could 343 do a ODST halo reach expansion?

so many fans are appalled by the canon breatches in halo reach (which is stupid considering halseys journal gives a insight into it) but could 343 do a expansion for reach that gave a bigger insight on how the POA was on reach and such perhaps a Blue team story? if so would you weant it? I certanly would

I’d rather Bungie included those cut Campaign missions we saw at PAX.

I don’t think so at this moment. They have their hand full right now with a suspected remake of Halo: Combat Evolved and a continuing on Halo 3 (supposedly named Halo: Nemesis). The chances on even having any expansion at all for Halo: Reach are extremely low as it is. The only thing that should be expected for Halo: Reach is a couple new maps either made by 343 Industries, or Bungie (Most likely 343).

Nemesis has been confirmed false and Microsoft all but denied the CE remake.

I see, I did not hear this but I am not surprised. All I heard was that the sequel of Halo 3 was confirmed, that is why I noted that it was “supposedly” name Halo Nemesis.

The nemesis screenshot looked overly fake to my eyes anyways…

Storyline sequel to Halo 3, ghosts of onyx, is being written by K. T.

> I’d rather Bungie included those cut Campaign missions we saw at PAX.

cut levels at pax? any proof/vids pics of said levels? I know there were a few cut which bungie or 343 should release.

> The nemesis screenshot looked overly fake to my eyes anyways…
>
> Storyline sequel to Halo 3, ghosts of onyx, is being written by K. T.

I think it is stupid to have a sequel to a game that would be as epic as that being written as a book. If it turns out to be written in a book, I will be overly dissapointed.

Back on to topic:
Yes, I would love to see the cut out levels too. If you do find some evidence on this levels (pics, vids, etc.) I would love to see it and to give my opinion on it.

> > I’d rather Bungie included those cut Campaign missions we saw at PAX.
>
> cut levels at pax? any proof/vids pics of said levels? I know there were a few cut which bungie or 343 should release.

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL8-A00Pdkg&feature=related

](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL8-A00Pdkg&feature=related)This is the video showing Bungie’s early build for Reach using the Halo 3 engine, where they were experimenting with ideas. There’s lots of things in there, but I’m focusing on the huge space mission in the first 17 seconds, the global battle from 1:13 to 1:30 and the Hog desert scene from 1:30 to 2:07.

> > > I’d rather Bungie included those cut Campaign missions we saw at PAX.
> >
> > cut levels at pax? any proof/vids pics of said levels? I know there were a few cut which bungie or 343 should release.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL8-A00Pdkg&feature=related
>
>
This is the video showing Bungie’s early build for Reach using the Halo 3 engine, where they were experimenting with ideas. There’s lots of things in there, but I’m focusing on the huge space mission in the first 17 seconds, the global battle from 1:13 to 1:30 and the Hog desert scene from 1:30 to 2:07.

if they had a level with massive space ships and such and the ground battle then Reach wouldbepic beyond beief even more so, they gave so muh to the multyplayer side they forot the campaign side the EPIC battles reach sustained343 please keep campaign insight firstm or bungie please DO CAMPAIGN DLC!!!

@Cassandra & general: For clarification, Karen T.'s novel series is not a direct sequel to either Halo or Ghost of Onyx, rather they have their own seperate storylines and characters, not directly related to either events. Likely, it was pitched as it was as a marketing effort, but Karen herself has later stated that her series is not related to these events or characters.

On other notes, I’d love to see some campaign mission between ONI Sword Base and Nightfall, in between which there are several weeks to explore. I think it would be a great oppurtunity to explore Noble, and getting to play as a full squad, rather than split up in smaller fireteams, something I feel were given inadequate screentime to properly bond with the team or the characters within. It would also coincide nicely with the events tied to the specific characters, as we’d have more time to bond with the team, rather than feel as a tag-along for the other members. I would like Noble Six to have a more prominent role in cutscenes and his/hers actions, not just added commets to what the rest of Noble are saying.

BTW, any DLC would be handled by Bungie, not 343i.

Bungie couldn’t add the global battle thing into the game. With Halo Reach reaching a 512MB, it was already pushing it. The ground shaking and the hundreds of covie ships being visable etc. would be very expensive. It disappointed fiction fans but, in the end it was still pretty awesome,

> Bungie couldn’t add the global battle thing into the game. With Halo Reach reaching a 512MB, it was already pushing it. The ground shaking and the hundreds of covie ships being visable etc. would be very expensive. It disappointed fiction fans but, in the end it was still pretty awesome,

It’s still possible. I mean, look at the Vietnam mission in blops. There were literally hundreds - perhaps thousands - of soldiers, when the game engine can only handle 10-20. But it was managed, with a few tricks, and the same principle could be applied to Reach.

Reducing the graphics of faraway objects, scripting events you won’t interact with much instead of putting AI in, using 2D for falling rubble and faraway explosions (like the Hemmorhage grass) and so on… most of the processing power is taken up with handling collisions, then AI, and most of the graphics are light interaction (diffusion, refraction, etc). By simplifying these for objects that don’t need them, you can create the illusion of a huge battle, and it’s just the same as the real thing so long as your path is carefully scripted.

As for the ground shaking, well, couldn’t your vision shake? It would look exactly the same.

> > Bungie couldn’t add the global battle thing into the game. With Halo Reach reaching a 512MB, it was already pushing it. The ground shaking and the hundreds of covie ships being visable etc. would be very expensive. It disappointed fiction fans but, in the end it was still pretty awesome,
>
> It’s still possible. I mean, look at the Vietnam mission in blops. There were literally hundreds - perhaps thousands - of soldiers, when the game engine can only handle 10-20. But it was managed, with a few tricks, and the same principle could be applied to Reach.
>
> Reducing the graphics of faraway objects, scripting events you won’t interact with much instead of putting AI in, using 2D for falling rubble and faraway explosions (like the Hemmorhage grass) and so on… most of the processing power is taken up with handling collisions, then AI, and most of the graphics are light interaction (diffusion, refraction, etc). By simplifying these for objects that don’t need them, you can create the illusion of a huge battle, and it’s just the same as the real thing so long as your path is carefully scripted.
>
> As for the ground shaking, well, couldn’t your vision shake? It would look exactly the same.

another thing is Bungie got it working off the halo 3 engine

Halo 4 has been confirmed. The name Nemesis was what Microsoft said was fake. The game will probably just be named Halo 4 because that will bring in the biggest sales. If Halo 4 is what 343 is working on now, they need to announce it at E3 this year where it will have a big hype a year or two before release like Halo 1, 2, and 3 had. The only people that new about Reach before they started advertising it on tv which was two weeks before release was the internet geeks like us.

> > > Bungie couldn’t add the global battle thing into the game. With Halo Reach reaching a 512MB, it was already pushing it. The ground shaking and the hundreds of covie ships being visable etc. would be very expensive. It disappointed fiction fans but, in the end it was still pretty awesome,
> >
> > It’s still possible. I mean, look at the Vietnam mission in blops. There were literally hundreds - perhaps thousands - of soldiers, when the game engine can only handle 10-20. But it was managed, with a few tricks, and the same principle could be applied to Reach.
> >
> > Reducing the graphics of faraway objects, scripting events you won’t interact with much instead of putting AI in, using 2D for falling rubble and faraway explosions (like the Hemmorhage grass) and so on… most of the processing power is taken up with handling collisions, then AI, and most of the graphics are light interaction (diffusion, refraction, etc). By simplifying these for objects that don’t need them, you can create the illusion of a huge battle, and it’s just the same as the real thing so long as your path is carefully scripted.
> >
> > As for the ground shaking, well, couldn’t your vision shake? It would look exactly the same.
>
> another thing is Bungie got it working off the halo 3 engine

But they also got it working on dev kits, and not the actual XBox 360, and those demoes were far from done, and completing them would be unheard of with all the extra content found in the game. Remember that they used the models and all from Halo 3, thus putting less strain on the 360.