Could Jameson Locke be Johnson's Son??

Hey guys back with another crazy theory. I was kind of just thinking over how so many people were sad when Johnson died in the halo story, along with the weird Easter Eggs of Johnson or similar people referring to the fans as him (example Halo Wars 2 add on of Johnson.) Please read this to the end and I promise that I’m basing this theory of more than just his skin color and do not want to be racist. So I’m sure by now most people have read Contact Harvest, an old Halo novel and frankly my favorite ever written. I was recently replaying Halo 5 to refresh on my knowledge (I had also just finished reading Bad Blood so Halo 5 was fresh in my mind.) since Infinite is around the corner (Hopefully!!). So at the end of Contact Harvest which follows Johnson and a slew of other characters we know at the end of the book Johnson gets intimate with an ONI chick (Buck and Veronica before that was a thing XD) It has always been an fan favorite idea (like Noble six surviving reach) that Johnson could have survived and I have heard so many theories as well as the possibility he could have had a son because of this books ending or him becoming an AI or something lol. Now my theory is since lots of information is unknown about Locke being the only member of fireteam Osiris with not much information on him other than a halo movie that doesn’t explain anything about his backstory. Since The woman (im sorry I foget the name) could have had a child with Johnson, and since she was with ONI as well as Johnson being in the Orion project, as well as the timeline (with a few years of Cryo) could totally be possible, maybe Locke is Johnsons son and 343i is either waiting to drop a bomb of juicy info on us about this in the future or is hesitant to start up a big fight amongst the community. What are your guys thoughts on this?

• Halo Spartan092

No, because trying to make him into Johnson’s son would seem very much out of left field and little more than forced fanservice. It would rob Locke of whatever characterization he’s somehow managed to build on his own and allow him to be his own character. He’d simply become ‘Sergeant Johnson’s son’ and nothing more. We also don’t need another sloppily done way of bringing a dead character back to relevance, regardless of his importance to the original games. Johnson died in Halo 3, serving the narrative and went out with a good death. He served his purpose in the story.

We don’t need another subtle attempt to slide him back into a narrative that has clearly moved on.

> 2533274838418174;2:
> No, because trying to make him into Johnson’s son would seem very much out of left field and little more than forced fanservice. It would rob Locke of whatever characterization he’s somehow managed to build on his own and allow him to be his own character. He’d simply become ‘Sergeant Johnson’s son’ and nothing more. We also don’t need another sloppily done way of bringing a dead character back to relevance, regardless of his importance to the original games. Johnson died in Halo 3, serving the narrative and went out with a good death. He served his purpose in the story.
>
> We don’t need another subtle attempt to slide him back into a narrative that has clearly moved on.

Although I agree 1,001% as far as I can tell so far With halo Infinite predicted to be about chief returning to Reach and going back to the past, I could almost say it would be an all to perfect stage being set for Locke to also learn about his past… Idk it just seems like Locke might have been originally an attempt to replace Johnson… but failed… badly

> 2535410704700107;3:
> > 2533274838418174;2:
> > No, because trying to make him into Johnson’s son would seem very much out of left field and little more than forced fanservice. It would rob Locke of whatever characterization he’s somehow managed to build on his own and allow him to be his own character. He’d simply become ‘Sergeant Johnson’s son’ and nothing more. We also don’t need another sloppily done way of bringing a dead character back to relevance, regardless of his importance to the original games. Johnson died in Halo 3, serving the narrative and went out with a good death. He served his purpose in the story.
> >
> > We don’t need another subtle attempt to slide him back into a narrative that has clearly moved on.
>
> Although I agree 1,001% as far as I can tell so far With halo Infinite predicted to be about chief returning to Reach and going back to the past, I could almost say it would be an all to perfect stage being set for Locke to also learn about his past… Idk it just seems like Locke might have been originally an attempt to replace Johnson… but failed… badly

No one in their right mind would even think that Locke was molded after Johnson. The only trait they have in common is their race.
For someone who claims he’s not trying to be racist, that’s a red flag right there.

Can we please just let the dead stay dead? I know this isn’t a post about Johnson still being alive, but it’s in a similar vein. Halo will never grow unless we allow new characters to enter the franchise and be impactful in their own way. If we keep the lore rooted to the origins of Halo, then Halo will never grow beyond its origins.

Take Star Wars for instance. All nine episodes ultimately amounted to this: “if you belong to one of three families (Skywalker, Palpatine, Kenobi), or are closely tied to those three families, you matter. Everyone else does not”.

So why make Locke be related to Johnson? Just let Locke be his own guy. Like with Star Wars, I really wish Rey was just some random woman with force powers. But instead of perpetuating the theme that anyone can be a Jedi, the writers of Star Wars made it clear that pretty much only those of specific blood lines can be Jedi.

If 343 wanted to introduce us to Johnson’s son in the Halo universe, I would be happy to see that. He hooked up with Jilian Al-Cygni in Contact Harvest, so there is room in the lore for Johnson to have a son. But to try to force some sort of Johnson bad-yoink- bloodline into Halo falls over the line of ridiculousness for me.

Again just speculation I was curious as to what others might think at this theory and im glad we agree!

He was an orphan after the Covenant glassed his homeworld of Jericho VII. Unless Johnson and whoever his mom were just up and abandoned him, I’d say the answer is no.

I never even thought of the two in the same trains of thought until this post. I was going to say something about their ages but I guess that’s irrelevant in the future due to cryofreezing and other variables. But yeah, in the wiki I read it said both his parents are dead. Idk why 343 would attempt to lie to is or be secretive about a character that I feel fans are split over. Plus it wouldnt affect the Halo story one way or another so being secretive about his past is pretty irrelevant. Interesting theory though

Locke was intended to be a replacement for Master Chief. The advertisements tried to make him fill Master Chief’s shoes, and the fans weren’t having it.
Palmer appears to have been a failed attempt to recreate Johnson’s sarcasm and personality, which similarly failed because the writers missed the nuances of what made Johnson a good character.

"I could be your daddy, but…nah nevermind."

Besides this quote, there is no legit evidence. Also considering they have different last names, the likelyhood of then being related is slim.