Could Elites Be Spartans?

So we know the Arbiter and his Swords of Sangheilios are allied with the UNSC. And one of the armors in Halo 5 is made by an Elite. So this raises a question.
Do you think the UNSC could incorporate Elites as Spartans?
As in picking strong, loyal Sangheili and having them trained to be Spartan IVs. They would be given their own armor that matches with the Spartan IVs

Obviously this hasn’t been mentioned in lore, but how far off do you think this would be before it happens? Would this appear in Halo 5?

This would also allow Elites in matchmaking, and giving them Spartan Abilities as well, as they are Spartans. They could be larger than humans, but have slightly stronger shields for balance. Probably social-only playlists.

No. Just no. They could simply implement Elites by saying that the swords of sanghelios allied with the UNSC and are currently stationed on the Infinity. Simple as that. Elites are Elites. Spartans are Spartans. Never mix them.

> 2535472193210537;2:
> No. Just no. They could simply implement Elites by saying that the swords of sanghelios allied with the UNSC and are currently stationed on the Infinity. Simple as that. Elites are Elites. Spartans are Spartans. Never mix them.

Why not?

> 2533274953123640;3:
> > 2535472193210537;2:
> > No. Just no. They could simply implement Elites by saying that the swords of sanghelios allied with the UNSC and are currently stationed on the Infinity. Simple as that. Elites are Elites. Spartans are Spartans. Never mix them.
>
>
> Why not?

Why bother? Elites have there own equipment. The new Helioskrill suit is just engineered from Sangheili tech, just like the Contoured pieces in Halo 4. Stalker armor was even inspired by the Brute Stalkers.

All these armors are built for human wear, though.

Where is the logic in this thread? Why would an Alien species, that consider themselves superior to Humans, disguise themselves as super-soldiers?

> 2533274828236493;4:
> > 2533274953123640;3:
> > > 2535472193210537;2:
> > > No. Just no. They could simply implement Elites by saying that the swords of sanghelios allied with the UNSC and are currently stationed on the Infinity. Simple as that. Elites are Elites. Spartans are Spartans. Never mix them.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Why not?
>
>
>
> Why bother? Elites have there own equipment.

Because MJOLNIR is superior. Elites keep up with Spartans because they are just naturally strong. Why wouldn’t they want the upgrade?

> 2533274806427910;5:
> Where is the logic in this thread? Why would an Alien species, that consider themselves superior to Humans, disguise themselves as super-soldiers?

To become super-soldiers, obviously.

> 2533274953123640;7:
> > 2533274806427910;5:
> > Where is the logic in this thread? Why would an Alien species, that consider themselves superior to Humans, disguise themselves as super-soldiers?
>
>
>
> To become super-soldiers, obviously.

How can they super-soldiers if they cannot not fit the armor that Spartans wear? Elites are already equal to super-soldiers, anyway.

> 2533274806427910;8:
> > 2533274953123640;7:
> > > 2533274806427910;5:
> > > Where is the logic in this thread? Why would an Alien species, that consider themselves superior to Humans, disguise themselves as super-soldiers?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > To become super-soldiers, obviously.
>
>
> How can they super-soldiers if they cannot not fit the armor that Spartans wear? Elites are already equal to super-soldiers, anyway.

I said they would get new armor.

And to everyone else, the Human-Covenant War changed the opinions of many Sangheili on who the dominant species is. And not all Elites think themselves greater than others, only the terrorists and Storm Covenant after 2553. So there might be a few Elites that join the ranks of UNSC.

I like the idea of joining teams more directly, but I don’t think the SPARTAN program is the way to go. Like people have said, the SPARTAN program was designed to match the physical strength of Elites, not to mention you would have to design whole new armor for them, which wouldn’t go over well for any party. As far as gameplay goes, Elites and Spartans could fight side by side as they did in Halo 3, which I would be massively in favor of. Just not under the SPARTAN program.

> 2533274877056440;1:
> So we know the Arbiter and his Swords of Sangheilios are allied with the UNSC. And one of the armors in Halo 5 is made by an Elite. So this raises a question.
> Do you think the UNSC could incorporate Elites as Spartans?
> As in picking strong, loyal Sangheili and having them trained to be Spartan IVs. They would be given their own armor that matches with the Spartan IVs
>
> Obviously this hasn’t been mentioned in lore, but how far off do you think this would be before it happens? Would this appear in Halo 5?
>
> This would also allow Elites in matchmaking, and giving them Spartan Abilities as well, as they are Spartans. They could be larger than humans, but have slightly stronger shields for balance. Probably social-only playlists.

well, you could always imagine that you got your wish and an elite is just smashed into the armor…

> 2533274953123640;3:
> > 2535472193210537;2:
> > No. Just no. They could simply implement Elites by saying that the swords of sanghelios allied with the UNSC and are currently stationed on the Infinity. Simple as that. Elites are Elites. Spartans are Spartans. Never mix them.
>
>
> Why not?

Because they would be mis-used. The Covenant have a truce but giving them a boost in strength may unbalance the Covenant against the Unsc/Oni and become an even more serious threat than before, humanity wouldn’t have lasted long if it hadn’t been for Spartans

> 2533274829873463;12:
> > 2533274953123640;3:
> > > 2535472193210537;2:
> > > No. Just no. They could simply implement Elites by saying that the swords of sanghelios allied with the UNSC and are currently stationed on the Infinity. Simple as that. Elites are Elites. Spartans are Spartans. Never mix them.
> >
> >
> >
> > Why not?
>
>
> Because they would be mis-used. The Covenant have a truce but giving them a boost in strength may unbalance the Covenant against the Unsc/Oni and become an even more serious threat than before, humanity wouldn’t have lasted long if it hadn’t been for Spartans

This. I doubt the UNSC is going to go handing out military secrets to people who were recently their enemy. It’d also make it more difficult to keep said technology out of the hands of the remnant.

> 2533274953123640;3:
> > 2535472193210537;2:
> > No. Just no. They could simply implement Elites by saying that the swords of sanghelios allied with the UNSC and are currently stationed on the Infinity. Simple as that. Elites are Elites. Spartans are Spartans. Never mix them.
>
>
> Why not?

  1. The Spartan Program is highly classified, the UNSC isn’t going to just give out secrets like those. We all know the importance of the Spartans during the Human-Covenant war, can you imagine how dangerous Mjolnir clad, augmented Elites could be if they turned on the UNSC?

  2. Biology - Elite’s anatomies are vastly different to that of a human’s. It took years of research and dozens of dead or crippled Spartans to get to a point where the UNSC could safely augment adults to the extent that they can augment the IVs. It would take decades of research to successfully augment an adult Elite.

  3. Culture - Doctors and bleeding outside of combat are both seen as dishonourable in Sangheili culture. The Great Schism has changed a lot but this has likely remained the same due to Sangheili still keeping a few traditions and the fact that this has nothing to do with the Covenant’s religion. I doubt there’d be many Elite’s that would agree to such a procedure.

> 2533274828236493;4:
> > 2533274953123640;3:
> > > 2535472193210537;2:
> > > No. Just no. They could simply implement Elites by saying that the swords of sanghelios allied with the UNSC and are currently stationed on the Infinity. Simple as that. Elites are Elites. Spartans are Spartans. Never mix them.
> >
> >
> >
> > Why not?
>
>
> Why bother? Elites have there own equipment. The new Helioskrill suit is just engineered from Sangheili tech, just like the Contoured pieces in Halo 4. Stalker armor was even inspired by the Brute Stalkers.
>
> All these armors are built for human wear, though.

Don’t forget the Prefect armor from Forerunner tech!

I wasn’t talking of augmentation. I meant implementing them until the ranks of Spartans with recolored armor.

> 2533274877056440;16:
> I wasn’t talking of augmentation. I meant implementing them until the ranks of Spartans with recolored armor.

This I can sort of get behind. We had humans and elites fighting with each other in both Halo 3’s campaign and multiplayer, for there to be a canonical explanation for this would clear up a lot. But as far as augmentations, and training, and all that, I’m siding with majority vote. The Sangheili would just be too powerful at that rate.

The most I would want to see is Elites fighting beside Spartans, to show how close our species have become. The Spartan program should remain exclusive to, well, Spartans.

Elites would probably see strength-inducing enhancements as dishonorable. I don’t think they would want to take them. Spartan and Elites shouldn’t be mixing like that anyways.

Not to mention that the Spartan enhancements wouldn’t be compatible with elites. Even if they tried to adapt the formula it could lead to the development of disease and other disabilities for elites.