Couch Co-op syncing problem

When the second controller presses the ‘a’ button to join the syncing occurs but the account still shows that it didn’t. This means the second player has to change their controls every time they log in to play. Not only that but their cosmetics and etc. are reverted back as well but that isn’t as important and irritating as the controls. Is there any advise how to fix this? This has happened on two different Xbox’s with two different internet sources. Thank you!

Edit: Oops I didn’t see there was a MCC support forum…

I have had this exact issue happen a few times.
Exact.

The best way I found to fix it is to have player 2 join by pressing ‘a’ then go into some menus, service record, something.
Back out of those and get back to the mission select screen.
If player 2’s nameplate properly shows up - you are good to go.

If not, the second way to fix it is to actually load a mission while not synced up (both people get into it, but like you said, no customization or controls are there).
Then after the mission loads, just back out of it.

Now, go back and try again, and hopefully both profiles have their nameplate showing up.

> 2533274834531709;1:
> When the second controller presses the ‘a’ button to join the syncing occurs but the account still shows that it didn’t. This means the second player has to change their controls every time they log in to play. Not only that but their cosmetics and etc. are reverted back as well but that isn’t as important and irritating as the controls. Is there any advise how to fix this? This has happened on two different Xbox’s with two different internet sources. Thank you!
>
> Edit: Oops I didn’t see there was a MCC support forum…

My fix is usually just to sign the second account out and sign it back in. The game will always sync it for me after I do that.