Could Halo Have Potential As A Tv Show Series???

If someone created a TV Series that is similar to the “Band Of Brothers” TV Series could you see potential in this idea???

Maybe in about 10 years when a F/X are cheaper and better than they are now. I would love to see more of the Halo universe but I think it would be too expensive to do right today.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i want the movie before i see it on basic cable

> I want the movie, before I see it on basic cable.

Agreed, Halo movie first, but a Halo TV series, I can kind of see that happening, even if F/X isn’t that cheap, but hey, if TV shows like Terra Nova, Fringe, Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Eureka, V, StarGate, Battle Star, Warehouse 13, and a number of other TV shows, can have special effects in all most every episode. Plus, it’s not like we’re talking a TV series about the Forerunners. Hell think about the live action Halo adds, or that little mini series for Halo 3.

> > I want the movie, before I see it on basic cable.
>
> Agreed, Halo movie first, but a Halo TV series, I can kind of see that happening, even if F/X isn’t that cheap, but hey, if TV shows like Terra Nova, Fringe, Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Eureka, V, StarGate, Battle Star, Warehouse 13, and a number of other TV shows, can have special effects in all most every episode. Plus, it’s not like we’re talking a TV series about the Forerunners. Hell think about the live action Halo adds, or that little mini series for Halo 3.

They have definitely come along way with f/X. I guess the show I see in my mind would be insanely good looking. I want it to be exactly how I envision it.

I think so. But as someone pointed out, the effects would be a huge cost issue. I mean think about how many Covenant you would have to put on screen. But that is for live action. A cartoon makes more sense. That being said, if they did do a TV show I think it should focus around ODST and a couple of Spartans. Just my opinion.

> If someone created a TV Series that is similar to the “Star Wars:The Clone Wars” TV Series could you see potential in this idea???

Oh god, no.

Halo would make a terrible movie, but make a great TV Show.

If a TV show is made it should be like an Anime like “Prototype” from Halo Legends.

What happened to the title of this thread?

as long as it doesnt become a kids show like “star wars the clone wars” did, im all for it.

> > If someone created a TV Series that is similar to the “Star Wars:The Clone Wars” TV Series could you see potential in this idea???
>
> Oh god, no.

> Halo would make a terrible movie, but make a great TV Show.
>
> If a TV show is made it should be like an Anime like “Prototype” from Halo Legends.

I’ve never metaphorically vomited before. Thanks.

No, just no. Mediums turned into television series’ are just as worse as a game becoming a movie. Especially if it gets canned mid-season. Then you have to deal with the failure in it’s entirety.

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!

> I think so. But as someone pointed out, the effects would be a huge cost issue. I mean think about how many Covenant you would have to put on screen. But that is for live action. A cartoon makes more sense. That being said, if they did do a TV show I think it should focus around ODST and a couple of Spartans. Just my opinion.

Something like Origins.

Marvel comics is doing a syndicated japanese anime based on popular super heros

and they suck horribly

keep Halo in games, books, and comics

do a movie when the time is right, if its even possible to squeeze that much info into 2 hours

> Marvel comics is doing a syndicated japanese anime based on popular super heros
>
> and they suck horribly
>
> keep Halo in games, books, and comics
>
> do a movie when the time is right, if its even possible to squeeze that much info into 2 hours

If they made a movie it could really have the potential to be a classic like the lord of the rings, but they should make it of Halo Ce because the storyline of that game made it an epic video game.

I think a TV show along the lines of “The Package” in terms of art style and “Prototype”, “The Babysitter”, “Origins” in terms of story and the general atmosphere would do well. It would have to be targeted towards more mature audiences.

If Halo ever gets a live action TV show on cable, it would have to be done by AMC. They air without a doubt the best original shows on cable television. Plus, they’ve done a 60’s businessmen drama, turned the dad from Malcolm in the Middle into a -Yoink!- dealer, brought the awesome “The Walking Dead” series to life, and now are airing a wild west drama with a great cast. Lots of different stories, plots, settings, only a matter of time until they do something futuristic. (Probably more like Blade Runner I would imagine, though.)

Only if it’s like Band of Brothers. Lots of character development, story, and combat.

When I first saw “the day before”, “remember Reach” live action trailers, I saw the cheesy dialouge, mediocre special effects, that made me realize Halo was made to be adapted into a Sy-Fy channel made for tv movie.

Just look at RedFaction:Origins, its based on a video game, yet it blended in perfectly with that crap Sy-Fy airs.

It wouldnt be good as a TV Show. Shows nowadays have too much drama and usually drift away from the main story, Halo is none of these things. It would be good as a Movie though, where it can get a whole action packed, straight forward story into one sitting.