?
>
> by incinerating it into ash.

It could be another nail in the coffin and if the TU in TS does not finish the job, if MLG gets Arena rank (dunno about this), Arena will have almost zero reason to exsist. At this point I am watching it lose more players, even after the Christmas influx Arena picked up very few.

To be honest, with the current TU it is not looking like anything that would bring me to Arena is going to happen in the future. Its sad really, such a waste of ranked play which could be doing so much better.

Arena is still alive? I didnt relize that small population still plays it.

> No. Team slayer will remain a casual/non-competitive playlist for many players to play it for fun. It has no ranking system and it will still allow guests to be in the party. Also, AAs such as Armor lock and Invis are still in the load-outs so it still makes the playlist as casual as it gets.

Then there is no need to apply the competitive settings as competitive players have many playlist with which to enjoy these settings.

> Arena on the other hand is a true competitive playlist since both teams go in to win. Many have requested multiple times for 343 to make minor changes to the playlist like removal of jetpack but 343 has failed to comply.

Two things, you cant have a competition when nobody shows up, even niche playlist destroy Arenas population, everyday. Removing 33% of the main mechanic of Reach (AA) from Arena is not a “minor change”, just saying =/

> I really doubt that team slayer will cause any kind of significant impact towards the Arena. If 343 would listen to the Arena community and implement the popular demanded changes then I can guarantee that the playlist will have at least 2,000 + players a day compared to 800 on avg.

Where are those players going to come from, MLG and Arena added together barely add up to 2000.

> > No. Team slayer will remain a casual/non-competitive playlist for many players to play it for fun. It has no ranking system and it will still allow guests to be in the party. Also, AAs such as Armor lock and Invis are still in the load-outs so it still makes the playlist as casual as it gets.
>
> Then there is no need to apply the competitive settings as competitive players have many playlist with which to enjoy these settings.
>
>
>
> > Arena on the other hand is a true competitive playlist since both teams go in to win. Many have requested multiple times for 343 to make minor changes to the playlist like removal of jetpack but 343 has failed to comply.
>
> Two things, you cant have a competition when nobody shows up, even niche playlist destroy Arenas population, everyday. Removing 33% of the main mechanic of Reach (AA) from Arena is not a “minor change”, just saying =/
>
>
>
> > I really doubt that team slayer will cause any kind of significant impact towards the Arena. If 343 would listen to the Arena community and implement the popular demanded changes then I can guarantee that the playlist will have at least 2,000 + players a day compared to 800 on avg.
>
> Where are those players going to come from, MLG and Arena added together barely add up to 2000.

The TU settings are not considered competitive settings. The Team Slayer playlist still allows you to play with guests and also can sometimes match you up with players who have just started playing halo reach

Removing jetpack is a simple change that can be made by 343. It can help the Arena population a bit since it eliminates any form of cheap camping places within the map that don’t have kill zones (like the ones in asylum and synapse). Also, it helps bring back the importance of map control, which many competitive players enjoy fighting for.

Lastly, the Arena population pre-TU had a population of 300 players on avg. The population has increased an additional 500 thanks to the changes that 343 made to the Arena. Many former Arena players did not really have the TU implementation as a top priority, but it brought back a few former players who started playing once again in hope for more changes to come.

I can guarantee that the population of the Arena will spike if 343 makes the changes that many former/current Arena players on these forums have proposed.

> > could team slayer going TU be the death of arena?
>
> How do you kill what is already dead?

Depends. Bullet to the head. Stakes, silver, fire, sunlight. Destroy its phylactery…

> Because of the TU being applied everywhere I’m wondering if I should start spamming this Opinion: Player Metrics Vs. The Vocal Minority

you should read the comments on some of those. To see both sides of the spectrum.

You see, this opinion article, would of been very true if we had like 300000 players on at its peak, but seeing many people were unhappy with reach, the article to me means very little when it comes to this game.

I respect how you feel about it, Im just stating how I see it.

> The TU settings are not considered competitive settings.

Then who were they for and why was invis and AL, the two AA missing from Arena targeted for a nerf in other playlist? I suppose you believe this was for casuals?

> The Team Slayer playlist still allows you to play with guests and also can sometimes match you up with players who have just started playing halo reach

That happens in the MLG playlist as well, or am I wrong on that?

> Removing jetpack is a simple change that can be made by 343.

What about people that like using JP?

> It can help the Arena population a bit since it eliminates any form of cheap camping places within the map that don’t have kill zones (like the ones in asylum and synapse).

Fix the maps, not remove the AA, AA are the main mechanic in this game.

> Also, it helps bring back the importance of map control, which many competitive players enjoy fighting for.

Just wait until all the people that left Halo to play CoD and BF hear Reach now has more map control, they are sure to come running back for all the super awesome fun =/ No they wont

> Lastly, the Arena population pre-TU had a population of 300 players on avg.

Depending on the time you play, Arena will dip down below 300 post TU, at peak times I have rarely seen it over a 1000 players.

> The population has increased an additional 500 thanks to the changes that 343 made to the Arena.

The population boost was a result of Christmas xbox sales and I should point out that 500 players extra during peak times represents a small fraction of the population increase.

> Many former Arena players did not really have the TU implementation as a top priority, but it brought back a few former players who started playing once again in hope for more changes to come.

Really, they did not get tired of Skyrim?

> I can guarantee that the population of the Arena will spike if 343 makes the changes that many former/current Arena players on these forums have proposed.

I hope they do something, the population in that playlist is pathetic, when co-op campaign can beat you in population, you got problems.