Could Scorpio allow splitscreen for Halo 5?

This is just a thought I had because although it was already said that Scorpio wouldn’t do anything for you if you were playing on a regular HDTV, I do remember someone from MSFT or 343i saying that Halo 5 would essentially play at continuous 1080p due to the raw power and the dynamic resolution implemented into Halo 5 as of now. If Scorpio is at least 4x more powerful, then shouldn’t it technically be able to support 4 player split-screen at 1080p? I am pretty sure that since 343i is a first party studio, Halo 5 will be one of the first games to be updated to take advantage of 4k on the Scorpio, but what if 343i also added support for 4 player 1080p split-screen as well on 4k TV’s.

Another note: I am not trying reopen old wounds, but it was something I was thinking about, and while I am no developer, it seems to be technically possible.

Thoughts?

Scorpio: 6 Teraflops
Xbox One: 1.31 Teraflops
So a little over 4x computational performance.

Good question. Sadly, I don’t have an answer for ya.

It will have the processing power to do that but 343 would have to put a lot of effort into something that only a fraction of the player base could and would use. I don’t see it happening, and encourage everyone not to get your hopes up.

343 would have to rework the engine and the entirety of the sound system. Tons of work!

Unless there is a way to patch Halo 5 for the Scorpio and not the One, then no.

> 2533274831388058;1:
> This is just a thought I had because although it was already said that Scorpio wouldn’t do anything for you if you were playing on a regular HDTV, I do remember someone from MSFT or 343i saying that Halo 5 would essentially play at continuous 1080p due to the raw power and the dynamic resolution implemented into Halo 5 as of now. If Scorpio is at least 4x more powerful, then shouldn’t it technically be able to support 4 player split-screen at 1080p? I am pretty sure that since 343i is a first party studio, Halo 5 will be one of the first games to be updated to take advantage of 4k on the Scorpio, but what if 343i also added support for 4 player 1080p split-screen as well on 4k TV’s.
>
> Another note: I am not trying reopen old wounds, but it was something I was thinking about, and while I am no developer, it seems to be technically possible.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Scorpio: 6 Teraflops
> Xbox One: 1.31 Teraflops
> So a little over 4x computational performance.

If halo 5 was updated wouldn’t you think it will affect all consoles? So if they update halo 5 then the original consoles wouldn’t be able to handle it? Just a thought

It would be great if they bring back splitscreen.

> 2533274831388058;1:
> This is just a thought I had because although it was already said that Scorpio wouldn’t do anything for you if you were playing on a regular HDTV, I do remember someone from MSFT or 343i saying that Halo 5 would essentially play at continuous 1080p due to the raw power and the dynamic resolution implemented into Halo 5 as of now. If Scorpio is at least 4x more powerful, then shouldn’t it technically be able to support 4 player split-screen at 1080p? I am pretty sure that since 343i is a first party studio, Halo 5 will be one of the first games to be updated to take advantage of 4k on the Scorpio, but what if 343i also added support for 4 player 1080p split-screen as well on 4k TV’s.
>
> Another note: I am not trying reopen old wounds, but it was something I was thinking about, and while I am no developer, it seems to be technically possible.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Scorpio: 6 Teraflops
> Xbox One: 1.31 Teraflops
> So a little over 4x computational performance.

Probably should go here. I wouldn’t count on it.

They have stated that split screen cannot be patched into halo 5. The Scorpio would basically just run at 1080p 60fps the entire time, and all the graphical sacrifices the engine has to make in the campaign to keep 60fps essentially won’t be there. There is a very high possibility it will be in halo 6.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/official-split-screen-thread-v4-0/27262665-037d-4b00-b3a8-5c4c4b07e168/posts, please

You’re welcome to use the split screen thread to discuss this further: Official Split-Screen Thread