Could Noble 6 Be Master Chief?

Is it just me or does Noble 6 almost sound like Master Chief. The AI picked him and it looks almost exactly like Master Chief’s Cortana. Plus, we never see Noble 6 die. This also happens before the rest of the Halo games. Anyone else think this? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

No.

Ok. They just seemed the same to me. It would make a nice twist in the story though. Survive an army of Elites. Change his name to Master Chief secretly and pretend to be someone else.

Sorry, but I don’t think Noble Six or Master Chief sound anything alike. MC was also not apart of Noble Team at Reach. Also, Noble Six sorta got a mouthful of plasma from an Elite at the end.

> Ok. They just seemed the same to me. It would make a nice twist in the story though. Survive an army of Elites. Change his name to Master Chief secretly and pretend to be someone else.

Master Chief is a rank…you can’t legally change your name to Master Chief…

His name is John, and he’s not Noble 6.

I don’t know if you saw the same thing I did but the Pillar of Autumn left Reach with the Master Chief on board to begin his adventure in Halo: Combat Evolved, whereas Noble 6 was left on a charred planet.

Noble 6 is dead, especially since after we “didnt see him die”, the majority of the planet got glassed, so…yea.

Plus, even if he wasent killed at that moment, there were dozens and dozens of phantoms around, and patrols all over the place…and he didnt have a helmet on, meaning one shot would have been pretty much instant death.

Noble 6 is spartan B312…Master Chief is 117

> Ok. They just seemed the same to me. It would make a nice twist in the story though. Survive an army of Elites. Change his name to Master Chief secretly and pretend to be someone else.

You’re right about one thing though, that AI is Cortana. More specifically, a “copy” of Cortana to take in the information of the Forerunner relics under Swordbase, later to be joined together with the original Cortana on the Pillar of Autumn.

Also, “Master Chief” isn’t a name, it’s a rank: Master Chief Petty Officer, John-117

> Noble 6 is dead, especially since after we “didnt see him die”, the majority of the planet got glassed, so…yea.
>
> Plus, even if he wasent killed at that moment, there were dozens and dozens of phantoms around, and patrols all over the place…and he didnt have a helmet on, meaning one shot would have been pretty much instant death.

You forgot something…Spartans never die, they’re just missing in action.

> > Ok. They just seemed the same to me. It would make a nice twist in the story though. Survive an army of Elites. Change his name to Master Chief secretly and pretend to be someone else.
>
> You’re right about one thing though, that AI is Cortana. More specifically, a “copy” of Cortana to take in the information of the Forerunner relics under Swordbase, later to be joined together with the original Cortana on the Pillar of Autumn.
>
>
> Also, “Master Chief” isn’t a name, it’s a rank: Master Chief Petty Officer, John-117

and, wasnt noble six a corporal?

> > > Ok. They just seemed the same to me. It would make a nice twist in the story though. Survive an army of Elites. Change his name to Master Chief secretly and pretend to be someone else.
> >
> > You’re right about one thing though, that AI is Cortana. More specifically, a “copy” of Cortana to take in the information of the Forerunner relics under Swordbase, later to be joined together with the original Cortana on the Pillar of Autumn.
> >
> >
> > Also, “Master Chief” isn’t a name, it’s a rank: Master Chief Petty Officer, John-117
>
> and, wasnt noble six a corporal?

Noble six was <Your_rank_here></Your_rank_here>

Noble Six no longer exists. He got glassed, along with the rest of Reach. Only the helmet remains. Come on people, even Dr. Halsey mentions this in Reach’s epilogue after Lone Wolf.

Master Chief? He’s waking up come this November 6th to put bullets into the ancient evil and deal with a rampant Cortana.

There really is nothing to debate here, it’s silly to continue this line of thought. Noble Six is Six. Master Chief is Master Chief. Two separate characters within the Halo Universe.

"It didn’t take long for Reach to fall: our enemy was ruthless. Efficient. But they weren’t nearly fast enough. For you had already passed the torch. And because of you, we found Halo, unlocked its secrets, shattered our enemy’s resolve. Our victory—your victory—was so close, I wish you could have lived to see it. But you belong to Reach. Your body, your armor—all burned and turned to glass. Everything… except your courage. That, you gave to us. And with it, we can rebuild. " That wasn’t enough at the end of the Reach campaign to tell you Noble 6/you died on Reach. Also the AI that 6 transported was Cortana.

EDIT: However it is said that Noble 6 holds the 2nd highest Covenant causality count, right behind master chief with several thousand. Noble 6 was considered “Hyper Lethal” just like Chief. (Just some fun facts, its quite obvo 6 isn’t Chief lol)

Master Chief’s voice is a lot thicker and manlier, Noble 6’s sounded more like a 20 y/o recruit.

> > > > Ok. They just seemed the same to me. It would make a nice twist in the story though. Survive an army of Elites. Change his name to Master Chief secretly and pretend to be someone else.
> > >
> > > You’re right about one thing though, that AI is Cortana. More specifically, a “copy” of Cortana to take in the information of the Forerunner relics under Swordbase, later to be joined together with the original Cortana on the Pillar of Autumn.
> > >
> > >
> > > Also, “Master Chief” isn’t a name, it’s a rank: Master Chief Petty Officer, John-117
> >
> > and, wasnt noble six a corporal?
>
> Noble six was <Your_rank_here></Your_rank_here>

SPARTAN B312 was a Lieutenant.

Ok. I understand now. Wouldn’t have been nice for 6 and Chief to have met each other and faught together or 6 be the young Chief before he was even a Chief. That would have been very nice. The hyper lethal part really would make the second idea better.

No, MC was on the POA when it took off and headed to the first Halo game

Noble 6 isn’t Master Cheif for several reasons.

1. at the end cutscene on the mission Pillar of Autumn, when after you shoot the covenant cruiser it takes you inside the hanger of the Pillar of Autumn if you turn your right analog stick to the right after the marine walks by the screen you see the chief in the cryo tube.

2. In the mission “Lone Wolf” you see Noble see stabbed by an energy sword several times.

3. there was no way for Noble 6 to make it off of reach do to the covenant blockade outside of the planet

4. The Covenant glassed reach and it says after the Lone Wolf cutscene Dr. Halsey talks, about how he belonged to Reach “Your body, your Armour, all burned and turned to glass”.

So with all of this i don’t think that Noble 6 is the Master Chief.

Master Chief was in the UNSC Pillar of Autumn while Noble 6 helped it escape, it is impossible for the Master Chief to be Noble 6.

The Master Chief is on the Pillar of Autumn at the end of Reach. Noble 6’s job is to get The Package (Cortana) to the Pillar of Autumn. This is basically where Halo 1 picks up.

However, Noble 6 could easily be brought back into the series as they didn’t definitively say or show that 6 died. However, the Covenant did glass Reach, and Noble Six chose to stand his ground.

Really, it could go either way.