Could enviorments affect our gameplay?

Say we have a turret. Could we use it like a morter in gears of war 3 when you rest it on a wall? That would be cool. I want to climb in a tree and camp too

> Say we have a turret. Could we use it like a morter in gears of war 3 when you rest it on a wall? That would be cool. I want to climb in a tree and camp too

Um… you can jump onto trees if you can reach them. Does that count?

It’d be cool to destroy bases and stuff. Imagine playing CTF and an enemy blowing a hole into the room holding the flag. Now you have to plan a new strategy to defend it. THAT is engaging gameplay.

Eh, I can’t see remounting turrets to be a part of the fun.

The largest amount of environmental interaction there’s really ever been in Halo is the grav lifts and teleporters, can’t see it being added. I mean, imagine if environments were destructible? Can you even begin to understand the amount of rectal discomfort that would cause with the “competitive,” crowd? Mounting weapons, climbing things, affecting the environment, it’s just not “Halo.”

Semi-destructible environments would be cool… where only Half of the things/ buildings can be destroyed, but not crucial stuff like bases can be destroyed

> Eh, I can’t see remounting turrets to be a part of the fun.
>
> The largest amount of environmental interaction there’s really ever been in Halo is the grav lifts and teleporters, can’t see it being added. I mean, imagine if environments were destructible? Can you even begin to understand the amount of rectal discomfort that would cause with the “competitive,” crowd? Mounting weapons, climbing things, affecting the environment, it’s just not “Halo.”

If they can’t plan new strategies and adapt to a changing battlefield, sucks to be them.

> > Eh, I can’t see remounting turrets to be a part of the fun.
> >
> > The largest amount of environmental interaction there’s really ever been in Halo is the grav lifts and teleporters, can’t see it being added. I mean, imagine if environments were destructible? Can you even begin to understand the amount of rectal discomfort that would cause with the “competitive,” crowd? Mounting weapons, climbing things, affecting the environment, it’s just not “Halo.”
>
> If they can’t plan new strategies and adapt to a changing battlefield, sucks to be them.

Frankie did say there would be destructible enviroments, to an extent of course.

I’d love to play a game of Slayer, Assault, Capture the Flag, or Territories on a sinking ship!

> It’d be cool to destroy bases and stuff. Imagine playing CTF and an enemy blowing a hole into the room holding the flag. Now you have to plan a new strategy to defend it. THAT is engaging gameplay.

Wasn’t destruction confirmed in Halo 4 or was that a rumor?

> Semi-destructible environments would be cool… where only Half of the things/ buildings can be destroyed, but not crucial stuff like bases can be destroyed

Maybe that could be set at a level in Forge?

Level 1
-Make small holes.

Level 2
-Make bigger holes

Level over 9000
-Dust.

???

Well I wouldn’t mind if there was minor destructible environments. If I use a tank to shoot a wall, I’d like for there to be damage. If I shoot the ground I’d like to see a dent in the ground, not a crater. Now they 343i could slowly upgrade the destruction level for players to adapt.
BTW a Gears of War styled destruction would be nice.

Also nobody call “Battlefield” when it comes to destructible environments. link

I would say make any environmental changes be purely aesthetic.

Halo 2 and 3 had interactive environments: trains, windmill, falling stalactites, gates, fusion cores, Zanzibar bridge, Elongation and Colossus walkways and boxes, Containment Scorpion route, destroyable Sniper post on Relic (and for fun the overloadable Midship bridge). They affected gameplay. Reach of course removed them because they were too fun and it wouldn’t fit the morbid tone they were setting for the whole game.

I would really like to see some stackable and movable crates and fusion cores to create your own cover and traps, and partly destructible environments.

> it’s just not “Halo.”

There we go.