Could custom loadouts destroy H4?

I have a concern that the plasma pistol may potentially destroy Halo 4. It’s possible to spawn with a plasma pistol and a headshot capable weapon ie. DMR/BR/Carbine, this would mean that everybody could have n00b combo starts. I see this becoming a problem, as most people may eventually just have precision weapon/PP as their weapon starts, completely ruining the Halo weapon sandbox, and throwing out any fun or skill out the window. Unless 343i makes the plasma pistol have a lengthy charge up time, this may become a problem.

TL;DR- Precision weapon/PP starts could be game-breaking.

pretty sure 343 isn’t going to leave that alone, considering that one of the main uses for the PP is to drain shields

If they make the Plasma Pistol have a longer charge time, and more energy being depleted whilst charging and/or firing the overcharge, it could be more balanced with the other weapons.

No.

I thought the PP was nerfed to oblivion

Your going to wish had that plasma pistol in BTB.

I can dodge a Plasma Pistol Overcharge pretty well just got to make good time and step to the side before it smacks you.

Just remember that the Plasma Pistol will be balanced accordingly with the rest of the sandbox. People have played the game and have noted that the Plasma Pistol has been considerably nerfed in Halo 4. While still being effective in the right hands, it is by no means overpowered.

> No.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread :smiley:

> I thought the PP was nerfed to oblivion

I really hope so. For H4’s sake.

> If they make the Plasma Pistol have a longer charge time, and more energy being depleted whilst charging and/or firing the overcharge, it could be more balanced with the other weapons.

This is the only thing I can think of that would stop the PP starts from being OP.

> No.

agreed

This was also a concern of mine, but it does appear that 343i has taken the appropriate steps to balance it with the rest of the sandbox.

i understand but they probably wont have as much lock on with it, and it has been reduced in power. most people in reach had chances to use plasma pistols in invasion and elite slayer but never really did, and you have to think about the people like myself who are just going to use 2 primary weapons

Loadouts have restrictions in Reach playlists, why not Halo 4 also? The assumption was always that you could spawn with PP, Nades and a Rocket Launcher but it proved to be false.

I think that it’ll prove to be false yet again.

They say the PP’s tracking ability was nerfed to hell. That said the best way to use the PP would be firing it normally, which then you still have the lead your shots compared to the magnum which seems to be hit-scan.

custom loadouts destroy halo as much as different classes destroy TF2. As long as each item is properly balanced the only difference is the method you play

Unique loadouts make the game more realistic, better suited to your playstyle, and makes every game unique.

Well, the PP was useful when BANSHEES! BANSHEES EVERYWHERE! Or vehicles in general. It’s a nice weapon to have, the best way to counter it is to just avoid it. Not extreme;y hard, just gotta pick up your dancing lessons haha

I’m pretty sure they have a solution to that thought up already. And besides, while the n00bs a PP-ing, you can go get a Rocket Launcher, or a Sniper Rifle, or Shotgun even. And if the charge misses, then you can kill them off easily.

I am sure that PPs charged shot tracking has been nerfed so it will be harder to hit. But also there are AAs that help you avoid being hit by the charged shot.

Thruster pack:
Simply activate it before charged shot hits you.

Hologram:
Fool the enemy to waste their charged shot to your clone.

Hardlight shield:
Let your HL shield be consumed instead of your own shield.

> Your going to wish had that plasma pistol in BTB.

That came in handy so many times for me.

Not really. At least not with the example OP provided.

Now if you could use any combination of Halo 4’s entire arsenal in custom loadouts, THAT would destroy Halo.