Could not find a server suitable for your fireteam

I’m at a complete loss here. I bought an Xbox One X last week, and am using the free codes for Game Pass as well as Xbox Live Gold, with the expectation to play all of the Halo games whenever at least until the trial runs out. MCC is working fine for me, and I can play Halo 5 on campaign, but in matchmaking, I can’t play. I keep getting the error message:"Could not find a server that was suitable for all members of your fireteam."Things I have seen on the forums and have tried, to no avail:
-quit game and relaunch H5
-searched on all Matchmaking preferences (it says this before I can actually search at the screen where you choose your preferences)
-hard shutdown of Xbox
-power cycle of Motorola MG7550 modem/router (I’m hard wired in, btw)
-uninstall and reinstall H5
-checked modem settings to make sure UPnP was turned on
-checked Xbox privacy settings to make sure there was nothing that seemed awry and even opened them up further to make sure
-I have a newer Xbox Live account, Ultracruncc, so I doubt I have any feedback at all, and no reason to believe I’d be banned or restricted

What gives? Is there any way to fix this? I assume it’s not my connection, but an issue with the game or the H5 servers themselves…yet my brother and his roommate just on the other side of town have no issues

It will be a router or NAT problem for sure

Check you NAT is open in your xbox network settings

Reset your router or check settings

NAT is showing open both on the Xbox and router. That’s not it. Any other ideas?

have you got another router to try?

have you checked your router is not blocking any ip addresses

what does you nat type say in network settings…does it search for it and give back info

have you tried manually to set ip addresses in xbox

I don’t have another router. The Motorola MG7550 is a top of the line gigabit combo wireless router modem. It’s not currently blocking any IP addresses. I also turned the firewalls off to be safe and tried going wireless instead of wired.

NAT status is always labeled “Open” in my Xbox settings whenever I go to check it, and when I test it, it searches and says “It looks like your NAT type is Open right now”.

I haven’t tried manually setting my IP address, because I don’t know what it should be set to or why that should have anything to do with the problem.

the thing is to try to identify where your problem lies

#are you searching for matches on your own?

are you searching with expanded search settings

can you log into your xbox account on your brother machine and play halo matchmaking for example?

have you taken your xbox to your brothers and used his internet access to log in?

hard reset of your xbox and router has helped many others in this situation

here is some info on port forwarding but only try if you are confident and make notes what you do so you can undo if it doesnt help

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Hardware-Network/connect-network/network-ports-used-xbox-live

apart from this not much else to try i am sorry

I get this issue so often that I just expect it whenever I load up Halo 5, and that it’s a surprise when I don’t experience the problem.

For the most part, I just quit the game, and remove then replace the ethernet cable. If that doesn’t work after a couple of tries, I hard power off the Xbox too, and then try again. If THAT doesn’t work, I do the same as the first, but reboot the router while the ethernet cable is out.

> 2533274835036944;6:
> the thing is to try to identify where your problem lies
>
> #are you searching for matches on your own? - yes
>
> are you searching with expanded search settings - yes
>
> can you log into your xbox account on your brother machine and play halo matchmaking for example? - yes
>
> have you taken your xbox to your brothers and used his internet access to log in? - yes, did this tonight and it works fine there
>
> hard reset of your xbox and router has helped many others in this situation - tried this already
>
> here is some info on port forwarding but only try if you are confident and make notes what you do so you can undo if it doesnt help
>
> Xbox Support - have seen this, but thank you
>
> apart from this not much else to try i am sorry

> 2535419441797248;7:
> I get this issue so often that I just expect it whenever I load up Halo 5, and that it’s a surprise when I don’t experience the problem.
>
> For the most part, I just quit the game, and remove then replace the ethernet cable. If that doesn’t work after a couple of tries, I hard power off the Xbox too, and then try again. If THAT doesn’t work, I do the same as the first, but reboot the router while the ethernet cable is out.

This is shameful. I’m a lifelong Halo player, and had been out of the game since Halo 4 because all I had was a 360. The old systems used to be rock solid online. I’m so mad. I’m not sure I’ll get the new Xbox or the next Halo now after this mess

> 2535433816863612;9:
> > 2535419441797248;7:
> > I get this issue so often that I just expect it whenever I load up Halo 5, and that it’s a surprise when I don’t experience the problem.
> >
> > For the most part, I just quit the game, and remove then replace the ethernet cable. If that doesn’t work after a couple of tries, I hard power off the Xbox too, and then try again. If THAT doesn’t work, I do the same as the first, but reboot the router while the ethernet cable is out.
>
> This is shameful. I’m a lifelong Halo player, and had been out of the game since Halo 4 because all I had was a 360. The old systems used to be rock solid online. I’m so mad. I’m not sure I’ll get the new Xbox or the next Halo now after this mess

Sounds like a problem with Halo 5. I have had a few problems with Xbox myself and if the next console does not impress me, I’m switching to PC.

> 2535433816863612;9:
> > 2535419441797248;7:
> > I get this issue so often that I just expect it whenever I load up Halo 5, and that it’s a surprise when I don’t experience the problem.
> >
> > For the most part, I just quit the game, and remove then replace the ethernet cable. If that doesn’t work after a couple of tries, I hard power off the Xbox too, and then try again. If THAT doesn’t work, I do the same as the first, but reboot the router while the ethernet cable is out.
>
> This is shameful. I’m a lifelong Halo player, and had been out of the game since Halo 4 because all I had was a 360. The old systems used to be rock solid online. I’m so mad. I’m not sure I’ll get the new Xbox or the next Halo now after this mess

It is quite a shame, as I enjoy playing Halo 5. However, I do not have the same issue with The Master Chief Collection, and this is almost exclusively a Halo 5 issue. The only other game I have a similar issue with, but not to the same severity, is Battlefront II. However, I’m able to load Battlefield 4 or Mass Effect 3 just fine (as examples of other EA published multiplayer enabled games that I play).

I don’t believe this is an Xbox problem.

Okay, so upon further digging, and finally getting Motorola support on the line, I have been properly informed of the problem.

Apparently, there are known issues with the Motorola MG7550 somehow in relation to Comcast/Xfinity and its connectivity in Tennessee. They said there are a few other states that have this same problem, but that they have no idea how or why this is a problem. They advised me to get a new router/modem, and confirmed that their newest combo unit, the MG7700, works fine. All of their existing users that switched had their problems solved. That said…I now have a brand new Netgear Nighthawk C7000, and everything is working perfectly on factory default settings. Go figure.

I’m posting this as a public service announcement for those who may run into the same problem. Glad it’s all sorted out now