Could SGT Johnson be alive?

The new Halo Wars 2 - Official Multiplayer ViDoc shows a concept art of I’m 99% sure Sgt Johnson in a large mec suit or perhaps prototype spartan armor, think this is just the devs having fun or actually a hint at something to come? I know Johnson should by all means be dead, but maybe theres a chance he isnt.

Halo Wars 2 - Official Multiplayer Vidoc (Timestamp 1:40) ->Halo Wars 2 - Official Multiplayer ViDoc - YouTube
IMAGE OF JOHNSON -> http://imgur.com/a/hKUWS

No, he’s dead and that was probably some Easter egg.

Ha. What a twist. His melty-hole’d corpse fell down into the depths of 04b, regenerated (because he canonically has “curious regenerative properties”), and lived off the land for 5 years.

That would be pretty great. Not likely, though.

Edit: Forgot to add “escaped the exploding ring and survived its pulse.” He’d have to do that too. But he’s probably been through worse.

Well he was in halo 4 as an Easter egg lol… possibly he could be in HW2 as an Easter egg

Sgt. Johnson, never forgotten, will always remain alive in our hearts

There is no way is is still alive. Yes, he may have been in some coma after guilty spark zapped him, but there is NO way he could have survived the destruction of the ark. That’s like 1 million Hiroshima bombs!

They already brought back cortana, and we all know how well it went.
Please don’t do that to Johnson

RIP super mecha Johnson dream

Well they did bring back Cortana after we WITNESSED her die emotionally, so I say why not.

They could always go with the Johnson clone route.

Nah that man blew up

> 2533274847563380;9:
> Well they did bring back Cortana after we WITNESSED her die emotionally, so I say why not.

Cortana’s an AI construct, so they could pull that stunt even though it did sound like some desperate fan’s FanFic than actual Halo lore. They did have something happen like this back in Spartan Assault and in Last Light, but it’s probably not what most people would be expecting from a “Johnson is alive!” announcement.

We all know who the lead writer for Halo 5 was, so I don’t think its outside the realm of possibility, but it’d be a real lame move no matter how they try and pull it off.

> 2533274850869596;12:
> > 2533274847563380;9:
> > Well they did bring back Cortana after we WITNESSED her die emotionally, so I say why not.
>
> Cortana’s an AI construct, so they could pull that stunt even though it did sound like some desperate fan’s FanFic than actual Halo lore. They did have something happen like this back in Spartan Assault and in Last Light, but it’s probably not what most people would be expecting from a “Johnson is alive!” announcement.
>
> We all know who the lead writer for Halo 5 was, so I don’t think its outside the realm of possibility, but it’d be a real lame move no matter how they try and pull it off.

What if they did a Johnson spin off game that takes place in the past? Then we could explore the war in its prime and get Johnson back for a few games.

> 2533274847563380;13:
> > 2533274850869596;12:
> > > 2533274847563380;9:
> > > Well they did bring back Cortana after we WITNESSED her die emotionally, so I say why not.
> >
> > Cortana’s an AI construct, so they could pull that stunt even though it did sound like some desperate fan’s FanFic than actual Halo lore. They did have something happen like this back in Spartan Assault and in Last Light, but it’s probably not what most people would be expecting from a “Johnson is alive!” announcement.
> >
> > We all know who the lead writer for Halo 5 was, so I don’t think its outside the realm of possibility, but it’d be a real lame move no matter how they try and pull it off.
>
> What if they did a Johnson spin off game that takes place in the past? Then we could explore the war in its prime and get Johnson back for a few games.

That’d be pretty cool. Seeing the Covenant back in its prime and all that too, since short of some miracle (cough like the Created) I don’t see them ever regaining their status as true threats to humanity again.

He probably survived and is gonna come back evil.

Oh no he dead.

I hope not. I didn’t like Cortana coming back, I certainly wouldn’t like Johnson coming back either. Characters that are dead need to stay that way, otherwise their death has no emotional impact. Even worse, it calls into question the developer’s ability to write a good story, which is where 343 is at for many people right now.

I’d kind of say yes. But would lean towards no. He’d never let this incident go, even after he comes back to life.

I think he is dead but what if Cortana found a way to retrieve the dead from the Domain? I’d love that

Seargent Johnson was shot by 343 Guilty spark, died of his wounds, in a room that later collapsed, on a ring that later exploded. Yeah, he’s definitely dead.