Could someone help me on some characters ..?

Who are Faber and Didact?
People keep referring to them, and it’s hard to understand what they’re talking about sense I don’t know who they are! I assume they’re from the books …?

Any help would be great! :slight_smile:

Faber was the Master builder of the forerunners. He also over saw the creation of the halo rings. he was eventually exiled and striped of his rank of master builder and thrown on installation 07.

The didact is the head of the forerunner military. his soldiers that stand with him are the prometheans. there are only 2 known didacts to exist. the first was ur-didact he was eventually executed by faber. but before he died he gave all his memories and characteristics to bornstellar makes eternal lasting who was young forerunner but eventually became the present didact.

> Faber was the Master builder of the forerunners. He also over saw the creation of the halo rings. he was eventually exiled and striped of his rank of master builder and thrown on installation 07.
>
>
>
> The didact is the head of the forerunner military. his soldiers that stand with him are the prometheans. there are only 2 known didacts to exist. the first was ur-didact he was eventually executed by faber. but before he died he gave all his memories and characteristics to bornstellar makes eternal lasting who was young forerunner but eventually became the present didact.

This^^^^^^^

They are very interesting characters I can assure you.

The Didact is the highest ranking Forerunner military commander during the Human-Forerunner War, a war between the Forerunners and humanity when they were once an intersteller empire, the result was a human defeat and de-evolution, and the subsequent Forerunner-Flood War. For both of these conflicts, there were two Didacts. The first was the original Didact, now dead as a result of the corrupt Forerunner named Faber, also known as the Master Builder. The current Didact was once known as Bornsteller Makes Eternal Lasting, a young Manipular, think teenager in a sense. He discovered the Didact on Earth in a tomb-like preservation device called a Cryptum with the help of two humans named Chakas and Riser. Upon traveling the galaxy with the Didact, he is given a brevet mutation and slowly assumes the identity of the original Didact. Now Bornsteller is the Didact and must combat the Flood that have once again reappeared. However new information regarding Halo: Silentieum mentions an Ur-Didact, thus hinting at TWO Didacts.

Faber was the Master Builder, a high ranking member of the Builder caste of Forerunners. He was the mastermind behind the Halo Array and was known for his extremely cruel ways of overcoming his opponents. He used his Halos to kill off rebelling ancient San 'Shyuum, aka Prophets, was tried for his crimes but escaped the Forerunner capital when it was under attack by Mendicant Bias, the AI keeper of the Halo rings. On Installation 07, he performed horrific experiments on humans with the Flood. His whereabouts are unknown.

Uber detailed, but that’s just me.

> Faber was the Master builder of the forerunners. He also over saw the creation of the halo rings. he was eventually exiled and striped of his rank of master builder and thrown on installation 07.
>
>
>
> The didact is the head of the forerunner military. his soldiers that stand with him are the prometheans. there are only 2 known didacts to exist. the first was ur-didact he was eventually executed by faber. but before he died he gave all his memories and characteristics to bornstellar makes eternal lasting who was young forerunner but eventually became the present didact.

Basically what he said. The Didact is a highest Warrior-Servant (lowest rank in the Forerunner hierarchy) and Builders are the highest in the Council. If you read Halo: Cryptum it will explain everything. There is a lot of detail about these two and the Forerunner culture.

I might recommend 2 books if you want to dive deep into the forerunner culture and stories. The forerunner saga is perfect for this here are the books

1. Halo Cryptum [book 1]
  2. Halo primordium [book 2]
  3. Halo silentium [Book 3] (releases January 8th 2013)

I will def. get those two books!
Are they’re any other books I should read to get a better understanding of the plot regarding halo 4? (In order)

> I will def. get those two books!
> Are they’re any other books I should read to get a better understanding of the plot regarding halo 4? (In order)

Halo: Glasslands I suppose. I’ll admit it certainly isn’t my favorite for a variety of reasons, but it might provide SOME insight as to why the Elites are enemies again, the Infinity and Spartan-IVs. Personally, I’d wait until Thursday War comes out.