Could Playlist Rotation Affect Matchmaking?

Primarily, I’m curious if playlist rotation is to be believed. If so, I want to know how you feel it could affect Matchmaking. Potentially, playlist rotation wouldn’t actually be a step forward for 343, but rather a huge step backwards.

The Halo community is full of gamers who are passionate about the series. It also plays host to many casual gamers seeking to have a good and balanced game. In my opinion, playlist rotation will negatively affect Matchmaking and here’s why.

Playlist rotation seeks to expand a player’s arsenal and gameplay experience. What if players aren’t looking for that? There are many requests floating around the forum asking for a playlist expansion. If this was instead turned into a weekly rotational playlist, many (but not all), players may stop playing due to the fact that they may have to wait weeks for that one playlist that they feel suits them best. This is especially true if 343 intends to add a substantial amount of playlists to this rotational playlist.

What do you think?

It’s a very bad idea.

I agree. I hoped I wasn’t the only one.

Constructive discussion and input is most welcome here.

> No one has an opinion? I thought this would bring some constructive discussion.

I have an opinion and it’s a negative one. How about I give a suggestion rather than complain? Combine the objective playlists into one Team Objective playlist, the is a reason why it’s been that way since forever. We need room for Swat to be a regular playlist, not a rotating one. Regicide should be merged with FFA Throwback and maybe put a normal FFA slayer gametype in there. And they really should do something about Ragicide, think Juggernaut this time the juggernaut has no bonus, everyone just chases after him.

My suggestion: For special playlists, bring back double exp weekends.

Game has bigger problems, and mainly with broken matchmaking.

> > No one has an opinion? I thought this would bring some constructive discussion.
>
> I have an opinion and it’s a negative one. How about I give a suggestion rather than complain? Combine the objective playlists into one Team Objective playlist, the is a reason why it’s been that way since forever. We need room for Swat to be a regular playlist, not a rotating one. Regicide should be merged with FFA Throwback and maybe put a normal FFA slayer gametype in there. And they really should do something about Ragicide, think Juggernaut this time the juggernaut has no bonus, everyone just chases after him.

You present some very interesting thoughts. It would be much simpler for 343 to implement this in the long run as well.

> > > No one has an opinion? I thought this would bring some constructive discussion.
> >
> > I have an opinion and it’s a negative one. How about I give a suggestion rather than complain? Combine the objective playlists into one Team Objective playlist, the is a reason why it’s been that way since forever. We need room for Swat to be a regular playlist, not a rotating one. Regicide should be merged with FFA Throwback and maybe put a normal FFA slayer gametype in there. And they really should do something about Ragicide, think Juggernaut this time the juggernaut has no bonus, everyone just chases after him.
>
> Interesting thoughts. It would be much simpler for 343 to implement this in the long run as well.

Thanks, forgot about Team Snipers though, smaller maps and remove instant respawn and it’s not a weekly playlist anymore, but the same thing as it was in previous Halo games. A fun experience with a good population.

> My suggestion: For special playlists, bring back double exp weekends.

Of course playlist rotation would affect matchmaking. Imagine if next week, Team Snipers and SWAT were gone. I’d say that’s a couple thousand people gone.

I just want a permanent Grifball playlist to have fun in. :frowning:

> I just want a permanent Grifball playlist to have fun in. :frowning:

I loved Grifball in Halo 3. Halo Reach was definitely a good step forward with community maps. If Grifball is here, it needs to be here to stay.

Zondia, not everyone will be affected by this in the least. There are those who enjoy what we have now (Big Team Infinity Slayer and Regicide players are a good example).