Could framerate be adjusted in the Title Update?

I have been wondering this for awhile.

Its almost impossible to make a succesful map in Reach without framerate issues.

Its rediculous.

Bungie in the “Once more unto the breach” Vi-Doc were bragging about there framerate if I remember correctly…yet I remember Campaign lagging alot, then multiplayer and sometimes even Firefight.

What did they changed that messed it up?

Also if I remember correctly framerate issues in Halo 3 were nonexistent.

But to my previous question…could something be changed to fix all these framerate issues in the Titile Update.

Well, seeing as the framerate issues originate from the limited hardware power of Xbox 360 and the nature of the coding on the Halo engine, I would say no.

> Well, seeing as the framerate issues originate from the limited hardware power of Xbox 360 and the nature of the coding on the Halo engine, I would say no.

But all the rest of the Halos never had framerate issues.

Bungie was bragging about the Reach framerate when it wasnt any good.

Im working on a map right now its almost done but there is one small spot where there is framerate issues.

Its ridiculous.

I always hear about these framerate issues related to forge world, but I’ve never encountered them.

On topic: The framerate cannot be adjusted. The game was made to work at 30 fps, and all the animations are set to 30 fps.

the only reason theres ever framerate issues is when you phase 50 pieces on top of eachother. theres no framerate in campaign unless you go out of the map, because the game wasnt designed for you to do that. in campaign there is some serious motion blur, but thats it. and besides, the human eye can only see 40fps, there would be barely any point in changing it from the current 30fps.

> the only reason theres ever framerate issues is when you phase 50 pieces on top of eachother. theres no framerate in campaign unless you go out of the map, because the game wasnt designed for you to do that. in campaign there is some serious motion blur, but thats it.

No you see…glass causes major framerate issues ad many other things do including what you said except I didnt put 50 peices on eachother.

Anyway they need to try something to fix it somehow.

> > the only reason theres ever framerate issues is when you phase 50 pieces on top of eachother. theres no framerate in campaign unless you go out of the map, because the game wasnt designed for you to do that. in campaign there is some serious motion blur, but thats it.
>
> No you see…glass causes major framerate issues ad many other things do including what you said except I didnt put 50 peices on eachother.
>
> Anyway they need to try something to fix it somehow.

unless you want them to change it to garbage graphics with no micro detail, theres nothing they can do.

> > > the only reason theres ever framerate issues is when you phase 50 pieces on top of eachother. theres no framerate in campaign unless you go out of the map, because the game wasnt designed for you to do that. in campaign there is some serious motion blur, but thats it.
> >
> > No you see…glass causes major framerate issues ad many other things do including what you said except I didnt put 50 peices on eachother.
> >
> > Anyway they need to try something to fix it somehow.
>
> unless you want them to change it to garbage graphics with no micro detail, theres nothing they can do.

There just has to be another way somehow.

If you want astounding framerates forget playing on consoles and buy a PC.

For a 6 year old console the framerates are fine.

> > > > the only reason theres ever framerate issues is when you phase 50 pieces on top of eachother. theres no framerate in campaign unless you go out of the map, because the game wasnt designed for you to do that. in campaign there is some serious motion blur, but thats it.
> > >
> > > No you see…glass causes major framerate issues ad many other things do including what you said except I didnt put 50 peices on eachother.
> > >
> > > Anyway they need to try something to fix it somehow.
> >
> > unless you want them to change it to garbage graphics with no micro detail, theres nothing they can do.
>
> There just has to be another way somehow.

There is: 343 could release a smaller forge-focused map. To fix forge world, however, is impossible at this point.

> I have been wondering this for awhile.
>
> Its almost impossible to make a succesful map in Reach without framerate issues.
>
> Its rediculous.
>
> Bungie in the “Once more unto the breach” Vi-Doc were bragging about there framerate if I remember correctly…yet I remember Campaign lagging alot, then multiplayer and sometimes even Firefight.
>
> What did they changed that messed it up?
>
> Also if I remember correctly framerate issues in Halo 3 were nonexistent.
>
> But to my previous question…could something be changed to fix all these framerate issues in the Titile Update.

Reach runs at a higher screen resolution than any of the other Halo games did. Higher resolution is much more demanding on the hardware, which is why the 360 has a difficult time keeping the framerate 100% smooth.

As far as I know, it would be impossible to improve the frame rate in a title update. The frame rate is directly connected to game engine performance. A title update can be used to tweak the way game elements work, but not the raw code that powers those elements. Kinda like putting new tires on your car: it will change how your car handles on the road, but it won’t give you more horsepower. They can adjust things like player speeds, weapon damages, menu options, etc, but their not re-writing the core game engine.

Aside from that, I really do think you are exaggerating the problem. I’ve done a fair amount of forging, and played hundreds of custom forge-made maps. Part of being a good map-maker is learning to work within the technical limitations of the platform you’ve been given. How to make an enjoyable play space, that looks good, while using the fewest pieces possible. Also learning how to control sight-lines. Sometimes an open window causes frame rate issues, since the the engine needs to draw the interior room and the outdoor space at the same time. Sometimes you need to build walls in specific places to block the player’s view of the background.

These are all issues that every game maker deals with every day. It’s part of map making.

> > I have been wondering this for awhile.
> >
> > Its almost impossible to make a succesful map in Reach without framerate issues.
> >
> > Its rediculous.
> >
> > Bungie in the “Once more unto the breach” Vi-Doc were bragging about there framerate if I remember correctly…yet I remember Campaign lagging alot, then multiplayer and sometimes even Firefight.
> >
> > What did they changed that messed it up?
> >
> > Also if I remember correctly framerate issues in Halo 3 were nonexistent.
> >
> > But to my previous question…could something be changed to fix all these framerate issues in the Titile Update.
>
> Reach runs at a higher screen resolution than any of the other Halo games did. Higher resolution is much more demanding on the hardware, which is why the 360 has a difficult time keeping the framerate 100% smooth.
>
> As far as I know, it would be impossible to improve the frame rate in a title update. The frame rate is directly connected to game engine performance. A title update can be used to tweak the way game elements work, but not the raw code that powers those elements. Kinda like putting new tires on your car: it will change how your car handles on the road, but it won’t give you more horsepower. They can adjust things like player speeds, weapon damages, menu options, etc, but their not re-writing the core game engine.
>
> Aside from that, I really do think you are exaggerating the problem. I’ve done a fair amount of forging, and played hundreds of custom forge-made maps. Part of being a good map-maker is learning to work within the technical limitations of the platform you’ve been given. How to make an enjoyable play space, that looks good, while using the fewest pieces possible. Also learning how to control sight-lines. Sometimes an open window causes frame rate issues, since the the engine needs to draw the interior room and the outdoor space at the same time. Sometimes you need to build walls in specific places to block the player’s view of the background.
>
> These are all issues that every game maker deals with every day. It’s part of map making.

Except that ruins the entire point of Forge World. You are supposed to make what you want except that its laggy like crazy. I am forced to give up on 2 projects im working on because of framerate issues.

> Also if I remember correctly framerate issues in Halo 3 were nonexistent

Overloading maps derp. And certain infinate money maps herp. Funny how everyone always does all they can to make Halo 3 look good. And to answer your question, no, that requires a HUGE change in coding and title updates aren’t capable of doing something like that.

> > Also if I remember correctly framerate issues in Halo 3 were nonexistent
>
> Overloading maps derp. And certain infinate money maps herp. Funny how everyone always does all they can to make Halo 3 look good. And to answer your question, no, that requires a HUGE change in coding and title updates aren’t capable of doing something like that.

No there is no “Derp”. Overloading is something you arent supposed to do. Thats why its a glitch.

Oh and by the way im not trying to make Halo 3 look good, I hate Halo 3, so dont try that crap.

> Except that ruins the entire point of Forge World. You are supposed to make what you want except that its laggy like crazy. I am forced to give up on 2 projects im working on because of framerate issues.

No, it doesn’t ruin the point of Forge World.

The entire point of forge world was to provide the players with a large and flexible environment that can be used in many different ways. It does exactly that. You are simply frustrated over the fact that you can’t do whatever you want and have the game run perfectly. As I said before, this is something every map designer faces.

There are hundreds of thousands of Halo Reach Forge World maps available online, and most of them run great. If you feel that you have to “give up” on your projects, then either

a) your designs simply aren’t practical or realistic,

or

b) you give up way too easily. I’ve never made a map that turned out exactly the way I wanted it to. Every single forge creation I’ve built has required some level of compramise in order to make it play well. Again, that’s just part of building a videogame environment.

> > Except that ruins the entire point of Forge World. You are supposed to make what you want except that its laggy like crazy. I am forced to give up on 2 projects im working on because of framerate issues.
>
> No, it doesn’t ruin the point of Forge World.
>
> The entire point of forge world was to provide the players with a large and flexible environment that can be used in many different ways. It does exactly that. You are simply frustrated over the fact that you can’t do whatever you want and have the game run perfectly. As I said before, this is something every map designer faces.
>
> There are hundreds of thousands of Halo Reach Forge World maps available online, and most of them run great. If you feel that you have to “give up” on your projects, then either
>
> a) your designs simply aren’t practical or realistic,
>
> or
>
> b) you give up way too easily. I’ve never made a map that turned out exactly the way I wanted it to. Every single forge creation I’ve built has required some level of compramise in order to make it play well. Again, that’s just part of building a videogame environment.

No not because it doesnt run perfectly…because it messes up too easily for something that should be easy.

But nevertheless I somehow fixed the problem…I have no clue how adding a piece would fix framerate issues but…

I just hope Halo 4 or even the maps coming with CEA dont have this much Framerate issues as forgeworld…now if the framerate id fine on newer forge maps…maybe…we can finally get…Weather FX and Time of Day FX…That would be just too epic…well if there is no framerate issues that is…but it will add variety to maps made in forge wont it?

Maybe this should be a different discussion…

:stuck_out_tongue: