Could Mlg pick up halo again?

Do you guys think there is a chance of MLG picking up Halo again after hearing all news off AA’s gone and Loadouts.

They will pick up Halo again if H4 develops a long-term following at least on the order of Reach.

> They will pick up Halo again if H4 develops a long-term following at least on the order of Reach.

Can you please explain?

> > They will pick up Halo again if H4 develops a long-term following at least on the order of Reach.
>
> Can you please explain?

If H5’s following mirrors H4, meaning there is a large initial spike followed closely by a sharp dropoff, then no, MLG will not pick up H5. It is unrealistic to think H5 will have the long and sustained population base that H3 did. Maybe if H5 is able to at least hit Reach levels population wise, then maybe MLG would pick them up.

Considering we have the MC collection I’m almost certain that will generate enough interest in the series again for MLG to consider supporting Halo 5.

> > > They will pick up Halo again if H4 develops a long-term following at least on the order of Reach.
> >
> > Can you please explain?
>
> If H5’s following mirrors H4, meaning there is a large initial spike followed closely by a sharp dropoff, then no, MLG will not pick up H5. It is unrealistic to think H5 will have the long and sustained population base that H3 did. Maybe if H5 is able to at least hit Reach levels population wise, then maybe MLG would pick them up.

I disagree. If they go back to h3 gamestyle like they’re so far hinting at with that tweet, I do believe it will be able to hold a population again.

343 is dedicating a default gametype for competitive Halo, this is Halo Arena.

This means that this default section of the game, called Arena, will reach to more and more players and shaped by the competitive community.

So Yeah, it could draw more and more players.

I don’t follow or particularly care for MLG – it doesn’t appeal to me – but I suspect they will at least pick things up again with the Master Chief collection.

Halo 5, however, is too vaguely defined. But the MC Collection gives them everything they want, yeah?

If Halo 5 truly moves back to arena-style, competitive gameplay as they’ve promised, then I can definitely see MLG taking interest in Halo once again. I would love if this happened, as it would give Halo time to shine in the spotlight once more.

I hope so, I love seeing man children cry when they lose at a video game.

Eh. They could play Farmville for all I care. They’re another group I’d rather not put up with.

They’d have a large chance of doing so as they could just limit their competitions to the first 3 games like the old days.

Anything is possible.

I hope they will. What with all the news of Halo 5 returning to competitive gameplay, I expect it will be quite likely.

Seeing Halo back into the competitive scene again would be awesome! Going back to good old days where every Halo gamer had one thing in common, going pro in Halo.

Yes.

In all honesty I wouldn’t be surprised if there are multiple MLG tournaments just for the MC edition.

~ Duck.

If MLG has tournaments then it’s time for everyone to practice from being rusty and get to the skill they were at when playing Halo before.

Only. In. My. Wettest. Dreams.

Sorry I like MLG, I like competitive games getting streamed and recognized, and/or having epic sports moments…but with a video game in very small hot corners of a crowded place with your team cheering…or screaming.

It could be a possibility between those and the Beta having ‘equal starts’. They have folks like Bravo there so I will have faith, but be cautious enough to not let my guard down if in the event h5 ends up not being very…satisfactory, yea, lets go with that word.

Potentially however I think its waaaay too soon to say. Everyone is still pretty hyped up from E3 including myself and we have been teased at a return to classic Halo. It all depends on how 343i deals with Halo 5. We will find out in December!

Probably. They’ve had interest in nearly every Halo, save for Reach.