could 343 learn from Reach?

If it really was considered a bad game, what could 343 take from this game to make Halo 4 better?

And if it was considered a good game, what could be brought from Reach to Halo 4?

Im stuck in the middle on how i feel about the game, i love it and i hate it at times, but i hope Halo 4 will not be like it.

I didn’t think of Reach as a bad game.
I thought it was just the worst Halo I have ever played.

I can respect that 100%…

Do the exact opposite of reach.

There, the perfect game.

Anyways, 343 already said they’re going to take Halo 4 back to what made Halo 3 amazing!

Reach is like a drug, you hate it… but just can’t stop!

WHAT CAN BE LEARNED
-Automatic weapons need buffs
-Bleedthrough is vital
-Melee can be reduced
-Armor abilities suck in a normal multiplayer setting
-The armory can be enhanced
-Theatre mode with only one viewer sucks
-Forge in Reach can be improved
-Bloom sucks and does not work
-Hitscan is awesome
-Banshee is OP
-Scorpion is OP
-Vehicles should not be vulnerable to weapons that are not anti-vehicle
-5SK sucks
-Changeable options in custom game options should be CHANGEABLE!
-Bullet magnetism is for noobs
-Huge aim assist is for noobs
-Strafe acceleration is crap and should be instant

I think the most important thing that they can learn is that, if you change the formula (regardless of whether the game is or is not a spin-off), a significant proportion of the community will whine about it to no end.

> I think the most important thing that they can learn is that, if you change the formula (regardless of whether the game is or is not a spin-off), a significant proportion of the community will whine about it to no end.

Lol and abandon it…

> WHAT CAN BE LEARNED
> -Automatic weapons need buffs
> -Bleedthrough is vital
> -Melee can be reduced
> -Armor abilities suck in a normal multiplayer setting
> -The armory can be enhanced
> -Theatre mode with only one viewer sucks
> -Forge in Reach can be improved
> -Bloom sucks and does not work
> -Hitscan is awesome
> -Banshee is OP
> -Scorpion is OP
> -Vehicles should not be vulnerable to weapons that are not anti-vehicle
> -5SK sucks
> -Changeable options in custom game options should be CHANGEABLE!
> -Bullet magnetism is for noobs
> -Huge aim assist is for noobs
> -Strafe acceleration is crap and should be instant

I agree, particularly the Armor Ability and Bloom ones.

Really the only Armor Ability that could stick around is sprint, and that doesn’t even need to be a load out. They should bring back Overshield and Invis, because honestly I’m tired of people armor locking and the constant camping with the invis ability (AA Loadouts only slow down gameplay). Bloom needs to die in a fire, it gets frustrating with amount of chance that is involved with weapons like the DMR. If I get a head shot and it’s legit, award it to me.

Also:

-Make it so people can play as Elites if they wish by giving them the same hitboxes.

I personally don’t play as an Elite, but I know others that do and they really got the shaft with Reach.

> I didn’t think of Reach as a bad game.
> I thought it was just the worst Halo I have ever played.

It’s kind of funny that the worst Halo game is still head and shoulders above most other first person shooters.

> > WHAT CAN BE LEARNED
> > -Automatic weapons need buffs
> > -Bleedthrough is vital
> > -Melee can be reduced
> > -Armor abilities suck in a normal multiplayer setting
> > -The armory can be enhanced
> > -Theatre mode with only one viewer sucks
> > -Forge in Reach can be improved
> > -Bloom sucks and does not work
> > -Hitscan is awesome
> > -Banshee is OP
> > -Scorpion is OP
> > -Vehicles should not be vulnerable to weapons that are not anti-vehicle
> > -5SK sucks
> > -Changeable options in custom game options should be CHANGEABLE!
> > -Bullet magnetism is for noobs
> > -Huge aim assist is for noobs
> > -Strafe acceleration is crap and should be instant
>
> I agree, particularly the Armor Ability and Bloom ones.
>
> Really the only Armor Ability that could stick around is sprint, and that doesn’t even need to be a load out. They should bring back Overshield and Invis, because honestly I’m tired of people armor locking and the constant camping with the invis ability (AA Loadouts only slow down gameplay). Bloom needs to die in a fire, it gets frustrating with amount of chance that is involved with weapons like the DMR. If I get a head shot and it’s legit, award it to me.
>
> Also:
>
> -Make it so people can play as Elites if they wish by giving them the same hitboxes.
>
> I personally don’t play as an Elite, but I know others that do and they really got the shaft with Reach.

I think the stupidest thing they could implement is elite slayer as part of the playlists. It should be its own playlist, not be a part of the others. I never enjoyed playing it.

> I think the stupidest thing they could implement is elite slayer as part of the playlists. It should be its own playlist, not be a part of the others. I never enjoyed playing it.

Yeah I completely agree, Elite Slayer should have always been in it’s own playlist. Trust me, your not the only one rolling eyeballs when everyone else votes for it.

> > I think the stupidest thing they could implement is elite slayer as part of the playlists. It should be its own playlist, not be a part of the others. I never enjoyed playing it.
>
> Yeah I completely agree, Elite Slayer should have always been in it’s own playlist. Trust me, your not the only one rolling eyeballs when everyone else votes for it.

Especially on Boardwalk. That is probably one of the worst maps ever. Its so easy to spawn kill and map control is impossible all most. But, i cant decide if its really great or really awful.

> I think the stupidest thing they could implement is elite slayer as part of the playlists. It should be its own playlist, not be a part of the others. I never enjoyed playing it.

> Yeah I completely agree, Elite Slayer should have always been in it’s own playlist. Trust me, your not the only one rolling eyeballs when everyone else votes for it.

> Especially on Boardwalk. That is probably one of the worst maps ever. Its so easy to spawn kill and map control is impossible all most.

God forbid we have a bit of variety in the game.

> > I think the stupidest thing they could implement is elite slayer as part of the playlists. It should be its own playlist, not be a part of the others. I never enjoyed playing it.
>
>
>
> > Yeah I completely agree, Elite Slayer should have always been in it’s own playlist. Trust me, your not the only one rolling eyeballs when everyone else votes for it.
>
>
>
> > Especially on Boardwalk. That is probably one of the worst maps ever. Its so easy to spawn kill and map control is impossible all most. But, i cant decide if its really great or really awful.
>
> God forbid we have a bit of variety in the game.

I never said it was a bad idea, it just needed its own playlist. And i was iffy about Boardwalk…

God forbid i express a small open-ended opinion.

I love Reach, map quality aside it is a great game.

Went and played Halo 3 last night, people have rose coloured glasses on.

I still think Halo 2 was more fun than Halo 3.

Powerful Armour Abilities should be on-map
Bloom on precision weapons is a bad idea
Vehicles should have regenerating health
People don’t like chugging campaigns
Simplistic plots are boring
Nobody cares when cardboard characters die
Spamming customization as opposed to innovating doesn’t make Firefight any better

> Went and played Halo 3 last night, people have rose coloured glasses on.
>
> I still think Halo 2 was more fun than Halo 3.

Talk about viewpoint juxtaposition.

> Powerful Armour Abilities should be on-map
> Bloom on precision weapons is a bad idea
> Vehicles should have regenerating health
> People don’t like chugging campaigns
> Simplistic plots are boring
> Nobody cares when cardboard characters die
> Spamming customization as opposed to innovating doesn’t make Firefight any better

I really disagree with most of your points, but to each his own I guess.

> Powerful Armour Abilities should be on-map
> Bloom on precision weapons is a bad idea
> Vehicles should have regenerating health
> People don’t like chugging campaigns
> Simplistic plots are boring
> Nobody cares when cardboard characters die
> Spamming customization as opposed to innovating doesn’t make Firefight any better

Why should vehicles have regenerating health? You think a scorpion should have an ability to regenerate health when its all ready so hard to destroy? I do agree that some vehicles are killed too easily, but that just means that they should be stronger, not have an ability to regenerate health.