Could halo 5 Cortana be a flood AI?

We know that in halo 2 Cortana is captured by the flood.
What if the flood managed to capture part of her

The master chief has visions of cortana in halo 5, but what if these arnt her, but are a flood controlled replica.
What if these visions lead him and blue team to a planet, where they, under cortana’s instruction release the flood.
And due to the containment being breached the guardians are then activated :open_mouth:

Seems legit. Could be possible. But if what you say is true. Then why would Cortana led chief destroy High Charity and Fire the Halo ring.

> 2533275015357155;2:
> Seems legit. Could be possible. But if what you say is true. Then why would Cortana led chief destroy High Charity and Fire the Halo ring.

OP said the Flood has a copy of Cortana. The one we’ve seen so far would be the real one, not the copy.

It is a convoluted idea, OP, but I’m leaning towards Cortana had been introduced in the Domain or the Guardians using Chief’s memory for their goals.

By the way, was it ever explained how Chief had visions of Cortana and the Gravemind back in Halo 3?

Hasn’t 343 pretty much said the Flood aren’t in H5?

> 2533274812698627;3:
> > 2533275015357155;2:
> > Seems legit. Could be possible. But if what you say is true. Then why would Cortana led chief destroy High Charity and Fire the Halo ring.
>
>
> OP said the Flood has a copy of Cortana. The one we’ve seen so far would be the real one, not the copy.
>
> It is a convoluted idea, OP, but I’m leaning towards Cortana had been introduced in the Domain or the Guardians using Chief’s memory for their goals.
>
> By the way, was it ever explained how Chief had visions of Cortana and the Gravemind back in Halo 3?

I believe they were messages sent from cortana on high charity.

I’ve been under the impression that what we’ve seen has been the Domain manifesting as Cortana to communicate with Chief. Now, what I’m really curious about is how the Domain is still around.

> 2533274912984822;4:
> Hasn’t 343 pretty much said the Flood aren’t in H5?

Indeed. However, I believe they also said there would be “other surprises in store.”

> I’ve been under the impression that what we’ve seen has been the Domain manifesting as Cortana to communicate with Chief. Now, what I’m really curious about is how the Domain is still around.

If you’re talking about the Cortana apparition that is seen in H5: I don’t remember where I read it but 343i said it was, essentially, meant to be interpreted as a memory conjured by chief.

Seems legit. Though the scary thing is we know the Flood doesn’t even a need a part of her to do what the OP said, the Gravemind is capable of forging images of people by its own will. Yet I am leaning away from the Gravemind and interpret it as an act of the Domain.

> 2533274812652989;9:
> Seems legit. Though the scary thing is we know the Flood doesn’t even a need a part of her to do what the OP said, the Gravemind is capable of forging images of people by its own will. Yet I am leaning away from the Gravemind and interpret it as an act of the Domain.

My understanding is more that the domain is more a “thing type place” than an “it”. It’s kinda the forerunner version of the internet. The Greg Bear series talks about it in his books and describes it as an Internet like stream of information in real time, all the time. It never mentions tge domain having a will, desire, plan etc. In essence it has no concious thought. Constructs such as AI like cortana and forerunner ancillas (AI) live and communicate and travel in the domain.

Being said, it’s more a place than a person.